Finding someone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xme2, Jan 31, 2015.

1. xme2

Is there a way to find someone on the server where they r if they not on friends list..?
  2. The Real Secret

Couldn't you send them a tell and ask?
  3. xme2

some dont see the tell..too busy....some r afk...
  4. Elrobochanco

Watch their killfeed on the player site and then ask one of the people they killed?
    • Up x 1
  5. JudgeNu

Lol so you can stalk them and harass them?
    That is the only thing I can get from your question.
    Are you an E-Bully?
  6. Tommyp2006

You can use their kill feed on the players site to find which continent they are on. That's about it. Anything more intrusive than that would give away enemy movements.
  7. TheMish

Add them to your friends list, message them before, or after you do that. Ask them where they are.
  8. Veph

I'd be known as the TK-hunter...
    If only :(
  9. ZBrannigan

you'd be known as the TK'er too, unless you swapped to an enemy empire
  10. Veph

Shadowplay/Fraps/whatever.
  11. xme2

Quite the opposite. In fact 2 of them were the as you called it 'E-Bully'. On Hossin they were annoyed because as a cloaker I kept capping their point at the base and everytime they left I went back to cap...I had a pretty good spot where to hide. But that changed very quickly. They (2) followed me to 4 different bases and even tho I was hidden in rocks (crouched and cloaked), they would find me. They were not there to cap but only to find me and kill me. So I thought they were lucky, so I went to a different base and was outside the zone of the base and hidden again..Again they found me. So I logged out and logged back in and went back to the bases where they had killed me...They were gone...!!!
  12. Halo572

Sadly during the lifetime of this title hunting down a tker has been a futile pastime.

I tried offering one some SC if they met me somewhere once but they didn't bite, so unless they are in a tank they usually disappear without a trace into the myriad TDM players swarming over that base being defended by 2 people.

In a title full of trolls not playing really is a great luxury.
  13. Cz4rMike

Wait, are you speaking about enemies? If they were enemy, they didn't do anything "bad". They may have annoyed you, but they kept you from shadowcapping and since they are enemy, that's totally ok... They are not E-bullies. And you are just one very bad infiltrator. I wonder why you didn't redeploy and go to other battle...

It's not like they denied you playing. You also could have killed them both.
  14. xme2

I guess you didnt understand my statement....WAS...how did they find me so easily no matter where I went and how I was cloaked...
  15. P4nda

The only idea I can come up with was that you were a member of a Squad/Platoon, they knew someone in said Squad/Platoon and they were using their information to find you.

If that's not It I might say this is just a troll thread because in my 2+ years of playing I've never even heard of something like this happening.

Edit: On second thought there are a lot of variables in play. Maybe you were on their mini map for a few seconds and knew what your general direction was. Or they had motion darts down for when you weren't cloaked. I also might point out that cloaking in this game (especially so while moving) besides Stalker cloak does not entirely and completely make you invisible. Glimmers around your edges while you turn/rotate can give away your position if someone is really, really trying to find you.

I find it hard to believe they found you at 4 separate bases on a continent, 4 times in a row. And that they both managed to run up to you without dying in the fights, or without you noticing and killing them each time.

Editx2: If you have any further questions you can PM me here on these forums.
  16. Mefi

I assume you went from base A to adjacent base B each time.
    They probably simply turned their map into "Highlight enemy activity" mode and tracked where you were and where you went.

They could set motion spotters or simply listen for your cloak cues.

Never had big issues with enemies when I farmed point control ribbons for the directive (250/250 now, yay, no more ghostcapping).