Why TR Blows And Always Will

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Citizen H, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citizen H

Just to break it down into simple terms.

There's no organization or good outfits on TR because their weapons and vehicles are sub-par, and their vehicles and weapons are sub-par because there's no good outfits and organization on TR.

NC and VS are backed by Reddit and SA. Two huge communities, several powerful developers belonging to either.

When either of these factions' equipment is under performing, by sheer numbers of howling it gets fixed because the developers pay more attention to those boards than this one.

When their equipment is over performing, like Magriders did for the first 6 months of the game, the PR machine goes into overdrive to minimize and delay adjustments.

Anything good TR gets, like the original Striker, they double team to stomp it out until it's crap.

This is an OBSERVABLE PATTERN that now sustains itself on inertia despite those communities losing interest most of the because good players and outfits fled TR for other factions or other games.

TR will never be "good" because there's no one to lobby for them and because there's no developers of consequence who haven't given their allegiance to the other two factions. Nor will anyone be swayed by data, because as long as TR can ghostcap a continent at 4am once a week, there's no problem.
    • Up x 2
  2. Hatesphere

prowler is a DPS machine that most tankers are to scared to take into battle to abuse, its a fine tank. same armor as the magrider, more damage

Original striker was an over powered weapon, if you couldent see that I cant help you.
  3. Citizen H

Case in point. Here comes the PR machine, right on schedule.
    • Up x 2
  4. Hatesphere

I play all three factions, your bias does not amuse me, have a nice day.
    • Up x 3
  5. WTSherman

Ironically, the current condition of the Striker was a result of TR whining because they didn't like having to maintain locks. They were hoping to get something OP instead of course, but the change actually ended up being a nerf due to how the numbers ended up. Devil's in the details and all that.

Of course, if it had gained the ability to Coyote onto ground vehicles like some people briefly suspected it might, that *would* have been pretty OP.
    • Up x 3
  6. FateJH

Please take off the tin foil hat, OP.

Up until presently, the only thing the TR really have needed is an accurate form of longer-range AV besides their tanks; and, with the future of long range AV in flux, we'll see what things are like on the other side of the next game update.
    • Up x 4
  7. Zeppelin123

My Jaguar says otherwise :(
  8. Brad seven

magrider with saron takes down a prowler to half health in the first 2 seconds of the engagement. Maybe TR tankers are scared for a reason? And I know I don't have to say anything about the vanguards "win shield"
  9. Hatesphere

a prowler with halberd does the same thing to a mag, i dont see your point.
  10. Brad seven

I play all 3 factions as well, and I can say that TR gets the short end of the stick every time (except the chaingun) we have the useless weapons like the striker which in no way can even hold a light to its counterparts.
  11. DG-MOD-17

Locking this, as it is non-constructive.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.