Cheeky message for infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dunkarooo, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Risky Boots

talk trash get smashed, duckie

• Up x 1
  2. Dunkarooo

the reason this is irrelevant (not trying to be an *** here) is that the ones that I don't see are just running somewhere trying to do something that likely will not alter the course of a battle... you know kindof what most of inf playtime is... the reason I know this is I haven't been killed by a cloaked inf(technically inf coming out of cloak) in a very long time. When I was low br and played heavy assault a lot with lmg and stood still a lot occasionally a smg inf would come behind me and kill me. So I think some infs literally run around looking for afk or tunnel vision people to prey upon. Which I'm fine with because I despise bad players on my team more than I despise enemy players who actually have half a brain.

It's basically learning how to play infiltrator. It's the same for any class. If you're heavy use shield. If you're light assault learn how to be fast and tricky. Etc. I'm not trying to single out one class as the worst it's just it's more obvious when someone dies in a dumb looking way like getting stomped while they stand around cloaked or shot as they run across a field thinking they are invisible. You don't notice when a heavy forgets to shield or a light assault doesn't use jetpack or c4. When an inf is bad it's painful to watch.
  3. Hoki

PSA: Yeah we know.
    [IMG]
  4. radrussian2

no dude. no one sees us. play infy, youll "See".
  5. volth

Im ok with that other players see me when I running, but when im deep cloaking and im still visible its starts to be annoying. Only way to see a infiltrator when standing still and cloaking should be with darkflashlights and only other infiltrators should have darkflashlights.
    Or they should do so we was able to use our mainweapon when stalkercloak or that we was able to shoot from cloak.
  6. VargTwo

Being able to shoot from cloak would be amazing, my thought around balance would be to make it so if you fire from cloak without decloaking first you will either drain all your energy, or have a longer time before cloak can be activated again.

This just gives you more of a chance should you run around a corner cloaked only to stand face to face with a HA.
  7. CuteBeaver

Check out this adorable little nooblet.

• Up x 1
  8. Mr Ixolate

Some pretty obvious points here though; even if you are deep cloaked people will see where you last were and try and take you out. That and even when deep cloaked if the line of sight of a counter sniper puts you in front of one of those huge lit up base signs they will get a nice little silhouette to shoot at.

That said I'm new here and I'm only slightly better off than that poor guy up there.
  9. Dunkarooo

It's not obvious enough though. Or else I wouldn't see infiltrators completely failing in almost every kind of circumstance.
  10. Dunkarooo

who is we? are you the spokesperson for PS2 players incorporated. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't see a bunch of nonsense going on daily. Also, this women has to be the most annoying looking woman I've seen all day.
  11. MrForz

Hardly. And if you're actually looking for something useful in here: What's the reason for this thread in the very beginning? Helping out? Handing advices? Why are you announcing that you're above the lowly section of the infiltrator playerbase then? Will your message change the fate of all infiltrator players?
  12. Dunkarooo

Well you had four guesses and if I had to choose between any of the 4 I would choose "handing advices" That's what I was trying to do.
  13. Moonheart

The problem is the same with every cloaking class in every MMOG: Other people only see a part of what cloakers do, when they are detectable, and judge from it.

If cloaker kills as soon they become visible, everyone say they are OP, even if for each kill, they die a hundred times while hidden.
    If a cloaker perform some action that make them sometimes detectable, every will think it's stupid, even if it works 10 times out of 1.

You cannot judge, nor advice, a class that you can see act only 5% of its playtime. And belive people who have more than 10 days of experience on it: a stalker have much more chances to survive by freezing straight when encountering someone by pure bad luck when moving, than trying to run away or retaliate. We have no defense and no firepower.

There is only one case you can expect to flee and survive it without freeing and crossing finger: when you are just by a corner, so two single step will break the line of sight of the enemy. Then you drop a mine while running, so he can't chase you at full speed.
    But it requiers to be on an ideal ground.

Many inf players are trying to convaince SOE that they should be able to shoot straight from cloaked state. That's what every other MMOG do, after all: pressing the trigger both fire, and disable the stealth mode at the same time.
    It could help us to have a little chance to survive by reliating, where actualy, it's almost impossible because you have for the server to aknowledge your uncloaking order first to be allowed to start fire. By that time, any primary weapon already killed you almost 2 times in the hand of someone with a good aim.

But you know... we have very little support on it from the other players. They prefer to think that our class has the lowest SPM of all just because all infiltrators are too stupid to use their tools well.
  14. Scatterblak

Not trying to be an a** here either, but this logic doesn't work either -- the ones you don't see are also the ones that you simply don't have any data on at all. For myself, I don't have any problem getting past just about anyone, at least once or twice, but I don't depend solely on my invis. I know how much more limited your peripheral vision is compared to reality - I can be right beside you at a 90 degree angle and you won't see me at all. I can wait for you to turn, to look down your scope, I can throw a gren someplace and wait for you to check it. I've got more than a few kills by jumping off my flash on approach, and watching the bonehead player turn and follow it (and even start shooting it). The best bit is when I've got a friend working with me - the player scope of vision simply won't allow you to see two other players that are engaging you if the angle is great enough.

Granted, from what you're writing, you'd be tougher to get past than most, because you know what to look for. Thinking that none of us get past you, though - that's something you logically can't prove.