[Suggestion] Allowing capture of Facilities

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EthanRev6, Jan 22, 2015.

1. EthanRev6

I'm not sure if this or something similar has been posted, but I wanted to get the general feel of allowing the capture of the large territories (Bio Labs, Tech Plants, Amp Stations) even if your faction isn't connected. I realize that how planet side is setup on a grid and for the most part it works, however if a faction is getting dominated it is very difficult to gain any momentum. For players or outfits that use more "guerrilla like / Recon tactics" it would allow them the opportunity of drawing attention from the front lines as well as possibly gaining a new strong hold behind enemy lines. Being how difficult it is to capture those facilities as it is it wouldn't be the easiest thing to do so it wouldn't be completely "unfair" for either side and would make it more realistic as far as war goes.
  2. BULLET010

Before the lattice system that's kinda how the game was. You could 'cap' your way down to the base of choice even if you lost adjoining territory behind you. It was cool, until people started ghost capping bases in lame zerg outfits. Worst players ever. That's why we have the lattice. To 'make' people fight.
    Second, bases don't really mean anything anymore. Even the best players don't care if a base gets capped or not. Watch a few live feeds on twitch. You'll get the jist.