Unacceptable! Roadmap finishes in Dec2014

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Jan 26, 2015.

1. OpolE

2. Crator

A lot of the stuff there has been implemented too... Would be kewl to see the road-map updated again... Maybe after PS4 release?
  3. Pikachu

RadarX said somwhere it will be updated late january.
    • Up x 3
  4. Toxicate

I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing much of anything until they're finished dicking about with the PS4 version.
    • Up x 2
  5. K2k4

I can understand why they may be reluctant to update or even plan on the road map because of the ps4 release but what I'm baffled about are some of the changes which I hear about on the console version. . Something about changing the medic mechanics. . Shouldn't they be asking players before such drastic updates?

I guess in the end it's the dev's game but it seems like a wierd place to be testing stuff.
  6. MikeyGeeMan

We are just consuming dog food.

Smells good, looks like garbage and may.make you hick up a hairball.
  7. Taemien

As I've said in other threads.. 26 month old game with no expansions. What did you all think was going to happen?
  8. z1967

They update the roadmap with what they are working on. If they are working on making new stuff that they are going to add, then that goes on the roadmap. If they are just doing bug fixes and balance (which they are doing now) then it is not on the roadmap.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

They are slowing down on the work because it all hinges now on the success of PS4. :)
  10. Nayrx

Tic Toc
    • Up x 3
  11. Iridar51

I always hated consoles, but I didn't expect "they killed PS2 for it" to become one of them.
  12. Pikachu

Ps4 is not killing ps2. Its the hope of contonuing it. If it becomes a hit then se might get the big planned stuff like nexg resource revamp. Otherwise Smedly will pfobably pull the plug of ps2's breather aparatus.
  13. Iridar51

The problem is the development of games on consoles and PCs is not parallel, it's perpendicular. Going in different directions, in other words. What people came to expect out of these different platforms is different. If they devote resources to further re-develop PS2 for PS4, the PC development is likely to die anyway, or at least forever be locked in the poor, unfinished state it has now.

To be honest, I'd rather they pulled the plug on the PC version, because I don't have the willpower to drop it and move on by myself.
  14. OldMaster80

Imho the ps4 version is not a good excuse. Lack of updates is unacceptable.
    It's becoming more and more clear every day they will not implement 3/4 of what they've promised. We have to open our eyes and be realistic: physx will never be back, mission system is currently complete, the same for resources, warpgates will never work, we'll never see battle islands nor new continents, classes like LA will never have their revamp.
    In current situation new vehicles are out of discussion.

Personally I recommend to do like I do. No updates? No money (see my sig.).
    • Up x 1
  15. Pat22

You're acting like the roadmap actually meant something more than "maybe we'll do this eventually"
  16. FieldMarshall

Not sure why people bother looking at the roadmap.
    They force through things that has massive downvotes and remove top voted things without explaining why.
    Guess it all depends on what rakes in the most money.

Stopped looking after they quietly removed the re-cert token that was the 2nd most wanted thing without saying anything.
    T4 implants have 30 upvotes and 136 downvotes. Basically nobody wants it but i guess it doesent matter?
    Atleast remove the voting system, because it doesent seem like it matters and is more of an insult.
    • Up x 2
  17. Metalsheep

The roadmap never really meant anything anyway. The devs dont even look at it. The current implimentation of Implants and Pump Action Shotguns were massively downvoted and were pushed through anyway.

I remember on one of their Friday videos, they looked at the roadmap and were SHOCKED at the amount of downvotes on the PA Shotguns. Proving they never even looked at the Roadmap prior. And even then PAs were pushed through anyway.

Roadmap is a joke imho.
  18. Ash87

So bumping this, because it's been updated!

...To Nothing.
  19. Goretzu

Pretty sure it is dead.

Personnally I'd say it would be PS4 release + at least 6 months before there's even a hope of a genuine roadmap.

The PC version is just hanging on to the PS4 versions coat tails, hoping that it might be taken somewhere nice, at this point.
  20. Pikachu

They gotta find out if PS4 is successful or not before they decide to continue on this barely profitable game anymore.