Scythe-lite a.k.a The Magrider

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tetholin, Jan 13, 2015.

1. stalkish

errrr, i wasnt comparing, you were.
    And you said....let me quote it:
    In red you can see why ive now given you the daily kills per MBT.
    Ive no interest in a slaggin match, i dont believe any MBT is underpowered, i was simply showing you that the mag does not score lowest in kills. Kills was all you stated not KPH.

VS seem to have this permanent victimised mentality, not sure why, they certainly dont perform any worse globally.
  2. stalkish

I had a look at the KPH anyways for you.
    No change in order:
    1. Prowler - 310 KPH
    2. Mag - 303 KPH
    3. Van - 296 KPH
    Kinda supports my assumption that non of the 3 mbts are underpowered.

This is the KPH that Oracle gives me, if there is some other calculation youll have to do it since i cant be arsed to be quite frank.
  3. Moonheart

Fine, that's not a problem to me to say that none of the 3 MBT are not underpowered.
    No need to quibble about it for pages, really.

The main point of my first answer was just to point out that the two others have as much advantages as the mag... just different ones. So make a thread to whine about its mobility is slightly pointless.
  4. LordTankT9

Is this MBT vs MBT stats? Because yes Prowler is best as infantry grinder. But it's useless in any other role, I would rather preform mobile deplorable Mortal carrier, because Prowler deceives everyone by performing mortal/artillery duty not an actual MBT.

Edit:
    Never forget:

Vanu always protected their Plane-Tank, ever since CBT, damn thing even chased ESF for a long time before it got fixed. So YES, I don't believe any word from purple people.

Damn thing still posses most valuable real life traits to be efficient on the Battlefield: mobility and slim profile.

I say redesign it, give it a turret with a laser gun and let it strafe mildly. Mag Mk.II.
  5. stalkish

That was not the discussion, the discussion was kills, just plain old simple kills, kills kill kills.
    Sorry but i in no way want this discussion, i wasnt giving evidence of balance or inbalance or anything of the sort, i was told that the mag gets the least kills, i showed this to be false, i did give my general opinion on MBT balance but the stats wernt supposed to support it, sorry if i gave that impression.

Just to tickle your interest:
    VKPH - averaged accross both primary and secondary weapons:
    1. Mag - 7
    2. Van - 6
    3. Prowler - 5
    They all score 3 for AKPH.

Stats taken as at 14-Jan-2015 off of oracle.

EDIT: Not sure now if they are monthly or daily stats, the site says they are both :confused:
  6. stalkish

I dont think it is far beyond the realms of what is expected, for people to not just spew random info that other randoms will follow.
    If you class having correct info in a thread as quibble than i dont know what to say, i wasnt quibbling just wanted people reading the thread to have a clear and correct understanding, not a false biasedly skewed one.

I agree with you tho, i dont consider the mag to have OP maneuvering, its strong in that aspect just as much as its weak in armour and firepower.
  7. Moonheart

This is quibble because it does't change the main point I was trying to bring.
    While what you're saying is not wrong at all (or even completly true), 5 answers to argue on a secondary point that doesn't change where my main point was leading is a bit... too much?

Don't misunderstand me, this is good info, but this is slightly out of the main topic of the thread.
  8. Flag

That's been the ranking of the 3 MBTs almost always.
  9. stalkish

Sorry but your just creating an argument now, the simple fact is this.
    1. You said the mag gets least kills
    2. I showed it was incorrect - This is where it should have stopped, but you then said
    3. Try looking at KPH not just kills. (i assume this was to try and save face, much like your doing now)
    4. I showed that the KPH doesnt change the order of things
    5. You then accuse me of quibbling, to which i said i wasnt.
    So realy your just as much guilty of quibbling on for pages as i am, infact you instigated this whole discussion and are now telling me thats its off topic.

Im done here, respond, dont respond, im done, cba.
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

common knowledge...

Vanguard has defense,
    Prowler has damage,
    magrider has mobility.
  11. Outreach

The title of this thread is sorta funny when you consider lorewise that the scythe is based off the magrider and not the other way around. The scythe is literally a magrider with all the armor and extra stuff stripped off and wings added.
    • Up x 1
  12. Moonheart

1. I made a post aiming to show that mobility doesn't matter much compared to statistical efficiency
    2. You started an argument about an assessment that the Mag was doing less kills, that I didn't care much, but answered politely with an honest point of view
    3. You emphased your point wich multiple answers
    4. I said you were true, but I said it doesn't change a thing about my main point
    5. You got mad, thrown an assassinating answer before you leave before and angry kid

Pointless.
  13. TriumphantJelly

They look boss not to mate but to attract attention and catch SOEs eyes so as to push balance changes.

And yeah, I bet it's pretty fun. :p