Why are NC and TR doing worse than vanu on alerts?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vortex-5, Jan 26, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

To elaborate.

NC has the highest dmg weapons in the game, they start with the bolt action sniper, a very good assault rifle and one of the best lmgs in the right hands, their maxes are perfect for crashing, and their es vehicles have the most survivability as of now due to higher armor.

They are made for guerrilla assaults and quick strikes....which this game caters to

Tr has no push power besides numbers and out pop, while vs is middle of the road...or as stupid people put it, vs gets nbd.
  2. Flag

Guess what always beat the Mag (even during the PPA heyday) at AI?

It starts with a "P".
    And ends in "rowler".
  3. JudgeNu

Oh brother...lol.
    Name your outfit.
  4. ThreePi

"NC most OP faction." Which is why they've consistently underperformed going all the way back to the World Domination Series.
    • Up x 1
  5. MikeyGeeMan

They won the last one and on emerald they win a lot of alerts during prime time...using the same logic against the vanu, NC must be op.

They actually are, but hey who cares blue red purple. You all die when I shoot you.
  6. Goretzu

Er..... sorry but all of that is plain wrong.

1) Bolt action is fair enough, but everyone either upgrades to the Longshot equivalent or to the 4x scope equivalents as soon as they can - the Boltdriver isn't better than either of those at anything.

2) Default Assault Rife is good, but so is the TRs and VSs.

3) NC-6 SAW is not "one of the best LMGs" in the right hands or any hands. Both TR and VS have much, much better LMGs and the NC has the Anchor, EM-6 (and arguably the Gauss SAW S and GD-22s) all of which outperform the NC6 SAW. :confused:
    The NC6 SAW is arguably the worst starter weapon (never mind LMG) and doesn't perform that well statisically even when fully upgraded. It is a great long range LMG, but it is nothing like the best performing LMG.

4) NC MAXes are perfect for crashing? If by that you mean that NC AI MAXs have no range, then yes.

5) NC vehicles "have most suviability"? Huh? :confused: Do NC Lightnings, Marauders, Sundys, Reavers, Valks, Galaxies, Flashes, Reavers have "higher armour"? Nope, they have exactly the same.
    The Vanguard does (and that is IT), but then that more than pays for that with its lower mobility, which is likely why it is still (and always has been) the lowerst performing MBT statistically (slightly).
    • Up x 1
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Learn to read mate...i said es vehicles....which don't include lightnjngs etc.

And the saw is great. I certed it according to wrel's guide and the only thing that comes close is the Orion. The assault rifle is by default better than others as I have used it. The air hammer makes me cry and is op. Railjack, op. Gdf op. Cowboy hats are op. Blue armor is op.

See what I did there?

Buy I can make these claims because well I'm following what others have done, which is dress up a seemingly innocuous post with drivel and post it like its fact. If enough if you believe it, then its true.
  8. Flag

They're Goku. I'm sure you can tell when they're nearby regardless of faction. All you have to do is look for the tone of the /yell chat.
  9. Bloodlet

PPArowler?
  10. zombielores

To be fair on Connery, I would bet SC that the only reason VS won was because of insane over pop at night where they gained 80%+ territory on every continent, and guess what happened when the pops started to balance out, the territories started to balance out but VS still had the points when they had insane over pop during the night and they still had all the territories they captured.
  11. JudgeNu

Yeah but I want to know what TR/NC Outfit they are in that he thinks that's why alerts are won, because they are in it.
  12. Goretzu

Er... no they don't, the Reaver doesn't, only the Vanguard has slightly more armour resistance, but that is more than made up for by the lower mobility, hence the fact that the Van has always been (slightly) the worst performing MBT (even before the shield nerf).

And yet the NC6 SAW is outperformed statistically by the Orion, SV-88, the Carv, the Anchor, the EM6, the Gauss SAW S, the GD-22s, and others it is without doubt "the best" LMG around if by best you actually mean one of the at best averagely performing. :confused:

They all perform well. In no way does the NCs default AR outperform the other two's. :confused:

The Banshee was much more powerful until very recently, arguably the AH is the better currently though, I agree.

Yeah, "overpowered" if by "overpowered" you mean "worse than the Longshot/RAMs/Paralaxx" :confused: - the Railjack only gets better than the Longshot over 400m, unfortunately infantry render range is only 300m.

GD-7F? Not really overpowered, unless by "overpowered" you mean "performing exactly the same as the TR/VS equivalents"? :confused:

First thing I agree completely with so far! :p

So you're saying you're just making up rubbish? Er.... fair enough then I guess, no idea why you'd want to do that.
    • Up x 1
  13. Alarox

The VS have mastered the art of being so annoying to fight that everyone avoids them.

Unlike the TR zerg which usually goes overboard with 3:1 odds, the VS zerg often sticks between a 1.5:1 - 2:1 odds.

This way they can maintain overpop at multiple bases and thus secure alert wins without having to fight.

Basically, they are playing the game the optimal way: zerging down lanes with just enough overpop.

Welcome to the Lattice.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kriegson

Did anyone know that the light PPA is basically a viper, but with no drop, more damage, 20 rounds a magazine and on the best aircraft? Yeah just learned that.
    • Up x 1
  15. Flag

Close.
    P2-120 prowler.
  16. Xasapis

What constitutes the best aircraft for you? It seems differnt people have different opinions. I am told that Reaver is the "best" aircraft. I'm sure both have their valid reasons to those opinions.

As for the L-PPA, it performs identically with the Air Hammer.
  17. TheMercator

The last time I checked, the serpent was pretty much exactly the same, some stats even better, so I don't really know why VS complain about the GD-7F.
    • Up x 2
  18. axiom537

Except, the vast majority of players are not at the skill cap nor will they ever reach the skill cap, and many will give up and switch factions before they reach that point as well, out of frustration. So yes you are correct in the hands of a skilled player, NC weapons which are more specialized and less forgiving are also slightly more powerful, but that isn't going to win alerts, because the bulk of each faction are made up of less skilled players, the top 10-15% can't carry a faction in an alert. That is why easier to use weapons, such as those with little to no bullet drop or weapons with high rate of fire but lower damage will perform better in unskilled hands then more powerful less forgiving weapons.

In my opinion, it simply boils down to ease of use of the weapons. I think VS and TR weapons are easier to use and more forgiving, therefore the bulk of your forces, which are less skilled are more effective, even if they are only 5-10% more effective, that slight advantage is going to show up over time. Sure, your top 20% which are at or above the skill cap, may not be quite as strong as the top 20% of NC who have mastered the harder hitting, harder to use weapons, but its the 80% that make or break alerts...

Even though I said 5-10% above, I would bet it is even less, probably below 5%, which is next to impossible to adjust for, but when 80% of your troops are even 2% more effective that's a huge advantage.
    • Up x 2
  19. MikeyGeeMan

All I can really say is the grass is always greener till you have to mow it.
    • Up x 1
  20. ATRA_Wampa-One

FRZA is our TR outfit

Due to a ton of drama that occurred about 6 months after release we maybe play NC once every 3-4 months where as we typically will have a TR night once a week.

And to anyone that thinks we're cocky, it's because we should be.

For outfits with 150+ members (so those able to field around a platoon a night) we're the best in the world when we play VS and when we play TR when you look at KDR, KPH, and accuracy.

Oh, and for anyone thinking that TR guns aren't accurate, there is a 0.2% (so meaningless) difference between when we play TR and VS, and we goof off a hell of a lot more on TR than on VS.