Spitfire turrets, also known as the betrayal machine.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by xxx-reaper, Dec 8, 2014.

1. xxx-reaper

After some testing, it seams that the auto turret will shoot through you and your allies as though they aren't there if an enemy is detected in the other side.

This needs fixing before any other changes are considered.
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

Well, it does accurately simulate what 90% of my allies think is totally acceptable to kill that one VS infiltrator that isn't doing anything other than shoot sensor darts at people.
    • Up x 8
  3. Takoita

Strongly disagree. If it stopped firing every single time some ally crossed its line of fire, it won't get anything done, ever. Better awareness of your allies is a nice thing to learn anyways.
    • Up x 8
  4. Haquim

I totally agree.
    And since the damned turret is fixed they can't even tell their ususal BS "but you strafed behind me!"
    • Up x 1
  5. z1967

Well, at least you can sentry jump with it. Kinda... (they haven't fixed that yet, have they?)
  6. xxx-reaper

Sentry jump? The only thing I can think that could mean is using it as a platform. IF so that's a bad idea because anything directly on-top of it is considered to be in its line of fire so if an enemy is nearby you'll die in a matter of seconds jumping on it.
  7. xxx-reaper

1. People don't have preferential vision in the game, makes it hard to get awareness of what's around you.
    2. People are generally stupid in combat and tend to stand in front of everything.
    3. There is no effective place to put a glass cannon that won't either be behind your main line or in a position that it will get obliterated by your enemies before it does anything effective.
    I'd rather have something that fires bursts around my allies than something that will either lock my weapons faster than I can get rid of it, or something that people will use to betray an entire mass of people without consequence. (Depending how they count its friendly fire)
    No tools for faction jumpers. That's pretty much cheating and we don't need to make it super easy. They already have betrayal c4.
  8. z1967

There used to be a bug where standing on top of the sentry would build momentum and either launch you into the air or into the ground. Hilarious, but I value crouch jump assisting device more than I value my sentry jumps.
  9. GoyoElGringo

You're playing a game where new players are thrown into the same battle as experienced players. Of course they are going to be an annoyance and get in the way, but that doesn't mean you should shoot them. Situational awareness takes time to develop. I'm not saying you are in the wrong, but I am encouraging you to avoid mowing down low BR players who get in your way if you don't absolutely have to.
  10. Cest7

Yeah... the beepbeep makes me get out of the LOF of any turret, friend or foe
    • Up x 1
  11. CuteBeaver

I still think those turrets need a short cooldown timer, and no reliance on resupply. (Kinda like a spawn beacon but less harsh) instead of having to be resupplied all the damn time. Possibly more HP wouldn't hurt them either. Really us Stalkers don't need to be able to kill them stupid easy. A little more durability won't hurt anything. If we really want it dead we can walk up and put a proxy mine under it, or EMP and go to town on the thing. If the Developers are worried about our ability to remove it, can we just stab it too? Beepy turret is far too easy to be removed at this point. It needs some loving, and not the rough kind.
    • Up x 1
  12. xxx-reaper

They fixed the problems the test server versions had. Believe me, the turrets were a **** ton worse on the test server. Now they at least act as an annoyance. Still haven't died to one yet, but they definitely distract me whenever I turn a corner.
  13. Maxor

I've seen a few noob infils die to some but ya the turrets themselves should have the ability to at least cripple a heavy they just stand there. I stood in ones fire for a good 10 seconds using my NMG. It kinda tickles.

Either the turret itself needs to be buffed OR do it the PS1 way and shrink down and allow you to place multiple of them!
  14. Predator01cz

WAIT WHAT???

The beeping thing that I deploy when I want to jump over some wall is supposed to do more than that?
    I mean it was weird that I had to throw away 1000certs and I can only carry one, but it never did more than beep when some foes came to inspect this fancy wall jumping device of mine.
    • Up x 1