[Suggestion] Phaseshift VX-S Buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Foxirus

I suggest that the Phaseshift be allowed to headshot kill at 300m IF AND ONLY IF you FULLY CHARGE the shot. By fully charge, I mean you keep holding it for the maximum charge cycle until the weapon fires on its own.

As it stands now, The phaseshift caps out a maximum of 230m (190m if silenced) headshot kill range no matter how high your charge the rifle, As long as you charge it till the 3 lights inside the scope come on.
  2. Kaska

There are many problems with Phaseshift, and headshot range is not one of them.
    • Up x 4
  3. Jac70

Actually it's not a bad idea, I don't think this would change much overall as this weapon is more suited to mid-range work. The velocity of the projectile means it is only usable on AFK targets at more than 100m anyway.
  4. Foxirus

Actually the headshot range is one of the problems this gun has. Trust me, I have already got my purple medal of abuse, I would know.

Especially with the new render range for infantry being even further, the range for snipers is going to need to be worked on.
  5. Mauzeraut

Four. Times. Scope.

Gun is fixed.
    • Up x 5
  6. Acceleratio

This pretty much! No other buff I love this baby and I dont want NC and Trto whine about nerving it once people discover how awesome smiping with infinite ammo is
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is all it needs.
  8. Doc Jim

I don't want an increase in the range through further changes to the charge mechanic, I'm quite happy with the Phaseshift as it is (my most used weapon). A weapon with infinite ammo and no bullet drop should not have the same range as a Railjack. Low powered scopes though, I'd like that a lot. Btw: silenced range for 1HK is 185m not 190m, just thought I'd point that out.
  9. Get2dachoppa

Why not double tap them to the head? Quicker than holding for a full charge shot and just as effective.
    • Up x 1
  10. SpruceMoose

I'd be extremely happy with a 4x
    though I were to get greedy I'd want a slight recoil reduction when firing without a charge
    • Up x 2