Are they optimizing the game, or making it worse?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Meowsterr, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Meowsterr

I used to play the game alot, with frame rates around 35 and sometimes 40 on medium - low settings. However, they recently changed minimum specs requirement and now I can barely get 15 fps. I thought they were trying to make the game run better on a wider range of equipment, other than super hardware from NASA.

What happened? And why would they raise minimum specs?
  2. Meowsterr

I have a Lenovo z580 i5
  3. Leer

4. Leer

I use a Dell Laptop with about the same specs. turn down your render quality in game and you will have ok frames.
  5. Meowsterr

What render quality do you play at? I use 87%. When you said that they are optimizing it again, do you mean that they're going to make it more playable with people who don't have as high end computers? (me being one of them)

btw that link u gave me talks about them making the lag better, but my problem is FPS.
  6. Leer

I run at 80 I think. I'd need to check to be sure. There were three four things he said that they were going to work on lag, fps and memory leaks. (and crash to desktop) from the looks of it lag and crash are being fixed first. I assume fps is more work. I think the optimization is targeted at everyone but will likely help the low end systems more (really depends on what they change) + 10 frames when you are getting 20 fps is more of an impact than adding 10 frames to somebody already getting 80 fps. Common sense I guess

Fix list
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/550730375404982272

Lag fix
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/552249389083672576

Crash fix for some issues went out today. There is also an update coming on Wednesday with details later today. I'm hoping for fps but well see.
  7. Cheetoh

It seems to have broken things in VR.
  8. Meowsterr

9. BlackDove

Theyve been making it worse for a long time.

The fact that someone is linking to reddit to get info from the devs is ridiculous.

Why did they REALLY increase the minimum requirements recently? Shouldnt they have gone DOWN if they were optimizing it?

Youd have to look at what they really did with OMFG. They made the graphics worse, removed a bunch of models from the game, and got rid of PhysX despite Nvidia talking about it like it still used it on their site.

Thats because they were "optimizing" PS2 for PS4s APU.

Its been over two years and we are being linked to reddit lol.
  10. Leer

Nicer image at "play able" frames. Hard to quantify and I'm taking a guess.
  11. Leer

hey, I linked twitter too! Oh, ya...that's not good ;)
  12. Meowsterr

Just tried playing, got 13 fps on lowest settings with render at 70%. I just walked around killing teammates.
    • Up x 1
  13. SynaptixBrainstorm

You know what recently happened ?
    Its the fact that they increased the infantry renderer distance (i guess vehicles, too) from, for infantry 300m, to something far beyond that.

Its possible now to spot things from like 4 bases far away which never was the case since O:MFG.(or sometimes before that i cant remember)

Well its not a solution for someone who wants to play this game as its supposed to be played but, i personally play with a overall renderer distance of 350m just because im only intrested in infantry gameplay, means i dont feel this huge negative impact from the increased infantry/aircraft/groundvehicles renderer distance.
  14. Garrett Black

yeah, I feel like this could be the problem. I have massive freezing issues when I changed my graphics settings. its like 100fps then a 1-4 second freeze. gtx 670
  15. TwwIX

Yep. Same **** here. Goes from a steady, locked 75 framerate downright to zero and back up. It's either a memory leak or it may very well have something to do with the recent rendering changes. It's ******* pointless if you ask me since you can't make out anything beyond a certain distance. I've noticed that people keep spotting air vehicles that are clearly miles away and just smudges on the screen. They don't even appear marked on the screen. It's confusing if anything.