Allowing all infantry weapons at a price ( I WANT ORION)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jackmac2661, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Auzor

1) Dat 0.75x movement multiplier. Yes, it is wonderfull to have.
    2) Working on the Flare auraxium. Yeah.. I'll take the GD-22S any day. Or say.. the TMG-50.

3) Ursa vs Anchor. Ursa advantages:
    -no angular recoil/recoil bias direction.
    -1.5x FSRM vs 2x FSRM
    -lower vertical recoil (barely..); but option of a compensator. add to that lower FSRM aand..controllability
    -+40m/s velocity.
    I won't mention HVA here; it's an option but .. eh.

IMO, Ursa could use:
    0.35 ADS movement accuracy. "mobile" fire support, VS has magrider etc as theme; ZOE is mobile, ..
    -Anchor muzzle velocity nerf (to be more the "CQC" LMG)

Another option: make the Flare more "Vanu": 40 rounds magazine, fast reload etc; to be more different from the Ursa.

4) LSW is superior for putting a suppresor on, since the base recoil is lower and.. that's it. But everyone uses the SVA-88 so..
    -CARV-S all about the attachments:
    vertical recoil 0.42 vs 0.335.. so that'll be one compensator for the barrel, stat.
    rail slot: 0.2 horizontal recoil vs 0.2-0.2119. Yep, forward grip it is! (for both..)
    For some reason, the Pulsar has angled recoil and a 2.45 FSRM... pretty much ruining the weapon.
    (SVA-88 FSRM: 1.75.. switch em around)
  2. McMan

Orion should be renamed to "balls" so now when someone posts a threat "I want Orion", "Why dont TR have orion" or "Orion is OP" it will clearly show that the OP is a crying baby that has no balls to play with the "underdog"weapons his faction has. Just a suggestion...
    • Up x 1
  3. battlegoose

And yet you guys are asking to BUY it for like 10,000 certs? Why buy it for 10,000 certs when the NS-15M is 1,000 certs?

...Logic!
  4. Krayus_Korianis

I'm not asking to buy it. I'm just pointing that out.
  5. battlegoose

Your post doesn't belong then because it has nothing to do with the argument the OP poses.

The Orion is really overrated, just because the VS get it, doesn't mean it's that good.

The REAL OP thing the VS get is the 1x and 2x holo sights which are just a floating marker, with no frame. Those things are the only reason I play VS. If the NC had them, I would go play with the Anchor all day long because it's significantly easier to get headshots with.
  6. Krayus_Korianis

Aren't you just full of anger.

I pointed out that it's a starter weapon for the VS HA, therin lies the problem. It has a default .75 ADS movement modifier. Change it to what the TR/NC have and then the whining will go away. But I bet you don't want your little precious to have that, do you.
  7. battlegoose

And I said, the 0.75 ADS isn't actually even good. People THINK it is because the netcode in this game is horrible and they don't know what is actually going on or what to blame (when the majority of the time, they died because of lag).

I said if you think it's that amazing, go get the NS-15M and use it for 1000 kills. You'll realize that the ADS movement crap is nothing more than a scapegoat to not understanding why you didn't get the kill. Trust me I have only used the SMG's, Betelgeuse, and NS-15M2 for the past 5 months on my HA and I can honestly tell you, that moving left and right when you are firing makes you miss a CRAPLOAD more than you'd think it would (unless you're within 8 meters at which point you should probably just hip fire instead because you move the fastest that way).
  8. FieldMarshall

I dont really mind orion. Its a VS trait LMG.

VS has 75ads LMGs.
    NC has 200dmg LMG.
    TR has ???
  9. Ragnarox

Another stupid thread from TR player. If you want Orion go play VS if you like 0.75 go buy NS weapons. You guys are really annoying and going on my nerves.
  10. JonboyX

I didn't think the OP's post deserved the tirade that followed.

Personally; I'd prefer some weapons to remain empire specific, but I'm not opposed to the idea of 'renting' opposition guns. e.g. a boost you could buy with SC, or certs, or even via achievements or ribbons maybe.. that lets you pull them for a finite period.

As (s)he points out... he's "100% 'd" the game a long time ago, and wants to mix it up a bit while playing with his team. After all ... that's what keeps most of us playing.

I think it'd be confusing at first hearing 'friendly' guns and then running in to an enemy player, but not really different from running in to a VS in giraffe camo used to be... you soon learn to adapt.
  11. KronosIce

10k certs? that'd probably take you another 2000 hours to make..
  12. ElastaPlast

Is that:
    D - Move right
    A - Move left
    K - Kill
    A - Move left? ;)
  13. Krayus_Korianis

Like I stated before... The problem is that it's a STARTER weapon. Not one you have to buy.

Trust me, I don't want the Orion and I have 2 VS characters. But if you want to get out of these whine threads about the .75 ADS movement modifier, then the VS has to relinquish it or move it to a weapon that you have to buy.

I'd also love to state that the movement modifier coupled with the way that Netcode is done in this game, makes it powerful to NOT be shot at by anyone unless it's a turkey shoot.

I'm also done going back and forth with your denial.
  14. Kociboss

0.75 with overshield - faster than 0.5 with overshield.

Also, do you srsly ADAD with your overshield turned on 24/7? ROFL.
  15. Huishe

Yes of course. Even if SC only.
  16. Outreach

Just give them .75% movespeed lmg's already so they can shut the **** up. This **** is beyond old now. And with TR history being a indication, they aren't going to shut the **** up until they get it...at which point they'll move on to whining about how it isn't flat out better.
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

Why does everyone want the Orion when the Anchor is better?
  18. Krayus_Korianis

No, don't give it, remove it. THEN and only THEN will these threads cease to exist. Make the VS HA "STARTER" LMG go in line with the other starter LMG's on movement modifier while ADS.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

I'm fine with making the starting VS LMG the Pulsar LSW and then the Orion gets to be a 500 cert unlock... but since it's an unlock it gets access to either a compensator or SPA since that's only fair.

e: Also, you'd probably have more luck killing VS heavies anything if your average accuracy wasn't 11.5%.

e2: And before you blame TR's guns, my average accuracy on my TR alt is over twice yours... and I'm hardly an MLG player.
  20. Juunro

Well, probably because the TR doesn't have the Anchor.

But no, I'd rather if the Orion is the default VS LMG and is designed for CQC, the default NC and TR ones should probably be the GD-22s and the MSW-R respectively, so everyone is on equal footing at the start. I mean, heavies are straight up for rushing points, that is their description in the tutorials, that is what they are clearly for with their abilities. So, why are we giving only 1 of 3 a default close quarters weapon? This is probably why most of the whines about the Orion being OP are a thing.

That and the game has terrible netcode; clientside hit detection is stupid and dramatically increases the effectiveness of .75 ADS.
    • Up x 1