Whats is the Vanu special trait?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eateroftheworld, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Thardus

VS get all the weird, cool, gimmicky stuff, 'cause we're scientists.
  2. ColdSuit

Recently my English class was assigned an evalutory essay on something that we have. Simply put, I don't have a girlfriend and I'm too young for a job so I picked this game. When I described the vanu, I merely described them as a jack of all trades faction. Nothing too special about them. And that's nothing to be upset about because you guys are the wackiest in terms of appearance. Spandex reins supreme with you guys and you all look absolutely FABULOUS. When a Zerg crests the hill, we NC are blinded by the lasers. That's how we lose.
  3. Apples

1: Natural night and amerish/hossin camo, new continent as well will be green so that one too.
    2: Blinding lights to pew into people's faces, sometimes it actually can blind your opponent if not yourself.
    3: Higher velocity weapons for longer ranges and exploding balls of light (lasher.)
    4: Magrider's strafe, Scythe's slightly higher hover ability.
    5: Weird things that pop out the sides of your SMGs that look terrible.
    6: I'm tired so I'll stop there.
  4. BULLET010

Supposed to be better accuracy? Maybe the recoil...idk. But most vets in this game will say they like the Orion the best when playing heavy.
    • Up x 1
  5. BULLET010

Bump.
  6. Vango

That.And showing it with a bright glowing trace whenever they fire a rocket,or a large bright glowing ball from AI weps.

Yes, totally, thx Higby the average ps2 player prefers factions and tools that underperform a lot, otherwise VS would have constant 90%+ pop on every server.

For the VS since i have most xp with em:

1.DPS is balanced across factions for most weps, DPM is lowest on most VS weps.

2.Accuracy is not that great,but ease of control makes the long range inf guns(pulsar c,even SVA 88) and the ES AV options (Lancer and Vortex) very well suited for longer range engagements,so I agree on that.

3.That would be awesome if VS had an MBT, and while I love the magi, despite it being the slowest "MBT" (yup Vanguards are actually faster, they just take half an year to reach cruising speed), having the least DPS, having the most shell drop, having the largest hitbox of any ground vehicle (incl buses), lacking a turret, having to deal with massive mouse acceleration while aiming, having the least effective health and generally being a **** to control they cannot be classified as an MBT, since they are not made to be played as a tank at all.

Overall VS still have the best faction trait ever - you dont know we are there unless we decide to show it,and when we do everyone around and in the surrounding hexes can see the fabulous colors and hear the distinctive sound of glorious vanu master race presence!

EDIT: Lumifiber armor should be default for all vanu soldiers with the secondary teal color.
  7. Outreach

A amazingly large line up of stupid looking helmets that don't even begin to follow the vanu theme or any other theme other than "looking weird".

Guess that's what happens you let a bunch of people based stuff of their head canons and not actual canon. Gotta git dat dosh tho right soe?
  8. Azimaith

1:

DPS over an infinite time is ridiculous. No engagement takes minutes and thus damage per minute is pretty meaningless. If an NC gun does 167 damage, a TR does 143, and a VS does 125, then literally the difference of one shot completely obviates the factional differences. Accuracy is king when it comes to determining damage. On additional hit at 125 covers the damage gap between NC and VS for 2.9 shots. In essence if your weapon is more accurate due to lower CoF bloom, lack of bullet drop, or lesser recoil gets you one additional hit you do more damage and kill faster.

2:
    Accuracy is all about getting shots on target. Whatever increases your chance of hitting, such as no drop, low CoF, low recoil, or fast projectile speed makes you more accurate.

3: Vanguard moves 56kph no mods, max speed. Magrider tops out a an awful 50kph. They don't have the least effective health however. They match resistance with the prowler. Magrider's a bad tank unless its got a top gun and generally it wants to engage other tanks at long ranges where strafe is more meaningful. Considering how battles seem to getting closer and closer from the already close in ones...

In essence VS faction traits are lack of bullet drop for many weapons (which is very important as it allows players to fit suppressors which hide your radar signature with fewer problems, remove a lot of the penalties of SPA, and overall just extends the reach of all their smaller guns) and in many cases, a faster reload time. Its also a few unusual weapon systems like lasher/lancer. In essence, VS is about unusual stuff from many different things.

All the faction traits are pretty dilute truthfully and many are meaningless or detrimental. This is further compounded by many weapons completely shucking their faction trait in different empires. Lots of NC weapons have "high damage" but longer TTK which renders the entire point of the "high damage" obsolete. Lots of TR weapons have a high rate of fire but the poor CoF and recoil renders the RoF a deteriment. Lots of VS weapons have no bullet drop/fast reload but don't have the bullet velocity/min damage to be meaningful.

In short, classifying weapons by their empire trait is pretty much pointless. THe only things I'd say are consistent are.
    1: If it uses more ammunition, beneficial or not, its probably TR.
    2: If it is a *@*# shotgun where a shotgun shouldn't be, its probably NC.
    3: If it does something weird and is hampered by an annoying charge. Its probably vanu.
  9. Regpuppy

None of the factions truly have anything special, for the majority of their arsenal. The NC has one (two AR's) 200 damage for every category, TR has a 125 category, and VS has few gimmicky/unique specialty weapons. Other than that, we're all pretty much using tweaked copies of each others' guns. When we get into the areas that DO have significant differences from each other. NC tends to get shotguns, TR tends to get something that feels fairly generic, and VS gets something that's either decent or extremely gimmicky.The only bonus any faction can have here is a more flexible selection within a weapon type.

Seriously, from the NC perspective our faction weapons are getting to an almost hilarious level of "raaargh nuh shotguns!" I'm just waiting for the shotgun rocket launcher and tank main cannon.

-shotgun tank secondary
    -shotgun on ESF
    -shotgun heavy assault weapon
    -shotgun pistol
    -shotgun sniper [I'm not joking, this almost happened]
    -underbarrel shotgun on auraxium shotgun [dev self-parody moment]
    • Up x 1
  10. The Funk

"Movement Meta"
    • Up x 1
  11. Mefi

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...balance_suggestionmore_faction_flavor/cno2ryh (btw, Higby also said what is TR trait).

I used to think that VS is meh faction after release since it was simply "discoball" faction with such "fun and useful" weapons as Lasher. PPA, Comet.
    Lasher was used by 1-3 people in 96vs96 fight.
    Nobody used Comet, and PPA was considered as worthless option for both ESF and MBT.
    Scythe could use Rocketpods as AI and Rotary as AI/A2A.
    Magrider could use Saron for AI/AV (it was Halberd clone) effectively enough. MBT PPA had extremely low AV damage, very few people used it for almost exclusively for spawncamping (and it had 75 orbs per reload, neverending stream of AOE).

Then they added Lancer with extremely annoying charge mechanic but ultra-high speed projectile and incredibly long effective range. And now we have heat mechanic for few guns (directive AR/Carbine/LMG and 1000 cert sniper rifle) and about to get it for g2g PPA and Saron.

I think, VS have fine amount of unique things even though it oftenly feels like... these unique things are too niche (i.e. Lasher)/inaccessible (heat mechanic)/leave underwhelming feeling (Phaseshift).
  12. Xasapis

Thanks for the laugh :p

Oh, do you actually believe that? :confused:
  13. Azimaith

Honestly while the no bullet drop is super nice for me on carbines/slug shotties, If I'd have to take only one empires guns, give me TR.
  14. Mefi

Slug shotties don't have no-drop trait, as for other guns... Imho, it stands out for Battle Rifles, SA sniper/scout rifles (including Phaseshift).
  15. SanPelicano

Being overnerfed all the time is also an important faction trait.
  16. Mythologicus

Except they nerfed the butts when they changed the camo coverage.

Depends on camo I guess, but overall they definitely nerfed the butts.
  17. FLHuk

I see this in yell so much I only see it as a VS trait - "We're more organised and have a higher number of high skilled players"
  18. Xasapis

Server specific yells don't count.
  19. mer1c

The VS only has no bullet drop on battle rifles (there's only one I think) and shotguns (it doesn't matter here) as well as on some vehicle weapons (PPA, Saron). That's about it. Except for that vanu has the same bullet drop on all weapons the other two factions have.

Global no bullet drop is a myth.

I'd say vanu's trait is energy weapons. But it's purely visual so if we break it down there's no special trait except for the fancy look (spandex, yay!).

Funny though that vanu has more of a trebuchet than a battle tank given the fact everyone thinks VS has no bullet drop ;)
  20. Tykune

TR don't have one. Only NC and VS have faction traits and they also have all the good guns and cool abilities. TR gets nerfed more than the other two factions and Higby clearly hates them.

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.