Why are NC and TR doing worse than vanu on alerts?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vortex-5, Jan 26, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

Well...you want to know the secret...on emerald at least
  2. Hosp

Woohoo, Time for my 2 cents:

- Easy entry for their weapons use ensures their zerglings & newbies are better off from the get go. Which generally makes their fodder slightly more effective than the other empires with lesser experience.

- VS equipment that has been blatantly OP has stayed blatantly OP for longer periods of time prior to getting balanced. This makes players of NC/TR want to avoid the massive fights (which alerts attract) in lieu of a better gameplay experience elsewhere.

- Speculation and dependent on Servers but, from what i see on our server, VS tend to out pop more of the time outside of US primes.
    -------------------
    I would like to see a cert distribution. How much XP do people who've been active in say the past 30/90 days (excluding boosts) have they earned per empire? And across what BRs are those certs distributed?

Examples:
    Do VS have a higher cert gain at lower levels but slow down at later levels where TR or NC may over take them?
    Are TR cert gains a more gradual upward trend?
    Is there some hard point (maybe average BR or common amount of certed equipment) where NC go from struggling (if they struggle) to shoot upward?

All speculative questions. But it may be a good telltale factor of how things are balanced.
  3. FnkyTwn

VS would kill for the Mercenary or for a 200 dmg LMG.

And ZOE was nerfed OVER A YEAR AGO. A lot of people in this thread are coming up with some pretty lame excuses for losing alerts these days, and conveniently forgetting that ZOE was a response to the HaxMax.
  4. Azareya

It couldn't be possibly be that the TR and NC play like ***** squads sending their squads one after another to die, instead of actually using "tactics" to win.

We were taking over an AMP station yesterday on Cobalt with a 35% pop against the mighty 65% TR who didn't even notice that we were spawning inside A point until there was 1 min left on capture, and BEHOLD the massive zerg of 91% appeared, and hurray for TR they won the amp station! too bad they lost 5 other territories and had no lattice to it anymore.

If you don't care about alerts, that's fine, but don't go making up excuses when you lose, and taunt us when you win.
  5. Hosp

A VS would kill for a SAW or Mercenary...after its been upgraded. Hence my specificity about ease of entry about VS weapons.

Also, when did I mention ZOE? Want me to go back and pull out all the much needed nerfs VS got?

Also, the second part of my post isn't totally irrelevant to the first part. It can be taken separately as an interesting aspect to balance, but seeing if there are any huge trends in cert gain can be quite telling of how "easy" an empire may have it at certain times of advancement and during certain times of weapon (im)balance.
  6. Whatupwidat

That moment when a VS player assumes I'm being at all serious when typing stuff like that ;)
  7. Bloodlet

PPA wasn't that long ago.
  8. FocusLight

Feel free to argue against me, vanilla denial don't work very well. For your convenience here is what you quoted, once again: "In general, VS has the most user-friendly gear available to them, in spite of some useless trash like the current ZOE. This makes it slightly easier to do well with VS than not."

Yes I know, GOKU are in love with themselves and this is what you honestly think - that your outfit alone makes the difference. All this proves is that your outfit's good team-work works - like it does for others, but notice that I already covered this - VS is the faction that team-workers gravitate towards most often.

Somehow TR and NC both just have to many fly-boys. Yeah, if that's true or not it still proves that frankly, my arguments about team-work and the larger volume of it in VS stands - TR and NC simple needs more of that. Both factions on all servers have team-work oriented outfits, but how large, and how many, compared to the VS ones? Personally it sometimes feels like there are only 3 outfits on all of Cobalt TR who do any team-work at all, and while I know that's not true, these 3 are of moderate size and the level of intra-outfit cooperation leaves something to be desired. I can only imagine how it's like for NC outfits who have to handle regular NC sillyness like the many champions in the TK'ing olympics.

Classic. VS Scythe is underwhelming - obviously, right? - and it's not the VS's fault they are doing so much better, it's the TR/NC's fault for having better gear and worse players. Once again as I said many VS players honestly believe that they are really really awesome and so much better than other players *AS A FACTION* and thus win more *IN SPITE* if supposedly having inferior gear.

You have done nothing but prove my points for me.
    • Up x 1
  9. FocusLight

Read the rest of my post, maybe?

For your convenience, let me post the whole thing again and highlight the bits where I spoke about team-work.

"In general, VS has the most user-friendly gear available to them, in spite of some useless trash like the current ZOE. This makes it slightly easier to do well with VS than not. This has slowly led to more VS doing better than other factions on average and this leads many who value winning more than any faction flavor to switch to VS. There are huge loads of VS players who were originally maining TR or NC, and as more and more left for VS on different servers, their friends followed because friends to team up with is more important to most players than faction loyalty.

There are many other factors, but the fact that VS slowly builds more team-work oriented players on average and has an easier time overall leads to the current conditions in this game where VS lead in overall alert wins and so on, and this also makes matters worse. The VS are the "winners" so more players join them, and so on.

In all competitive games, someone will always start leading, for some reason. It just happen that VS got the edges needed to make it them - so far. This could change, but personally I don't think so.

Only issue I have with this is the annoying volume of VS players who are apparently oblivious to this and fully buy into the idea that somehow, in some way, they just so happen to be a whole faction - across many servers - that are "better" as players and this makes them superior - indeed, their gear it universally UP and crap too, if you listen to some of them talk - and they are superior in spite of this.

Few things are more disgusting than egocentric, arrogant people in a consistent winning position.

Well, this is simply what people will have to deal with, as it is."
  10. FnkyTwn

All of your arguments boil down to "VS is OP, either in fact or in spirit" ??? It's hard to argue points with somebody who hedges his bets with every point that he makes.

"
    -VS's gear is OP and that's the reason they win
    -TR and NC don't play together as a group and that's why they lose
    -TR and NC players are leaving to go play as VS and that's why VS wins
    "

I disagree that VS is "slightly easier" than the other factions. Is the Orion a good starting gun? Sure is. Is the Mercenary a great starting Carbine? Sure is. Does the Carv basically have the same stats as the Orion but with more bullets? Sure does.

Come play on Emerald, where even with all of VS's "advantages", they still manage to lose alerts to competent TR and NC outfits.

And actually, claiming that one faction is more OP than another, just shows a lack of experience from playing other factions. I don't mean hopping in for 15 minutes to test out the Orion, I mean getting an alt to at least BR30 so that you understand that every faction has it's pluses and minuses. Does VS hold an advantage for HA players up to BR5? Maybe. Is that the reason you're losing alerts? No.
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

If Hyperion banter is in any way credible, that's probably Reltor.
  12. FocusLight

I'm not responding to the rest, because the rest is a reply to a straw-man.

Read my post over again, and if you honestly don't see anything other than "some fellow who thinks VS is OP" then you are little more than a arrogant GOKU member and we have nothing to talk about in a civilized manner.
    • Up x 1
  13. FnkyTwn

To be fair, your post sounds just like 15 others in this thread, and they're being very serious. Also, you just posted similar in another thread. If nobody knows that it's sarcasm, then it's not sarcasm. I recommend using "/sarcasm" at the end of your wittiness so we're all in on the joke.

Here's your post from the Unlimited Ammo thread:
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

On Cobalt there competition between TR and VS - who zerg NC harder.
  15. Xasapis

I'm more interested to know why NC are winning every single completitive event. Winning the derpathlon like alerts on live servers may seem like a great thing to some, but when things get really serious, it sems that somebody else has the distinct competitive advantage.
  16. Whatupwidat

The problem with letting everyone in on the joke is that I'd then be pandering to pedants and people who can't identify obvious sarcasm and buffoonery.

The use of jokey smilies is a good indicator - if I'd have been serious I'dve either not used a smilie - or gone with a serious one like :/ or o_O

Also - best read this reply fast before they all get deleted for "not contributing to the discussion"....like that's even possible lol xD
  17. Reclaimer77

Damage > All. That's why.

Once your break through the "skillcap" of being able to deliver superior damage consistently, as good/organized NC players have, it simply dwarfs every other faction trait.
    • Up x 1
  18. MikeyGeeMan

Its funny to see this.

Anyone on during those alerts knows why the vs wins most of the alerts .

Coordination. As a player of all 3 I can tell you this.

The NC push hard during the alerts but focus their attacks on the wrong places and their command channel is totally unorganized. Yeah they can pull off a 6 platoon max crash, but then sit at the point to get their points.

The tr zerg to a great extent. As can be evidneced by their copious public platoons. Which is great to get in and play but there is only so much 382 or AOD can do with the nublets in squad.

The vanu run smaller squads and don't stick around at the obj waiting for their points, they move in to the next flag.

So i can see and understand how you think coordination and smarts could be misconstrued as op weaponry.

Fact is you can nerf vs all to he LL and back, and it wont make you win an alert.

Easy test. Log in to each faction during an alert and look at the available squads. You will see NC with many platoons but nit all full. With zerg platoons abound. The tr have all zergfits. And the vanu have small squads working together when needed.

Also did I mention play style? Vanu play to take the obj. Tr play to farm rarely moving up getting their dakka on. While the NC are running all over the place , just not to the right places.

And can you seriously oppose the will of vanu? Because when you fail you don't fail your faction, you fail yourself.
  19. DQCraze

I dont know, ive seen VS make some really crappy moves lately. I think they arent as they were 6 months ago.
  20. MikeyGeeMan

Yes NC is the op faction right now.