If you could remove Outfits and Platoons, would you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inex, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Borsty

Having outfits and squads ingame doesnt make any difference to guys logging in to teamspeak and wanting to play together. It would just make it less enjoyable to organize etc.
    So no, I would not remove the outfits.
  2. TheFamilyGhost

Your post is contradictory to itself.
  3. TheFamilyGhost

Now that I think about it, Squads and Platoons are good.

Outfits, not so much. I find that outfits are places for people that like to hear themselves talk. I ought to get ribbons for the numebr of mutes I've done.
  4. MarkAntony

sooo.... this is a redeployside thread in disguise, isn't it?
  5. z1967

Never. Removing the community aspect of an MMO is akin to just shutting down the servers.

Fix redeployside without nuking communities. There are many better ways to fix redeployside, and none of them involve removing platoons or outfits.
  6. Inex

Not entirely. Redeployside is of course something that occurs because of organized platoons. But it's only part of the damage they do to the game.

Think about it: When was the last time your platoon picked a fight that didn't fall into one of these categories?
    1. Redeploying onto a fight at the last second to re-secure a base (i.e. Redeployside).
    2. Gathering up all the people on the continent, and shoving them into a base the size of de_dust.
    3. Moving to stomp on a single squad fight for the easy win.
    The way large, organized groups behave breaks the game. I know it's not possible to remove them, but I'd love to have their influence be less destructive.
  7. Nalothisal

I'm going to stop you at KDR. In my opinion K/D severely detracts from the game as a whole and should be abolished from the official site. Things like Recursion's stat tracker I have nothing against.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pointyguide2

Outfits/Squads are infinitly important to this game and what he said:
  9. Pointyguide2

Everyone should auto join a squad or platoon when they log in. the option should be on by default.