How can you tell who hacks and doesn't?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pie Chasm, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Pie Chasm

Now that I routinely die 3-4 seconds behind cover with a < 80 ms latency, I must ask.

Not only that, it seems like either grenades aren't rendering, or people have acquired the ability to throw them through walls.

Then there's the good old 0 hit detection friend where I can unload my magazine into an enemy, have them turn around and kill me with 0 damage dealt to them.

Is this some kind of joke? I think the declining populations (yet again, I wonder why..) can really speak more than any post.

Not to mention that flinch is completely broken with your garbage servers and LAs/Movement seems to be king.

Not to mention... that I was killed by an unslugged shotgun from 50 meters. Is this a new a trick? A new hidden balance change?

What is anybody to make of this? I'll tell you what they'll make of it, they'll realize it's just the same advanced warfare quality of multiplayer they've come to expect and will cease to play it, which they already have.. en masse.

Did you seriously not learn anything from OMFG? Not a thing? I guess not, or maybe you just fired everybody and its a skeleton team, in which case it was kind of fun while it lasted...

Been one hell of a beta these 4 years.
  2. HappyStuffin

I'll be honest. I can't ever tell when someone is hacking and it seems to me (leave me in my oblivious world) that there isn't enough hacking to cripple the game.

I have seen exactly one instance where it could be considered hacking, though I think it's more of a bug. I witnessed literally a rock shooting anyone who dared go near it. My solution was just to avoid that area.

...not like it is any different than say...a OP Harasser/Vulcan where returning fire is pointless and ineffective :rolleyes:
  3. Sulsa

Only times I've suspected hacking is when I'm a stalker infil and I'm invisible, motionless and in bushes and BOOM, a halberd mounted harasser one-shots me from 50+ yards away. Stuff like that definitely makes me go 'hmmmmm'.

Other than that, I attribute most things to lag. I get away with so much sneaking around that I actually think most people don't hack at this stage of the game, seeing as it's 2+ years old and it's pretty much the people that truly love playing that are still playing...
  4. Veph

Pretty often I get shot behind cover even a second or two after hiding. Equally, I can fo the same to others. It's...yeah, stupid.
    Also I feel the more I lag the harder I am to hit, but I personally can adapt rather well to aim with latency...wondered if artificially made lag would help me, but I was too lazy yet to try.
    I've never experienced that grenade not rendering thing you mentioned though. But, yes you can throw them trough walls, just walk all the way into/against them and throw it. Not sure if it works on all walls but I can certainly find ones to recreate this.
  5. Thpthpthp

Honestly lag, bugs, and just random luck make up for 99% of Planetside's ******** deaths. And I've been on the winning side of those enough to think twice about accusing someone of foul play.
    • Up x 1
  6. BlueSkies

Just because you have <80 ms ping, doesn't mean the person who killed you does.

Person A decides now would be a good time to get inside, so they do so.
    *Computer tells server: I am moving inside

Server receives notice that you are moving inside
    *Server now has to decide who needs to know about you moving inside
    **Server is also calculating a lot of other stuff... so there is a bit of a delay

Person B shoots at Person A
    *Computer tells server: Person A is dead

*Server now tells relevant people you are heading for cover while also telling Person A he is dead

Person A ragequits
    • Up x 2
  7. MonnyMoony

I once got killed multiple times whilst inside the upper deck of crossroads watchtower (you know the room that has 4 shielded doors out to the landing pads).

Didn't matter where I was in this room whether right in the middle or right up against a wall - the second I stopped moving - bang - headshot.

They must have been running an esp + wall hack.
  8. Trebb

I've killed soo many invisible people this way, but only if they either:

1) Continuously spot people, and are sitting in the only nearby bush...(HINT: Enemies can hear your spotting shouts) ...or
    2) Prox radar was bugged, and showing people sitting still...again if you're in the only bush in the area.... ;)
  9. TheShrapnelKing

I haven't seen a hacker since 2013.
  10. TheFamilyGhost

The best way to tell if someone hacks is to check the forums.Hackers get outted here everyday.
  11. qquqq

I don't see how you could catch a hacker that was smart, sniper rifles, vehicle weapons and planes must be easy to aimbot with out being caught,
    wall hacks would be almost impossible to tell,

I'm not that versed in hacks or such things, but I would assume ps2 would have the most hackable fps ever, its even f2p so hackers don't have to buy a new account,

I don't know what kind of software defense is in place or monitoring, but considering even competitive games that are recorded and reviewed are hacked so often I doubt I face a fair fight very often,

low accuracy weapons require many shots to kill and a headshot bonus leads to the game design favoring bot design,
    when I open fire on some one and they spin around and shoot me in the head instantly killing me,
    I get angry with poor game design.
  12. Veph

I do that myself quite a lot and I can assure you I can't be arsed with worrying about getting banned, so no hacks for me. If you can't headshoot unsuspecting me, you well deserve this, cause why dont you land the first headshots? That quick reaction is why energy drinks are so popular among gamers, I guess. I play on funny substances myself.
  13. Danath

The only obvious hackers I've seen are those warping.
  14. Alzir

To save people reading any further, the rest of this thread will be filled by some people saying they rarely see hacks, while someone else will suggest they are in denial (sometimes including technobabble). Occasionally some people will chip in with points related to the performances issues listed in the OP. The thread will drift off the radar after a week or after page 9 or 10 of replies, then return under a new title a few weeks later.
    • Up x 4
  15. Veph

You're depressing :(
    • Up x 4
  16. Littleman

I report most people and every single sniper ever (except when I recognize I was being situationally oblivious) and let SOE sort it out. That's right, I'm an ***.

I think I've run into 4 obvious hackers - 1 clearly aim-hacking NC that was head shotting me just as I stepped out into view (confirmed sighting on this guy so he had to be firing BEFORE I stepped out into view on his screan) and 2 warping NC and 1 no-clipping TR, and a bunch of very suspect VS displaying absurd levels of efficiency and skill, whom coincidentally, I have yet to run into again.

Aimhacks are the hardest to pick out in most cases. Smart players won't allow for 100% head shot accuracy. That's just too obvious. A healthy number of rounds sent into the neck/upper chest region though...
  17. Veph

Do you have ears? Use them. I also do this a lot.

I dont like you people reporting me, just cause I have a good day. Heck, my stats are trash, but who's gonna look them up anyway when they get mad with me.
  18. Littleman

Use my ears? For snipers? Snipers typically AT LEAST 100m+ away in a busy battlefield?

Surely, you have the capacity to understand how a sniper operates? My ears are for the CQC infiltrators, and they work wonderfully. They're also used to determine if a MAX is approaching, or the type of gun being fired. Long range cloakers? Sound exactly the same as the CQC cloakers... provided I can hear them that far out with gunfire, tank shells, people crying for a medic, stomping MAXes, OTHER CLOAKERS all around me.
  19. Veph

I wasn't referring to the snipers you mentioned, cause that part is ridiculous anyway. It's piss easy to onehit people, even from a bullet drop range.
    You can totally hear when someone is just about to step out towards you, so of course I aim at headshot height in preparation.
  20. Pie Chasm

Obivously this was a rant out of frustration. More than likely none of the people who seemed to hacked, actually did. In fact, I obtusely made a complaint about the ABYSSMAL quality of servers.

It's not playable by old planetside 2 standards. When **** got this bad they used to do emergency maintenance. However, this seems to be acceptable, at least to the new SOE team, or whatever is left.

It pisses me off to no end that qualified people busted their ***** to get this game to run properly, then due to short-sighted greed we get half-***** servers to effectively kill any quality of gameplay worth having.

I've given up complaining about the actual game design past weapons (THANK YOU FOR FINALLY MAKING THE STRIKER A DECENT WEAPON), yet a part of me still wants to see PS2 have some kind of success before they pull the plug...

It's like everybody forgot how hard this game tried to be the next big thing and failed, or how we've merged servers three times now?

The only thing that might save this game is another publisher/developer, or a myriad of them.

Perhaps somebody needs to open up a server in a non-EU/US-territory and go to town.

There are plenty of Russian programmers/networking experts to make it work and they won't demand insane salaries either.

Just a thought, to fellow enthusiasts....