[Suggestion] Fix the tankbuster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brad seven, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Thpthpthp

The only vehicle that truly gets ****** over by tankbusters is locked down Prowlers. There's no terror like hopelessly mashing the F button while a Lib is diving toward you just out of firing arc. Outside Prowlers though, I stopped having trouble getting tunnel vision ganked by libs hundreds of hours ago. Stay mobile and situationally aware and it just doesn't happen.
    • Up x 1
  2. Brad seven

I loved the video, but still. You could give a vanguard a ohk weapon and make the same argument that you just need to get creative on how to kill it, that wouldn't mean that's it's balanced though.
  3. travbrad

There's nothing wrong with it destroying tanks so fast, but it totally ruins fights for infantry players (most of the players in the game) by taking out sundies so fast, leaving factions sitting at their own bases next to each other instead of fighting.
  4. MahouFairy

That's what you get if you don't have friendly air.
  5. travbrad

No that's what you get when most ESFs only care about farming infantry instead of helping their team by fighting enemy air. I can't blame them I guess since you get more certs for it, but you shouldn't.
  6. MahouFairy

I do try and help my team fight air, even though I don't dogfight well and as I result I get LOLpods and play CAS. My guess is that there is little incentive for A2A combat. Maybe the cert gain for downing enemy air should be much higher than killing infantry?
  7. Icedude94

What is frustrating to me is that no matter how many videos I post of me killing liberators with dumbfire rockets, with the MBT AP cannon, hell even with using hornet missiles from an ESF...people are still REFUSING to even TRY something other than bursters or a skyguard.

You could hover a liberator just barely above the ground and put these same people in tanks and they will not shoot at the liberator because their tank's main cannon "is not an anti-air weapon."

Every excuse people post as to why they can't try another weapon that would allow you to kill air solo(since not being able to kill them solo is all the ever whine about) can be simplified into "I can't be bothered."

It is just so frustrating.

I hold training sessions in my outfit where I teach people how to shoot down aircraft with tanks, with dumbfire rockets, etc. There's always one guy among the new recruits who won't go to training but will sit there whining about how air is OP or skyguards need to be buffed.

People like that never stay in my outfit for long because they can't keep up with everyone else.
    • Up x 2
  8. Mythologicus

I ramp up every goddamn hill there is and start shooting the ever-loving **** out of any aircraft that fly overhead when I'm in my tank. It can be very productive, and supremely satisfying. I salute people who do the same.
  9. Takara

Deployment shield...will absorb nearly a full 44 round TB clip. Giving you plenty of time to run the Lib off. I know this...when I see a sundy with a Deployment shield as a lib pilot. I generally have to ignore it unless there is friendly armor in the area. Otherwise I get hit with Flak and the sundy guns and will get shot down on my reload.

TB can't one clip a normal sundy anyway.
  10. Takara

Exactly...every tanker in the world HATES getting killed by air but most of them blissfully ignore the threat. They feel they can't be successful with a Walker or Basilisk or any other gun other than an AT gun on their tank. Three Mag/Prowlers/Vanguards with Walkers on their tanks wouldn't see much of a problem with Aircraft so long as they had gunners in them. But most of them simply says "Walker sucks and i won't be successsful against armor with it" But ...with a small change in playstyle...IE hanging a little further back and supporting your infantry you shouldn't have much of a problem with enemy armor. Sometimes harassing them with long range fire is more effective. *Shrugs*

The other problem is...people think in order to be effective a gun should be padding their stats with large K/D stuff...AA doesn't do that. IT gives you plenty of EXP ...but doesn't grant as much Kills...get over it. It's still effective and keeping air away from you. If you are unwilling to play AA or put AA on your tank...you have no right to complain when you get killed by it. And if you don't have a friend or outfit member who is willing to jump in your secondary gun when it's a Walker/Basilisk Then you need to find some new friends/outfit. Because they are just being selfish.
    • Up x 2
  11. Shockwave44

It's just a name. Is the vulcan really a race from Star Trek? I guess Spock is just sitting on top of your tank.

If the liberator wasn't allowed to hover or at the very least, took a long time to move to forward thrust, everything would be fine.

This shows exactly why liberators are hated. It's a floating tank. There's a reason no one uses tanks during large events. Just infantry and air.

[IMG]

Don't hover and don't fly low.

Until the liberator is turned into an actual bomber, it's always going to be OP. We already have tanks in the game, we don't need ones that fly.

http://imgur.com/a/KnSHf
  12. Xasapis

Actually we do. Bombers are one aspect of the game that is underused, because ESF are just so much potent against ground targets. This is the reason the amount of Liberators is 5 times smaller compared to the amount of ESFs. The ratio between Lightnings and MBTs is nowhere near that bad.
  13. Brad seven

Only a complete idiot lets himself drift into the firing cone of a tank, 90% of time you won't have any chance of opening fire on an aircraft because he flies to high. I can kill most aircraft that fly low to the ground, but a pilot with 2 ounces of skill isn't going to make it even possible.
  14. DrPapaPenguin

"Whatcha talking about, private, I've shot down six flying cyan crocodiles the other day with this baby, of course it works!"
    • Up x 1