Higby on twitter: epic buffs coming!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Jan 12, 2015.

1. NoctD

Gee you sure made him look real GOOD! ;)
  2. Alox

This is good news!

Lets hope for more buf tweakings rather than over the top nerfs. Much more fun to pull out an old gun that has just been buffed to see how it works now, than having one nerf after the other.

If TTK gets too fast do a blanket adjustment, equal for all.

Then continue the cycle by buffing the weakest. Much more fun.
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

This thread derailed into a big mass of ********. Many players should feel ashamed as it's once again becoming another "buff my favourite weapon coz it's useless, nerf the rest coz it's Op".

Devs should focus on those items that are undeniably underperforming instead of touching again weapons that have already been tweaked many times.

Battle Rifles suck, the Valkyrie is still a cert pinata, burst rifles are worse than automatic weapons and still people want to change ES secondary guns.
    This is crazy.
  4. z1967

5. patrykK1028

Can I get Civ 5 Final Frontier? :D
  6. sL360

I can't wait for when he starts to use fractures. Or get more than 20 kills on the butcher. Or more than 8 kills on the striker. Or any kills with TR max's AI weapons...

Ah, who am I kidding. We're stuck like this forever.
  7. sindz

Here is to hoping they get around to fixing the 143dmg/698 ROF pleathora of snooze fest & simply inferior VS weaponry, since they dont have the dmg compared to 167/600 or 143/750 NC and TR equivalents nor do they have extra accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  8. Wargrade

Higby really likes NC.
  9. HadesR

Couple more :)

Matthew Higby@mhigby 1h1 hour ago
    @xalorn yep, got some deployable turret changes coming longer term... spoilers: going to be ammo limiting them & opening up to use by squad

Lots of "What about ____" after I tweeted some of the balance tweaks yesterday - all in good time. MBT abilities & MAXes next, then Valk.

[AC] Visigodo@Oprahphobia 31m31 minutes ago
    @mhigby I'm really curious what's in store for MAXes. Charge nerf? unrevivable? pls

Matthew Higby@mhigby 29m29 minutes ago
    @Oprahphobia smaller tweaks at least at first, ammo capacity adjustments, some gen 1 & gen 2 AV balancing, ES ability tweaks (buffs)
    • Up x 1
  10. ronjahn

All these buffs and nerfs and I think we all forget that MBTs haven't had a new weapon system since release. Just a constant change of mechanics and stats. Would be nice if people would just accept that some weapons aren't going to be perfect and dropped it so they can instead focus on making new weapons instead of trying to achieve a perfect balance with the same jazz we have been playing with for 2 years.
  11. braytz

interesting :cool:.
  12. Slamz

Thank goodness they're buffing the Saron. You know the other day I saw a Vanu vehicle using something that wasn't a Saron? This calls for immediate developer action!
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

Well yeah, I mean the Saron is a better AI weapon than the PPA right now.
  14. Slamz

You realize you're talking to the team whose alternate to the Vulcan is the Marauder.

THE MARAUDER.

it's okay, you've probably never heard of it. it's the TR weapon for hipsters who want to shoot at you ironically.
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

Technically the alternative to the Vulcan or any other ESAV vehicle mounted weapon is the Halberd.

And yes, I have heard of the Marauder. It's basically a double barrel Fury and aside from it's arc which takes time to adjust to completely owns.
  16. sindz

The best ES AI secondary in the game by a huge margin? Yes I heard about it, if TR would stop crying and actually try to use their weapons they would discover that most of what they got is OP.

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kph&weapon1=6124&weapon2=6125&weapon3=6122

And with the upcoming buff its gonna break the game, once again - see the old marauder already did this.
    • Up x 5
  17. NoctD

At least MBT secondaries have been touched/revamped! :p

If you want to see really sad and ignored - its the Lightning. Nothing has been added to change the Lightning, heck, we don't even get cosmetic armor plating bling that MBTs got. :(

P/S - I think SOE must like the Harasser quite a bit, it has a ton of cosmetic options, and it must be a pretty good money generating vehicle for them. So I suspect we have to get used that Harassers will see comparable power levels to tanks. I'd bet ya they're doing the Saron/Enforcer changes, etc cause the Harasser variants will get these too.
  18. Auzor

Didn't Smedley introduce OMFG 2?
    Prioritizing performance, resource revamp stuff, all that..

Oh, and uh.. still no mouseyaw.
    Priorities and all that.. let's tweak the sliders and give the enforcer +5% RoF, to keep peeps distracted.
    Metagame? What's that?

(I really don't see a lot of room to tweak the enforcer.. unless they buff RoF, and decrease dmg.. )
  19. Asageh

No reload, 1 full mag, like a bullet feed chain gun. More Dakka, I say, MORE DAKKA.
    • Up x 1
  20. WTSherman

Well somebody at SOE must like TR, considering the Vulcan got its buff before the other two ESAV did (it might suddenly make sense now, IF the Saron and Enforcer get enough to let them catch up).

I also notice they're buffing the PPA and Marauder, but not the poor Canister... so the Canister just recently got put on roughly the same level as the other AI weapons, and now it's going to be third place again because the other two are getting buffed while it gets left behind. :(

Also, if I remember right it was whiny TR players who asked for the most recent Striker rework, because they didn't like waiting for their rockets to lock on. The exact numbers (velocity, heat-seek radius, which vehicles could be locked) just didn't turn out the way they were hoping. ;)