NC equivalent to Ursa/TMG-50?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Dualice, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Dualice

I rarely play HA, but recently got the TMG-50 and had a blast with it. Also had a go on the Vanu's Ursa too which was pretty cool (still prefer TR though :p). Now I've come over all 167 I'm thinking of hopping over to my NC account to see what they have to offer in the high-velocity, high-accuracy, mid fire rate/damage LMG department. The mid-long range option(s), basically.

My knowledge of the NC arsenal (geddit? Like the Amerish facility) is somewhat lesser than the other two factions, so could someone point me in the right direction? On paper the EM6 looks quite similar, though with higher fire rate and lower muzzle velocity. I've used the Gauss SAW a bit, which is kinda fun but not really what I'm after.
  2. Erendil

Short answer: Anything but the EM1. Unlike TR/VS LMGs, all NC LMGs are high-accuracy medium/long range weapons.

Long answer. The NC weapon closest to the TMG-50 in stats, feel and performance would be the SAW S. Not many people seem to use it though, probably because the Anchor and EM6 are just about as accurate but kill slightly faster due to their higher ROF.

There really isn't an NC LMG quite like the Urse, but if I had to choose one it'd be the GD-22S since that's their low recoil, easy-to-handle LMG.

TBH your best bet is to probably go to VR and try them out for yourself to find which one feels best in your hands since they all (sans the EM1) perform so similarly.

Here are the stats of all 167-damage LMGs for your perusal:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...10m&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
    • Up x 1
  3. OddChelsea

The Gauss Saw S is almost the same gun as the TMG-50. Flare, Saw S and TMG are pretty much the same gun with minor differences.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dualice

Thanks for the extensive reply! I'll fire up VR a bit later and see what they all feel like. Had not considered the Gauss SAW S at all.

Oh and nice one for linking that spreadsheet, I can never seem to find it myself!
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

GD-22s.

It has the DPS of the TMG-50/Flare with better accuracy stats than the Ursa.
  6. asdfPanda

GD-22s or Gauss SAW S.
  7. NCstandsforNukaCola

As for mid-long range role, strictly SAW is. However as Erendil said, most of NC LMGs are good for mid-long range combat which is why some NC heavies start to use Cyclone.
  8. DoctorXqY

I got the em1 because it was cheap, and the best thing, I figured, to get 160 kills with to get LMGs expert directive.

**** this thing. The EM1 sucks. The em1 sucks so bad.
  9. Reclaimer77

Why would you want an LMG like the Ursa lol? It's a horrible LMG! An LMG that only shines at Battle Rifle ranges...where it gets outclassed by them anyway.
  10. JonboyX

EM6.
    Oh, and the EM6.
    The EM6 is also good.

Actually; NC are blessed with LMGs I think. I'm not a fan of the EM1, but others can make it work. If I had to point at the one that I really couldn't get on with, it'd be the standard SAW... but maybe I'll give it another go because I'm desperate to find out why other empires hate playing against it so much. Anchor and GD are a bit more close range I'd say (though still good), but that's just personal experience. SAW S is also meant to be pretty good, but I've not used that yet.
  11. Planeswalker

TMG-50 high accuracy? You must be thinking of the MSW-R
    • Up x 1
  12. Kociboss

Closes would be Gauss-S I guess. Or EM6.
  13. Reclaimer77

And I'm desperate to find out how such a marvelous killing machine can go unappreciated by so many.
  14. Dualice

Its stationary ADS accuracy is higher than most other TR LMGs, if I remember rightly.

I mentioned it because it's in the same class as the TMG-50. Like I say I prefer the latter :) As for battle rifles outclassing something other than a BB gun... that'll be the day :p

(edit - they're actually not as bad as I remember them)
  15. JonboyX

Well, I can only speak for 1 (me): I think other LMGs offer similar if not better DPS, and are easier to land a greater number of shots both with short bursts and full auto. I dislike how fast the recoil kick / "bloom" take you off a target, and tracking target with semi and full auto is a lot easier with other guns. I haven't mastered the two/three shot burst / tap fire combo that I feel would get me the most out of the SAW, which is why I favour other guns that I find more forgiving to use.

There you go. I know you were aiming for sarcasm, but I've opted instead for a positive contribution to the thread.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dualice

On the subject of the SAW, the biggest thing for me is compensating for that huge vertical kick after the first round of a burst leaves the barrel. I'm getting a little better each time I use it though, and am actually having quite a lot of fun. Managed to win some mid-long range duels with light assaults and their Pulsar Cs yesterday, so things are looking up.

The Cyclone and the default Gauss Rifle for the medic are my favourite NC weapons so far.
  17. Flag

Or just say "Gaus SAW"?
  18. Jedesis

19. Pikachu

A tr who likes tmg50? :eek: Not saying its a downgraded gd22s?
  20. Dualice