[Suggestion] this game would be objectively more fun for a majority players if infantry were toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BobSanders123, Jan 11, 2015.

1. MahouFairy

Now you suggest removing the last accurate AV weapon infantry we have -.-
  2. z1967

Not removing, reducing the range down to Infantry render distance. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
  3. Sixstring

Man,I love you guys. Ha Ha
  4. MahouFairy

But you mentioned changing it to a grenade launcher, which means like those the TR MAX has, or like a bulldog? Personally I would rather the current weapon mechanics to stay as it is. Dumbfire rockets are already next to useless without being in point blank range.
  5. [NNG]WillTerry

I truly think they need to focus infantry back to fighting other infantry.
  6. MahouFairy

No, this isn't a game where WoT, Counter Strike and (whatever game that features only air combat) comes together and happens to fight on the same map. This is a combined arms game, and every class has the ability to hurt another class, depending on their weapons and equipment load out.

Infantry versus infantry is already occurring in bases that provide no vehicle access. like in a biolab.
  7. [NNG]WillTerry

I agree with you, you made some excellent points. Infantry however need to have their AV and AA abilities toned down. I think 90 percent of the player base agrees with me.
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

Closer to the Pounder, possibly more like Falcon rocket launchers instead so they have some range to them. Whatever works best from player feedback.
  9. MahouFairy

So you really want to remove the accuracy and range of the current AV turrets with something as boring as a grenade launcher? If I wanted that I would be using the dual Pounders with lockdown mode, since I can fire twice as fast without having to fear for snipers.
    It wouldn't work.
  10. MAXArmar

I too find it very annoying that when I'm in my C-75 Viper lightning any time my proximity rader displays a red blob I need to relocate from a good firing position because infantry may blow me up. Nerf infantry pls.