[Suggestion] Fix the tankbuster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brad seven, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Brad seven

I know that this thread will get swamped with comments from the air gods to save their precious ohk weapons, but I'm posting this anyways.
    Seriously why hasn't the tank buster been nerfed yet? It can take out any vehicle in mere seconds. even with a dual walker sundy with a shield it doesn't stand a chance.
    The liberator is supposed to be an air to ground weapon but 90% of the time It gets used to strafe vehicles like an esf, flying in low and only coming into view for a few seconds which is in no way enough time to kill it unless several tanks land their shots at the same time before it flies off.
    The liberator has the dalton to take out vehicles, giving it a nose gun that makes the dalton pale in comparison is just poor design.
    If the tank buster is this powerful than why is the vektor so ****** by comparison? Why not make it a viable sidegrade? (and no, this doesn't mean I want the vektor to be like the banshee post nerf)
    • Up x 1
  2. Mythologicus

Let me stop you right there.

This is a deployed Sunderer obviously, because otherwise the shield wouldn't be part of the equation.

If I recall correctly from my own experiences, at the optimum range to engage a deployed Sunderer with a full Tank Buster magazine (assuming we're attacking at a reasonable speed and angle), the Liberator is an airborne target that is larger than an MBT that cannot immediately escape return fire and will not under any circumstances one-clip the Sunderer.

Now we have the infantry clustered around the Sunderer, most of which will be Heavy Assaults (because hey, HAs are everywhere). If just two of them launch a rocket at the big ******* brick in the sky, the Liberator will then be shredded in mere seconds by the dual-Walkers.

Not that applying logic to any situation has ever convinced anybody, but it was worth a shot I guess.
    • Up x 4
  3. zuka7

Aha, a gunship with a weapon called Tankbuster is OP and how dare they strafe flying close to the ground. We the "ground warriors" managed to eliminate these Liberators from the sky and their only powerful weapon left now should be called the Tankscratcher.
    Do yourself a favor and try to fly a Lib over friendly territory and see if you make it. When you do, try to engage a target on the ground in enemy territory by flying low and strafing.
  4. BobSanders123

High risk, high reward.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ac3s

All the nerfs and other changes (like loud sound on lib engine) is clearly not enough for Brad Seven.
  6. Gretos

I am not a dedicated tanker nor pilot. But I can see the problem with tank buster.
    On the other hand I am sick and tired of all nerfs.
    My suggestion is to buff a little Walker and Ranger against Liberators.
    Tank AP (0-150m) should put liberator on fire. That will force Liberators to take more attention and fly higher.
    I can’t imagine even one airplane which is going to survive one tank shell. But I understand that this is only a game :)
  7. Jawarisin

And I can't imagine one guy who'd survive a bullet to the head, but this is only a game. And no, you're being unreasonable with your AP tank, half the health is PLENTY.

The reason you're not a pilot is because you get murdered every time you take to the skies. Now imagine if we made it worst? How smart is that...
    • Up x 2
  8. IvanCGray

"Sir, this weapon they call the, "Tank Buster" appears to be, well... busting our tanks!"

*quietly puffs a stogie* "Working as intended m'boy, working as intended..."

The other lib noseguns need a buff.
    • Up x 2
  9. ColonelChingles

"Sir, this weapon called the "Skyguard" doesn't actually guard our skies!"

*inhales what is possibly an illegal narcotic* "That's perfectly fine, because we designed our AA weapons to simply tickle aircraft. Hah! Destroy aircraft. What do you think this is, a military?"
    • Up x 4
  10. Ac3s

Chingles, take 2 skyguards and you have an entire part of the map completely eliminated of enemy air, so I'd say its doing its job pretty good.
    But as with all things in this game, you need to understand how to use the weapon you got and not show your rear end to every lib approaching at you while standing completely still.
    90% of the time I get skyguards that shoot but not move, and half of the time they don't even bother to turn their *** away from me, but afterwards you get people like Brad asking to nerf the tankbuster.
    I suggest you guys buff your own logic and situational awareness skills first, use some rocks or trees as cover if a lib is coming at you, or at the very least move around WHILE shooting and DON'T show your rear end...
  11. ColonelChingles

Yes... so it ought to take more than one dedicated AA vehicle to take out a single aircraft which does decently well against infantry, ground, and air targets?

How about we just mount a Shredder to a Lightning that faces up instead of down and call it a day?

[IMG]

Or even a tank buster.

[IMG]

Oh no, because aircraft might actually die! :eek:

Fun fact, these things kill a higher percentage of Liberators than Skyguards:
    Tank Busters- 5.32%
    MBT AP cannons- 3.87%
    Daltons- 3.14%

Skyguards- 2.92%

Essentially your anti-tank weapons are killing more of these aircraft than your anti-aircraft weapons. It's obvious that the Skyguard is under-performing. If anything the Skyguard needs to be buffed until it is at least as much of a threat to Liberators as ESF weapons (seeing as how ESFs and Skyguards should be the counters to Liberators).
    • Up x 7
  12. sagolsun

The skyguard has only one job - to deter air. It's terrible at everything else. It can't engage armor, it can't engage infantry other than driving it over. Despite that, 1v1 from full health, with both the lib and me hitting every shot, I die. I run the whole magazine into the lib, get it to smoke, then die to the second tankbuster burst when I'm still reloading. When I see a lib coming for my skyguard, I've learned to cut my losses and bail. The 3 ticks of 20 air damage XP isn't worth a death.

The skyguard has one job, and it's terrible at it, just like it's terrible at everything else. And I still have to pay a thousand certs for the privilege.
    • Up x 3
  13. Xasapis

14. Ballto21

On march 18 in 1915 Wenseslao Moguel, a soldier fighting in the Mexican Revolution was captured by the federal police. He was sentenced to death by firing squad without trial. He was shot ten times. Nine times by the squad, and one by an officer meant as a coup de grace. One shot hit him in his head, two into his jaw, six to his chest. Then the officers coup de grace into his skull. He survived, laid low for awhile, and crawled away. He lived the rest of his life in hiding.
  15. Xasapis

Soldiers on Auraxis are not made of flesh and bones anyway, they are fully sentient nanobot machines. Which fully explains how an implant fully restores the most critical of wounds.
    • Up x 1
  16. ColonelChingles

Honestly I don't even think PS2 soldiers get real damage at all. They suffer "damage" simply because they're programmed to take "damage" and "die" when hit by simulated projectiles.

It's almost as if the entire thing... was a computer simulation! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  17. Xasapis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
    • Up x 1
  18. Thardus

Why is the lib hitting every shot? You're a lot more nimble than it, and it's easy to keep a skyguard aimed, even while maneuvering.
    • Up x 1
  19. sagolsun

It has an additional axis of movement and no matter where it moves, inclines, hills, trees, debris and obstacles won't affect it's aim. It will affect mine, and since the skyguard turret isn't front-facing, I can't see the terrain I'm moving into. I can compensate my aim only after a lump in the road has thrown me off target. That is, if I don't drive off a cliff, over a friendly medic or into incoming traffic - after all, I can't see where I'm going.

Engaging mags on the move in the deserts of northern Indar is challenging enough. Engaging an opponent that covers 180 degrees of my firing arc during a single burst, while weaving through trees on Amerish blind is beyond my skill level.

But you are right, if I'm doing AA duty against a liberator, running away does work. The lib pilot will quickly become disinterested and blow up my squad's AMS instead, more XP.
    • Up x 2
  20. Brad seven

As predicted all the air gods have swamped the thread. I have been in a dual walker sundy with a shield, I was attacked from the side, the liberator just hovered in the air while a dual walker walker sundy and a skyguard hammered it while it calmly say there to reload and put the second clip into me and then flew away while only taking 3/4 damage.