[nc] Long range carabine ac x11 or Razor ?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Germaux, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Germaux

Long range with light assault, that's why we have long range carabines. But which one is for the nc ?
    When i play TR is love the T5 AMC great gun for long range because it has a realy low recoil, and its a free starter gun so. When playing Vanu i take the Pulcar C because of reviews and videos on youtube and i also like it its also a free starter gun in the class question...But then i want to play nc, the mercenary is not bad but it's more a alround carabine. If i look to the class question thing he gives me the razor for light assault, so normaly thats the long range carabine like the pulsar c and t5 amc. But when i was using it it wasn't realy feeling like a long range gun. Then i asked to somme friends they where saying take the ac x11. So i thought youtube and when i see Wrel his video he was talking about the ac x11 t5 amc and pulsar c as long range carabines and then i saw mattiace using the razor en calling it the long range gun ? So which one is the long range carabine now ? Or is it personal ?
    Sorry if my english is a little bit wierd somthimes.
  2. NCstandsforNukaCola

Razor for sure
    Razor's velocity with HVA is 650 as same as 3tier BASR
    Perfect for shooting down even mobile targets
    AC X 11 is actually mid range carbine rather than Long range one
  3. Iridar51

First of all, forget the combination of words "long range carbine". It's as meaningless as "dry water".
    There are carbines that are more effective at longer ranges, but they will never be as good as ARs / LMGs.

I prefer to call them "precision". There are two ways you can kill enemies - by showering them with bullets, or by firing less bullets overall, but making sure every bullet actually hits. The latter is easier to do with "precision carbines".

Both AC-X11 and Razor belong in that category, but for a player who has to ask this question, I'd say go for Razor, since its recoil is much more manageable, and thanks to the second best in class bullet velocity, hitting moving targets is much easier as well.

Just don't expect it to perform at "long range". As much as being effective at range may be every LA's wet dream, currently, this is impossible.
    • Up x 4
  4. Grumblefern

Strongly prefer the AC-X11 myself. You get a pretty substantial 3 headshot kill range with it. HVA also bumps its velocity up quite a bit more than average.

It has significantly lower TTK as well, and better accuracy. It also has a longer damage drop-off range, which means even lower TTK at certain ranges where the Razor has dropped to its minimum damage earlier.

Razor mainly just has higher velocity and easier handling.
    • Up x 2
  5. Leivve

HC1 Cougar. You should drop those hunks of junk you NC scum call weapons and try a real gun.
  6. Germaux

Thx guys for the information :)
  7. Reclaimer77

For long range? There's no contest, the Razor beats all other NC carbines at range hands down. And anyone telling you otherwise, is flat out wrong.
  8. Agiond

I feel like i could agree with you, but then we'd be both wrong.
    AC-X11 is better for long range, where you need to go into semi-auto fire. Tho if you want a "reliable" full auto, yup, Razor has better accuracy to go full rambo mode at mid range. Tho please, don't hip fire. We are not Chuck Norris.
  9. Reclaimer77

Carbines aren't battle rifles. If you are trying to snipe people in single-shot mode from like 200 meters out...you're doing it wrong.
  10. Agiond

Completly agree. But carabines are inefective way before the 200m mark. past 50m don't expect to hit anything on full auto, so there's where you need to shoot on bursts or single-shots. We could argue all day long about which way is better or on which meter mark you need to start bursting or not, but the thing is, as LA, if you need to start bursting or switch to semi-auto, you are doing it wrong.

I love both AC-X11 and Razor, don't get me wrong. But the AC-X11 is better at long range, when you need to go semi-auto, but the Razor is better when you can still go full auto.
  11. omfgweeee

I have 1 rulle when i go for long range LA - equip nv scope and when u ads every target that lights up is in your kill range.

P. S. I preffer ac11 over razor.
  12. Germaux

No srry dont like that scope it takes to long to ads for me :/ and it has scope sway and limites range... so for long range xD nope prefer the 1x or 2x
  13. Skiptrace

AC-11X has a high and nearly un-predictable recoil profile. But, it has the highest damage of any carbine (i think) so, it's fantastic for carbine sniping. If you want a gun with more controlable recoil, the Razor GD-23 is a perfect gun for long range carbining (if that's a word...) Though, it does not have AFG, like the AC-11X, it has a more controllable recoil profile.
  14. Iridar51

Not entirely correct.

Both those guns have no recoil angle variance, so only horizontal recoil affects predictability. AC-X11 with AFG (-33%) has varied horizontal of 0.117 / 0.134, while Razor with FG (-25%) has unvaried horizontal recoil of 0.14 / 0.14. This means that AC-X11 has ~10% less horizontal recoil on average than Razor, but it's a bit less consistent.

It is true that AC-X11 is harder to control than Razor, but not because its recoil is unpredictable, but because of the strong vertical recoil. AC-X11 does get an unusually high benefit from Compensator (-20% vertical recoil), but even then it's hard to control because it comes in strong, infrequent kicks, rather than a constant stream of small kicks like in case of the Lynx.

Razor has angled recoil, while AC-X11 has no recoil angle, which is preferable. Forward Grip reduces the angle a bit, but it still remains noticeable.

If I was choosing between the two recoil patterns in a vacuum, I'd choose AC-X11. It is harder to use, but has higher potential.
    However, we're not comparing recoil patterns in a vacuum, there are guns attached to those recoil patterns.
    Razor is much more versatile than AC-X11. It can be used as a general purpose carbine. Razor doesn't *need* the compensator, and it has decent hip fire without it.

AC-X11 has higher potential in ranged combat due to:
    • Higher bullet damage
    • Better recoil pattern
    • Better damage drop off ranges
    It is harder to use due to strong, infrequent vertical recoil and lower bullet velocity, but both can be compensated for by the user.

But, AC-X11 suck as a general-purpose carbine, as it is very ineffective in CQC due to:
    • Worse hip fire by default, which is made even worse by almost mandatory Compensator.
    • Low RoF weapons are less effective in CQC in general.
    • 200 bullet damage weapons are hard countered by nanoweave, which requires 2 additional bullets to kill in CQC (up from 5, +40% difference in TTK), and it takes 3 headshots to kill, same as 167 damage.
    This is the basis behind "use Razor if you want a more accurate Mercenary, and use AC-X11 for hardcore ranged work".
    • Up x 1
  15. Dumpsterprophet

call me crazy but i like the nanite systems carbine