Low FPS - After a system upgrade

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kellth, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Kellth

About a year ago I had a lesser grade computer. But it ran PlanetSide 2 really well and I could go on Ultra graphics with a good render quality and so on. But when I upgraded my computer and downloaded PlanetSide 2 I sometimes stay at 5 FPS during large fights. My internet has stayed the same and I connect to the Emerald server since I live on the east coast. I googled a bit to try to search for a fix but haven't got much results. I also downloaded razer's game booster and that only helped a bit. The only way I can play PlanetSide 2 is when I have a render quality of 0% and play on all low graphics. I have a GTX 660 Ti. What could possible be the problem? Thanks.
  2. Dragam

If you have render quality at 0, then youll just have a black screen, as no image would be rendered...

We need to know your full system specs, and not just your graphics card - this includes software used, and OS.
  3. Kellth

Here is what I found.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 660 ( I thought I had Ti... apparently not)
    Memory: 4.00 GB Ram
    PSU: Corsair 650w
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H81 Chipset Mainboard

Edit: I'm actually running at the lowest render quality: 50%.
  4. Smagjus

What did you upgrade from?
  5. Dragam

Its likely your system memory (ram), or rather lack off - upgrading it to 8gb would do you Wonders, not just for planetside 2.
  6. Kellth

Well my computer originally was this.

But then I bought the GTX 660 so that I could actually play Planetside 2 and I got a stronger 600ish watt power supply.

Then I got a new motherboard, CPU and now it runs slower.
  7. Kellth

So your suggesting I buy new ram? The ram I have right now probably isn't even up to par with current system. New ram would fix the PS2 lag and make my computer operate faster?
  8. Irathi

did you sell your old system?

They are both DDR3 so you can probably just take the 6 Gb from your old system and stick it into the new system.

Going form HD 4250 to a GT 660 should be a major upgrade for you.

edit;

the cpu and gpu is what really matters for the fps, but if you have too little ram it will have to read from the harddrive all the time which is really slow.
  9. AllyElly

Just to add, i5 is minimum requirement now
  10. Dant3

Since when...?

EDIT: Correct, just saw announcement.