Incredibly disappointed in the Shuriken -- No Silencer!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by blzbug, Jan 12, 2015.

1. blzbug

Killed thousands of dudes to aurax the various SMGs and finally got the Shuriken last night. Slapped on a 2x reflex. Clicked "barrel" to put on my trusty silencer... Uhhhh.... Why is the "barrel" button greyed out? Then I come to the painful realization that the fancy directive reward weapon can't even equip A FREAKING SILENCER!!! Come onnnnnn maaaannnnn! What a cruel, horrid joke :mad: Why the F would they not give you this option? I knew the thing was basically an Armistice with built-in extended mag (fine) and laser sight (fine). But no silencer option?
    :mad:
    So pissed off right now.
    Obviously this is not new information to some of you. My disappointment is partly my fault for lack of research.
    But still....I say again....
    Thanks for the "reward" SOE. And by "reward", I mean a kick in the nuts.
  2. Skiptrace

Why would you run a silencer on an SMG anyways (unless it's the MKV Suppressed)? Your lowering the already low damage...
    • Up x 1
  3. blzbug

First, a silencer doesn't lower the damage, it lowers the velocity. Farther targets are a little harder to hit. Damage ranges are unchanged.
    Here is what you look like on radar when you are picking people off from the flank with your silenced SMG:

Here is what you look like with an UNsilenced SMG:

That's why :) If you're in with a bunch of friendlies, silencer doesn't help you. The radar is already full of dots. If you are behind or flanking, not showing up as an angry red dot is very valuable. I run silencer on all my inf and LA weapons. YMMV

While we're talking flanks, that is another big benefit of the NS weapons. White tracers! I especially like finding a spot behind the enemies approach and back-whacking them at medium range. PDW is great for this because of its range, but also its generic tracers. They draw so much less attention than colored.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

Uhm, no. For SMGs, Suppressor reduces maximum damage range by 3m, and minimum damage range by 10m.
    • Up x 3
  5. PanzerGoddess

lol iridar is current. And using a suppressor has its places. If your a lone survivor or solo infy in a base, last thing you want is everyone to hear you. Suppressor can make for a good surprise, and close range, mkv, art can make quick work on any lazy enemy or the unsuspected, even with a silencer on.

I agree though...be nice to have some options for the Shuriken. I run most my SMG's without a silencer but just having the option to use it is nice.
  6. Kociboss

TR auraxium weapons are generally dissapointing and boring.
    • Up x 1
  7. Agiond

That's what happens when you join the dark side... i mean... TR
  8. Kociboss

To be fair, NC auraxium weapons are also boring.

Only the VS heat mechanic brings a breeze of fresh air.
  9. Iridar51

We still got the sweetest deal on TRAC-Shot. Worth it, IMO. (sure an LA would say that :p
    • Up x 1
  10. MarkAntony

I never run silencers these days. The upside of not showing up on rader and the lowered sound (sometimes it's nopt that low) is hardly worth the less bullet velocity and inferior damage (damage drops off quicker iirc)

Not even on SMGs but NEVER as an LA. As an LA I want to get all the range I can get.
  11. I_am_the_kiwi

I got the auraxium directive as well, i also did not realize it couldn't be equipped with various attachments. All that being said i love the gun, its a little rough around the edges but it serves me well. I also always run Sensor Shield implant, does anyone know if that blocks out your dot while firing with an non suppressed weapon?

Good Luck

Kiwi.

P.S. i tried the AF- cyclone i love it!
  12. Kociboss

Ah, that's the one I don't have.
  13. Iridar51

It's amazing. TRAC 5 with laser is already pretty good. TRAC 5 with laser AND SPA? Borderline OP. TRAC 5 with all that AND a free UB shotgun on top? Nerf me plz, game is too easy!
  14. Agiond

Does the NC have anything close to that? So i can set proper goals :p
  15. Iridar51

Fortuna, which has the same attachments and is almost as good as TRAC 5. It's a tradeoff, really. TRAC Shot is better for close quarters due to above average DPS and high RoF, while Fortuna is a bit more general purpose with some CQC attachments. It's still very, very good, and has longer effective range, just a bit less effective in CQC than TRAC Shot.
  16. Agiond

TRAC-Shot seems more of a beast than the Fortuna (on paper, at least. Don't have any of them to test). CQC atachments on a CQC weapon vs CQC atachments on a midrange weapon, not so sure.
    Guess we'll have to rely on the GD-7F with no fancy camo :( Sad times
  17. Kociboss

Yeah I've heard good things about it.

Let me tell you though - Butcher is dissapointing, Unity boring and Shurriken...Well...It's alright but again, bland.
  18. Mustarde

I agree that the TRAC shot is a joy to use, although I am more of a 30-50m ADS type of LA so I keep coming back to the T5AMC or NS11-C. But definitely some fun times to be had if you want to get a bit closer to the action with a caribine.

Back on topic, the Shurriken is a disappointment to me only in that the horizontal recoil is still terrible and the SMG is designed to be ADS. It's a good SMG, but it doesn't really open any doors that the Armistice didn't already create for you.

Personally I suppress the Armistice and keep it close range. I don't suppress the Eridani because it has a longer minimum damage range and reducing that would be criminal. I'm not sure suppressors are very valuable anymore, with darts, motion spotters and spotter/awareness implants. I might stop putting it on the Armistice... hmmm
  19. moriarrr-ceres

Sorry but the VS version "the scorpios" don't have this mechanic. We are in the same boat with SMG's (but also my smg is fluo pink....) extended mag,no silencer.
  20. PanzerGoddess

I still use suppressors. Im not always in heavy zones so its good to use. Typically alone so its good to have, even if the enemy has darts and motion sensors. doesn't take a genius to move around or outside any detention range. Specially if Im alone in a base trolling the enemy or causing an annoyance ahead of a large force. I use hunter cloak so staying in one spot usually is a bad idea, so always on the move, changing positions, etc etc. So at times the suppressor is great. Good uses as well for potting and moving the enemy where you want, using a scout with a suppressor, hitting an enemy will always get their attention. Great use of putting yourself where you need to be and moving the enemy where you want him to be.