FPS drop after 5 min of playing(laptop)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mertvychuvak, Jan 6, 2015.

1. mertvychuvak

Like 8-9 months ago I had my laptop broken and couldn't play Planetside 2 for 2 months. When I fixed it I found out that as I log in I have like pretty much the same fps(60+) but it drops to 10-15 in 5 minutes and no changes in graphic settings can fix it. Now I want to be back to ps2 again but my fps are so poor.Graphic set to very low. render quality is at 75%, distance at 2000
    My config i7 3770QM/GT650m/8gbram/1Tb(7200rpm)/win 8.1 In other words I have Dell Inspiron 7720-6167I will provide more information if needed.Can anyone suggest how to fix that issue? Thank you in advance.
  2. RuthlessMoose

Sounds like a CPU problem. The RAM and GPU is more than enough to run the game on medium comfortably... Something is eating up that CPU of yours.

CPU usage when PS2 boots up? Working temperature? It is a laptop so cooler air is restricted and your PC might have to work harder to keep cool.

Otherwise do a complete scan for any malware or viruses which might be on your PC, reinstall the game and then see what happens.
  3. Smagjus

Clean the laptop and apply new thermal paste (if you can). It is quite obvious that you have a temperature problem.
  4. Magicool

yea until the memory leak drops the fps noticeable it even takes about an hour so this sounds like temp problems with CPU/GPU
    clean up your laptop
  5. Vango

Sounds exactly like thermal throttling,should def clean the radiator behind the intake fan.
  6. TSR-ThomasN Customer Service

If the issue continues, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly Technical Support team from http://help.soe.com. Thank you for your patience.
  7. mertvychuvak

Thanks everyone in this thread. Everything worked for me: I reapplied thermal compound both on CPU and GPU and cleaned the radiator from dust. Fps drops disappeared and everything works perfect. Stable 60+ fps
    Thank you all and thx SOE for reaching out!
    /solved
    • Up x 1