Happy holidays poor holiday update :(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Andy04

Although I have not installed the game since the end of november I have kept an eye on this latest patch that they have done and the SC sales and events and I have to say they are at an all time low, Milking the life out of the players with poor weapons to buy and silly stuff they have implemented over the past 2 years they topped it of with an Auto turret that was not even properly optimized just thrown into the game to make it look as if they got something done for the december update apart from the knife thing... I for one am glad I had nothing to do with taking part in any of the events because from what i have heard is that the performance has been another blunder after that update making the game even more unplayable for a lot of players more so than usual....

My Question is...... Is the proper attention ever going to be put towards getting the game working properly ? I have not heard of any performance updates or fixes in a long time from the dev team nor have I heard anything from them about any further developments on the battle island or even half the nonsense they said would have been released by now. I think they just put higby in a room and let him come up with random ideas and go for it, I'm sure the backlog is HUGE for stupid stuff. AND WHAT HAPPENED PLANETSIDE1 ? They Turned it into Halo cod and battlefield wrapped up into one recycled dirty diaper.
  2. Firejack

You have a very distorted view of the game. Basing your impression on the complaints of others doesn't give a realistic assessment of the current state of the game. Sure its not perfect but I've had no problems completing the Holiday Event Directive or buying items in the sale.

In terms of performance, for everyone who hasn't benefited from the performance improvements others have. I have a Low-mid range GPU and have seen noticeable jumps in FPS since the summer.

Software development is hard. Especially on the scale of Planetside. Improvements are going to take time.
  3. Andy04

My impression is based on 2 years of game play with this game and I hear the complaints enough on teamspeak to know that I can also base my impressions on the complaints lol I agree the frames have sucked since the summer time and I have a fairly beefy computer that should have not issues at all with running planetside two, But still got hitching, Bad hit detection, Fliping random tanks, Bad player rendering and movement, Latency is bad.... I know its a lot of work... but the rate they are going I think this is as far as Planetside 2 is going to get to be honest. Its fun for farming thats pretty much it.
  4. LT_Latency

No one cares about the opinion of someone who hasn't even tried it
    • Up x 5
  5. TheFamilyGhost

Stopped there.
    • Up x 2
  6. Andy04

lol, I do not have to try it to know its already bad, I can trust the opinion of my other outfit members who still play and say its bad themselves. I just want to know when they are going to fix the performance.
  7. Andy04

Good for you glad you had to tell me that...... lol
  8. Isokon

Why don't you ask those other outfit members?
  9. FieldMarshall

Its a F2P game with ~50 people working on it (most of those probably on the PS4 version),
    Those 50 people are constantly being pressured by higher ups to bring in money to justify keeping the game going.

Thats PS2 in a nutshell, if that post made by that dev who left PS2 is accurate. (dont have a link)
    That should give a general idea on what the future of PS2 will be and why they do some of the (blatant milking) things they do.
  10. OldMaster80

I assume the problem is the PS4 version. Making Planetside 2 run on that freaking coffee machine must be a nightmare, so probably large part of the team is currently focused on PS4 beta.

And yes, this is pity. Because we have been playing, discussing, suggesting, paying, helping since October 2012 and now we've been forgotten. At least, that's how I feel.
    Devs started the implementation of a lot features that have been eventually abandoned, postponed, and no one know exactly when (and IF) they will be completed. There is no roadmap for January and February: as far as we know it could only be Player Studio updates for a long time. Where are the players missions? Where is the rest of the resources revamp? Hell this was only supposed to be a transition!! WHERE IS THE ANT?!? Where are the battle islands? When will they make the Valkyrie a viable vehicle? 2,5 years have passed and still warpgates are not working.

This is bad. This is freaking bad.

And that's why I decided not to invest money in PS2: I feel fooled. Want my money SOE? Start doing what you promised.
    • Up x 1
  11. Andy04

^^ Everything there I agree 100% I feel the same and it sucks that it does feel like we have been put on the back burner because of the ps4 and the quality of content and updates that we have got has dropped dramatically and I see no real concern being made/announced about any of the issues at hand just a bunch of minor bug fixs and adjustments that is it... I have lost faith in the dev team and like I said before also will not be paying anymore money into this game as good as it may seem to be now it really could have been spectacular !! They Messed it up. REMAKE Planetside 1! thats all they had to do !!