Best armistice loadout?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hiperion, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

from someone who auraxiumed too many smgs and used them too much, suppressor/Soft Point ammo/Force Grip/fav sight (1x personnaly)
  2. Mxiter

I used extended mags for having a hope to win 1V2-1V3 fights.

The base hipfiring is somewhat decent with SMGs and ADS with that high horizontal gun is an heresy.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

I am a strong proponent of the idea that all SMGs should be used with Advanced Laser Sight, as it plays to one advantage SMGs have - hip fire accuracy. For those who can't deal with low damage per mag, there are high capacity SMGs.

I won't lie, this setup is hard to play with, and requires exceptional hip fire aim and a good judgement when to engage, but it is more optimal then Ex. Mags.

The other stuff is a no-brainer:
    no barrel, SPA, 1x reflex. Suppressor ***** damage too much, making the weapon even less versatile than it is, and other barrel attachments have undesirable effects on hip fire.
  4. Ballto21

Then i guess the sirius is terrible, since its basically a hailstorm with 10 less bullets.
  5. Ballto21

Suppressors are fantastic i have no idea why all this hate exists. The only guns i dont use them on are BASRs, ARs in almost all situations, and carbines. While it does lower velocity and ranged damage, on the sirius at least with SPA instead of +5m of max damage range its +2, granted a 3m tradeoff is pretty big but with the rate of fire and clipsize, and as an infiltrator if youre seen youre dead, its worth it. Exceptions being if youre mid-long range outdoors, at which point you should probably be using a FASR, but thats a playstyle issue. I have applied this same logic to the Eridani, the VS version of the armstice, which has worked out insanely well for me averaging at about a k/d of 4.6/1 for the first couple hours of gameplay when im fully invested in badassmode, then tapering off as i get bored and start pissing around to about a 2.4 KDR. And while KDr isnt as important as people want you to think, generally decent KDR, not fantastic, not god awful, means the loadout can and does work well enough.
  6. Iridar51

I didn't said Suppressor will make the weapon unusable, just less versatile. It's a viable loadout, and I'd certainly use a Suppressor in some situations if I could put it on / remove it at will. But it's not something I can recommend for everyday use.

Suppressor's advantages will only affect the player in some circumstances, but its disadvantages will affect him almost every time he fires his gun.
  7. lilleAllan

I'd run ext mags and SPA.
  8. Jawarisin

For infiltrators, silencers is a must have on SMGs.
    Aside from that, I feel like the foward grip is a billion times better than the ALS. ALS has the advantage when I go in a place I know I'll just hipfire in a pack of people, but that's rare. Forcegrip allows their heads to pop just that much faster if you got good aim.
  9. Iridar51

I don't play infiltrator a lot, but I've heard the opposite argument - Infiltrators don't need suppressors because they can wipe away their minimap signature by cloaking.
    Forward grip reduces horizontal recoil, which will still be bad on SMGs, and the reduction will become noticeable only at ranges where SMGs aren't effective anyway due to strong damage drop off.

I know there is CoD mentality of "see an enemy -> aim down sights", whatever the reason for it, but that's not how PS2 should played. If you don't hip fire a lot with an SMG, you're doing something wrong.

ADSing slows you down, reduces your field of vision. You don't want to do it unless it's absolutely necessary, and with an SMG it's only necessary if the enemy is too far away. And ALS greatly increases that effective hip fire range.

I would expect a more common argument of ALS vs ex. mags, but ALS vs FG? That one is a no-brainer.
  10. Jawarisin

That's the same kind of person who thinks that they don't have to move when sniping because cloaking makes people forget about you. Cloaking will not stop the sound, and it will still leave a red dot, even if it's slightly less long, there's a red dot none the less.

ADSing barely slows you down with an smg. It doesn't actually impede your FOV much with a 1x sight.

As far as being a no brainer, I suggest you try it before you make such comments, and if you need a reason, all I can tell you is I manage to have one of the highest KPH with my weapons while keeping them with a decent k/d and having a 30%+ accuracy. I'm doing something right obviously.

Go try it out, slap a foward grip on your favorite SMG, and try ADS'ing on people even at close range. Come back to me once you tried it out for longer than a half a second :)
  11. Iridar51

Even 75% ADS is slower than 100% of normal run speed.
    1x reflex still reduces field of vision, blocks what you can see with the weapon model. "Not a lot" is not a good argument. It's still counterproductive.
    "I do good with it" is not an argument either. Doesn't mean it's an optimal setup. I pull 2.5+ K/D average with a slug shotgun, in a vacuum it seems "okay" in relation to my average 2.7 K/D. The caveat is that I could pull around the same K/D with just a Commissioner, which shows just how ineffective slug shotguns really are compared to normal weapons.
    It's meaningless. Blind faith and placebo effect. Forward Grip does nothing for your ADS accuracy at close range. Take it off and you won't even notice it's not there, if you really are using it as you claim to.

I'm always looking forward to challenges and new ways to play. I will try it out, coincidentally I'm playing with SMGs now anyway, but I'm extremely skeptical.
  12. Jawarisin

I would get into a more elaborate explanation all the while maybe stat bashing a little bit, but since you said you'd give it a try, I'll reserve any words I have until that's done. Just remember that being skeptical is to doubt, including what you think, not only what others think.

I'll be waiting on your feedback.
  13. Hiperion

well i doing well with the ex mags and sp x1 reflex as infiltrator,m thanks for you replies,
    Then i think im gonna go next for the ns7 pdw
  14. Unsp0kn

Armistice and T4 AMP sidearm is almost too much fun. I feel like I'm carrying two SMGs. Maybe I need to go back to that instead of playing so much HA lately.
  15. Iridar51

So I tried it with NS-7. Threw in a compensator just for the kicks - gonna be ADSing anyway, right? 30 seconds later I realize I'm an idiot who wasted 200 certs for nothing, because none of this can possibly improve what NS-7 is great at as it is. This gun barely has any recoil, so "headshotting within 20m" doesn't get improved by these attachments in the least. Finished its auraxium with laser.

Tried same setup with Failstorm for half an hour until PS2 decided to bug out. I guess accuracy has improved, and I can't honestly say that even without ALS and with compensator this gun has bad hip fire. The issue is it does so little damage at range that it just doesn't matter, and at close range - recoil doesn't matter.

So whatever arguments you intended to bring, you'll have to, because so far forward grip on an SMG seems suboptimal.

I would not bash someone who plays with it, and I'd recommend it myself to ADS-happy people transitioning to PS2 from CoD and other ADS-heavy games, but it is not optimal, and it is not the best way to play with an SMG in general.

This is my claim: Forward Grip is not needed for close range ADS headshots, and SMGs are so bad at range that recoil reduction does not matter there enough to make it optimal.
  16. Jawarisin

See there, instead of doing as I suggested, you went with your own little idea of what's good and threw in a compensator. Just try exactly what I said: Sight(that's personnal pref) /Foward Grip/Suppressor/Soft Point.

Also, the reason you think recoil doesn't matter is because you don't understand how it works in this game yet. It's not like in rust where what you see visually is a good representation of where the bullet will go. Anyways, come back to me once you tried it. Strap it on to the armistice and see how it goes, with the exact set up I mentionned above. If you wan't to take what I said, take all of it, and don't just go criticising what I said if you decide to change it. Because all you've proven with that is that whatever you thought would be better was in fact, worst.

So once again, try exactly what I said: Sight(that's personnal pref) /Foward Grip/Suppressor/Soft Point on an armistice.
  17. Iridar51

Excuse you? You got a lot of balls claiming I don't know how recoil works in PS2, considering I'm one of the few people who actually took time to learn, test and share everything there is about recoil in PS2.

Why should I "try" anything if you can't explain how is this better than what I'm using? If there's no basis, no theory behind it, then practice is meaningless. It can lead to the wrong conclusions. Again, "I do good with it" is not an argument unless you can explain why you do good with it, and why is it better than other options.
  18. Jawarisin

I see you edited your post from the previous one. So I eddited mine, but I'll still send you the original, which answers your question.

So for now, please try exactly what I said: Sigh(preference)/Foward grip/Soft Point Ammo/suppressor on an armistice.
  19. Iridar51

Alright, let's continue this one-on-one then.