C4 - Really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Whale, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Whale

Not sure what else to say, been playing on and off (very little) since beta. Played PS1 to max ranks and beyond, played PS1 from beta. Been back in PS2 the last couple weeks playing more than ever before. I just can't fathom how powerful C4 feels with very little way to defend against it.

Discuss. For the millionth time, i'm sure.
    • Up x 9
  2. MahouFairy

Fine as it is. Nothing to discuss.
    • Up x 14
  3. Xasapis

Against which target exactly?

Balance wise it feels about right, though I wouldn't mind if they doubled the damage it does against vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  4. FateJH

It's actually fair to say "any target" to be honest. C4 has extravagant damage multipliers against everything.

About the only things that offer resistance are Composite Armors and MAX Flak. (Deployment Shield too, but that's a special case.)
    • Up x 1
  5. HadesR

All I would change is to make it either place or drop and not able to be thrown ..
    • Up x 10
  6. vanu123

It's fine as is only thing is that they need to make it blow up the FIRST time I press the detonator.
    • Up x 4
  7. Bixli

..i just saw the title ..let me guess ..you got c4'd ? ...soe should fix this.
    • Up x 2
  8. doombro

I have no complaints about the amount of damage output C4 does, however, I have serious complaints with how stealthy it is. They need to beep or something to let you know that C4 is active. You don't get any feedback whatsoever that you're getting C4'd until it blows up. And I say this as an infantry player. It's much more frustrating for vehicle drivers.
    • Up x 2
  9. Bixli

..yeah , i have to agree ...maybe a big fat pop-up for 10 seconds where indicate "attention - c4!"
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

Current c4 is fine. They nerfed it about 5x now since launch.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bixli

..no wonder , prepare for some more nerfs until they're marshmallows.
  12. Suriakk

C4 is fine, though I think it should require a resource cost so you can't just have a limitless supply of c4.
    • Up x 1
  13. MahouFairy

Don't they already require resources?
  14. BlueSkies

... they do have a resource cost

what is it.. .like 100 per brick?
    • Up x 1
  15. AlterEgo

Have a problem with the substance my brothers back in the ME use to carry out terrorist attacks?
    Well, too bad! C4 has feelings too, you know!:(
  16. AlterEgo

They do use resources bro. I think that all infantry consumables cost resources, too.
  17. FateJH

It must be very insecure if it explodes the minute you try to have a conversation about it.
  18. MahouFairy

They can't be revived, repaired or even deactivated once you accidentally throw it at a wrong spot.

No please don't nerf my fun in sneaking behind idiot enemy tanks that like to venture alone to search for farms and then delivering TR infantry justice.
  19. Sixstring

C-4 is one of the most OP things in the game right now but the devs are not going to change/nerf it because it works in favor of infantry. It's obvious for the past year especially that the lead devs are showing a blatant and obvious bias towards infantry players,more to the point they're favoring players who NEVER want to use vehicles themselves. There is no other explanation for infantry AV spam to have been left in it's current state. I'm thinking about asking them (the devs) straight up "Are you guys actually playing this ****!?" I mean honestly how can they play the game themsevles on a regular basis and think that long range infantry AV and C-4 is acceptable in any way right now? Like six months ago they nerfed all tank turrets and said that they were going to nerf infantry AV along with it https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/484361901250338817 Guess what? We haven't heard a thing about it since then and now infantry AV is the most broken and obscene thing this game has ever witnessed and it's not being touched because the infantry-only players don't know the difference and they don't care since they never use vehicles in they first place. All it means to the infantry players and the devs is that vehicles are not bothering infantry and infantry aren't whining. At this point to balance the game there would need to be a complete overhaul of infantry AV from the ground up but I doubt the devs are that interested in the people who DO use their vehicles anyway.
    • Up x 2
  20. z1967

Just needs to not do so much damage to tanks. Like, the 2BK is fine, but it shouldn't do ~80% damage with a single brick. I use C4 quite heavily and that's my opinion on it.

Although making the arm time shorter would be nice, even if it means idiots would blow themselves up more by accident.