L-PPA needs a range nerf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zombielores, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Xind

Considering the time it takes to lock, flares, and the ease of terrain to break them...I don't think like that would change anything. However, that pulsing lock on sound would worry them and make them relocate. G2A lock ons. More...Psychological than Physical Warfare.
  2. zombielores

Same thing can be said with max shotguns, just step back and out of our range, so you can stop your scat max OP QQ because you know, you can just stay out of our range. That logic ain't going to cut it here because even the scat max you can fight back with C4 or rockets.
  3. zombielores

Can't the same thing be said about the L-PPA.
    ohh so you should be able to sit 600 meters away killing infantry uncontested.

Some double standards right there.
    • Up x 3
  4. zombielores

Look at my OP, this is about L-PPA spamming from 600+ meters away with no danger as any G2A options don't have the range to fight back, we're not talking about weapon performance or anything, we're talking about a broken mechanic that should be fixed.
  5. Cyropaedia

Sure buddy….

So sitting on a cliff spamming Ravens (i.e. NC seems to enjoy AV with Render Range lately) on Magriders and Lightnings below when they can't fire back (angle restrictions or ducking behind cliff) is totally permissible. Yet, when Air is the only solid recourse that is OP.

Also, on further investigation with regards to your original post. Kyrin1 (Burster Max) only has 4 kills and 12 deaths. I guess he bought his second burster with Station Cash and happens to main BR100 TR or VS?

Waiting on the video...
    • Up x 1
  6. battlegoose

Snipers do the same type of thing and don't really contribute to the fight all that much.

There is great news though, the L-PPA's really annoying but isn't that effective at killing, so you still get to take the point, and the base, and the alert. You could always pull a stealth Flash and drive closer then blow them out of the sky.
  7. silver032

Shh, don't let soe ruin one of the vs only unique farming niches

But in all seriousness as a ppa user, at that range it takes 20 rounds to kill a person and also if a scythe is using ppa they are completely destroyed in a2a combat, more so then a banshee or air hammer user is. With the ah or banshee u can still use them in dogfights.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scorponok

of course they would scream nerf...their vehicles cost resources...your rockets dont...tbh i feel that rockets should cost resources as well and those AV turrets etc...would only balance stuff out....im a 99% infantry guy.

well if you stand still to be hit by 20 shots...then he has earned that kill lol...because the person that died is either AFK or not smart enough to get out of line of fire.
  9. radrussian2

only if you don't think about it. its far easier to spawn an anti air esf to take care of it than to spawn a tank and then get it up on whatever cliff they are on to take care of their sundy.
  10. Zarathustra

Basically, Zombielores was trying to farm the VS warpgate. When someone farmed him, he needed to come to the boards. Scythe - weapon and thruster wise - has weaker A2A performance than NC and TR. As previous posters have pointed out, Banshee and Air Hammer are more versatile. I can see why the L-PPA behaves differently. It may seem slightly OP because of its range. However, looking at general condition of the Scythe, L-PPA keeps the VS ESF balanced.
  11. zombielores

Basically VS didn't have the southeast warp gate and NC was warp gate camped at the southeast warp gate because that was NC's not VS's. I mean did you even read my OP, I clearly said I pulled a reaver from Arroyo Terro Station which means one of 2 things, the least likely one, NC was warp gate camping VS and got majorly back capped all the way from Crossroads to all of Tawrich and it's satellite. Or the more likely thing is VS was warp gate camping NC all the way to the southeast warp gate [which is horrifically easy to warp gate camp]. Second part, notice how every time someone said go get the L-PPA scythe I gave the almost the same response, I said why do I have to go 500 meters [already proven far beyond that by one of my post] deep into ENEMY [key word] territory [around crossroads] putting myself in tremendous more danger then the L-PPA scythe just to even have the chance of killing him [while all his allies ignore me.] while he can spam away with no care in the world earning free cheap easy kills with no way to even remotely counter him.

All I hear is L-PPA balanced around long range blah blah blah blah blah, well do you know what, let's make everything even then, everything from every empire, ravens are long ranged, so let's remove their range cap and we can throw that silly range nerf on PTS out the window, oh wait, 2/3 of the game have been b@#*! their mouths off about how OP the Ravens are and how you can't fight them back blah blah blah but when it comes to your empire it's balanced because of this or that even though it's the exact same issue just on different platforms and a different empire, some unbelievable frigin double standards from some people here.

So I propose you 2 options.

# 1. Remove all range caps, I mean ALL, fair for everyone but diminishes the game. That means G2A misses will have infinite range as long as you can render.

#2. Give range caps to all weapons, unless I am right and you people just have some double standards, you can't be the only one allowed to have their cake and eat it too.

Edit. For all future response that I respond to regarding how it's balanced blah blah blah because of blah blah blah, I direct you to the second paragraph and down because I'm getting tired of dealing with people saying this or that when I've already proven to you why it's not balanced and how some weapons are getting changed while some [L-PPA or Rocketpods] are slipping through the cracks, they are not the only ones I just used L-PPA as my prime example.
  12. Crayv

Might not being getting many kills but it is chipping away their health, stopping their shields from recovering, and forcing them to move and there is nothing they can do to stop it. At those ranges even Flak would take about 2 full seconds to reach (Skyguard has 400 m/s velocity and I am about 800m away) and it would even be suicidal for an ESF to try and chase me as he would have to fly past friendly AA to even get to me. All it needs is a bit of an increase to CoF to where it can't reliably hit anything at those ranges.
  13. zombielores

Honestly you shouldn't be getting kills at all, it's still possible like the kill board in my OP.

No point in CoF, just make it disappear after 400 meters [Lock-on].
    This doesn't just include L-PPA though, this needs to happen to rocket pods and the likes that can reach beyond their counter range.

We can always turn this around.
    Ravens, Lancer and Vortex, [sorry TR] vs tanks, their getting changed because you can't fight back at that range. Same problem except with Infantry vs tanks.
    Or with Lock-on missles, before the December patch that changed rendering, pilots were b#%&* about invisible infantry from 301+ meters away shooting rockets at them. Same problem different platforms.

Same problem, different platforms, you should always have a chance to fight back if your properly equipped, there should be no double standards.
    • Up x 1