[Vehicle] Real tankers step up. Just say NO to c4-nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by repairtool6, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Winfield

Nopeh. Not going to say no to the nerf.
    • Up x 3
  2. Stormsinger

This idea does have a certain amount of merit - In my opinion, there should really be two flavors of C4 - one for LA's, one for everyone else. Light Assaults should have C4 that does less damage, but can be tossed / armed significantly faster, at the cost of doing less damage (The proposed version, which cannot OHK with two bricks.)

Everyone else that currently gets C4 should keep it as-is.
    • Up x 2
  3. z1967

I have to agree with Alarox on this, C4 just needs to do 50-51% of a tank's health per hit instead of 75-90% of its health. Bricks to kill does not need a nerf.
    • Up x 5
  4. Reclaimer77

No just people who can open their eyes and see how tanks are actually used in this game, not the fantasy that you and others concoct how they "would" be used if they were even stronger.

LMAO yeah, that's stating the obvious. Who wouldn't want huge buffs to the only thing they ever do in game?

Oh and primary AP tankers? Like Elite Eskimo who farmed over 9,000 infantry kills in his tank when HE/HEAT was OP, with 5 times the KPD against infantry as he does against vehicles?
    • Up x 2
  5. FaLI3N

Agreed. Tankers have been asking for this for ages.. they won't listen though.
  6. Dinapuff

At least with so much time spent in his tank then he knows what he is talking about. Can't say the same about you.
    • Up x 1
  7. VonStalin

omg, nerf c4 even more and I am gone. I would probably delete my 100br char with the ps2.
    I have bf3 and bf4 though, so I have where to go..
  8. Reclaimer77

Later you can explain to me how that made sense and proves he's being objective.

Unless you get your boots muddy and experience fighting a tank as infantry, you cannot really speak on tank balancing.
  9. Dinapuff

Later you get to tell me how you've got any less bias than him. Unless you play all vehicles, and have a good outfit then you don't have the perspective needed to speak against another round of tank rebalancing. My only biases are that my experience is purely from an outfit perspective, and that I really like liberators. I really dislike that they nerfed shredder explosive rounds.

---

I have fought tanks as infantry plenty of times, and in much worse conditions than what is live on the servers now. I was playing infantry during the zepher / HE era's, and WASP has since release often placed themselves in situations that leave them outnumbered to prove our mettle and measure the effectiveness of our tools when wielded with superior coordination.

I can tell you that from my perspective - infantry with air control beats tanks with infantry support, and the only times we have ever struggled when going up against the zerg is when faced with people who are just as organized and dedicated as ourselves contesting us on those fronts.

This is evident from the server smashes we've participated in. As infantry.

There was even this period in the game as the harasser was introduced that tanks were useless at everything outside of shelling a base. I tell you with full honesty that tanks and tankers are currently sitting comfortably comfortably at rock bottom. Too fragile to be of use competitively, and the only time they've been useful to us as an outfit is when we have other people contesting the capture points for us, so we can sit back and watch them work while shelling a base and ensuring no enemy vehicles get a flank off to kill our sunderers. As in we'd be camping an enemy vehicle terminal just to make sure that they can't use it.
    • Up x 2
  10. Wobulator

I agree with Alarox; bringing c4 down to 51% of MBT health would be absolutely fine. 49%, however, is too much. Really, c4 is a reminder to not sit and HE farm infantry
  11. Runegrace

Wait, you mean a moderate adjustment? Alarox, that's not how we do balance! We're supposed to double, triple, half, or one-fifth the power of something at a time!
  12. Whatupwidat

Experience does not necessarily mean that your opinion is more valid than someone with less experience.

By that rationale I'm a better driver than Lewis Hamilton as I've been driving 20 years longer than him....
    • Up x 1
  13. Pirbi

Best defense against LA C4 is to play LA a lot. Then when you drive around, just think about how you would attack yourself. I guess I should also tell you to stop short of actually doing it.
  14. Dinapuff

That's not my point. At least Eskimo can point to his use of the vehicle and refer to his experience with the vehicle. The other guy (reclaimer77) just points to a bunch of random tankers zerging a base as the basis of his reality, and has even tried to use Eskimo's stats over a long period of playing the vehicle as a measuring stick for why tanks don't need any changes while failing to realize that HE and HEAT have both been subjected to nerfs since that time.
    • Up x 2
  15. zu2

I don't know if I'm a real tanker by your definition, but I am number two in the world with prowler he kills (over 52k) and I say c-4 should not be nerfed. Having killed plenty of tanks with c-4/LA and knowing how difficult it can often be to get to a tank through all the crap you have to wade through, any LA or any other infantry that takes the time/effort to get to me deserves the kill. Again, except for Boursk. :)
    • Up x 4
  16. CapEnTrade

Only noobs want the c4 nerf.
    Freaking real-tankers would never stoop so low!
    • Up x 5
  17. Demigan

I'm against nerfing C4 on tanks.
  18. Bloodlet

Apparently I am out of the loop, where are the C-4 and vehicle and AV weapon changes being announced/discussed?
  19. EliteEskimo

You're basically just talking out of your *** at this point This was my on my killboard from 2 nights ago, obviously I don't play infantry:rolleyes:

[IMG]

Sorry, but HE/HEAT were not OP before they were nerfed 6 months ago into the garbage state they are now. They were OP at launch sure, but you have rocks in your head if think they were super powerful before the most recent nerf. There is no reason to pull HEAT anymore because it's splash damage is so bad that you actually have better AI defensability with high velocity and high accuracy than you would with the pathetic splash damage and the AV advantages you get are massive with AP. I used HEAT up until it was nerfed into garbage for 2 reasons. 1. It was more versatile than AP for my front lines Sunderer hunting 2. It's harder to direct hit infantry shooting at you with 15 FPS as opposed to the 70 I get now with my new computer.

Secondily I am a primary AP tanker now, I've pulled it 90-95% of the time for basically a straight month since I got my new computer and I don't plan on going back. You need to put away your biases against me and give it a rest, because it's really starting to get old.

Anyhow I believe 2 sticks of C4 should only instagib a full health tank if it is detonated on the rear, it should do directional damage to discourage face rushing infantry with C4. That would make it like every other anti armor weapon outside of tankmines, which are meant to detonate under a tank where it's not as strong anyways so that makes sense. This need infantry have to face rush a tank to place C4 on 2/2 MBT's and want to solo it is pathetic. Most infantry players seem to really want to target tunnel visioned HE/HEAT tankers that are completely oblivious to their surroundings, but then it really shouldn't make a difference if you need to place C4 on the rear of the tank to kill it since they aren't moving and won't shoot back.
  20. BlueSkies

Just give up, the bads need their hands held to not die to AV nests (you know.. a squad or more of people trying to kill you) or C4 faeries (because screw learning how to easily avoid them, we need more HERR DERR Tanks)

Maybe we can at least hope for vehicle deterrence XP/ribbons
    • Up x 3