Exceptional Weapons Directive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMish, Dec 26, 2014.

1. TheMish

How do you complete this easily?

What weapons did you use?

I'm wondering if it's worth getting the holiday pack, and doing some of it with the Icikill knife and Deep Freeze gun.
  2. DFDelta

The golden first gen SMG from the starter pack is a must have for the exceptionals in my opinion. It is rather cheap and you get a short boost plus some other random crap on top of it, too.

The other weapons I did use were the Blackheart as Stalker and the platinium NS assault rifle ("summerrewards" code, I don't think it still works though) and the recruit reward platinium NS guns.
  3. Ribero

For the love of all things holy, don't.
  4. TheMish

Which starter pack?
  5. DFDelta

I don't know what it was called actually. It has a golden SMG for every faction, a 3 day boost and I think 1000SC for 6€ or something like that.

EDIT:
    Ah, I think it was the physical copy of the game that came bundled with that stuff, but you can also buy the code directly from some game retail sites. (Thats what I did anyways)

Need to look up where I got it fron, though.
  6. Tommyp2006

Easiest weapons to complete:

All platinum NS weapons, 2 primary weapons of which require you to go through the recruiter system.
    Gold SMG you get through the physical copy of the game
    The Baron and NS15 from the anniversary pack if you got it.

Otherwise, get good with stalker cloak and knifing since many of them are knives.

The real challenge in this directive is making sure you purchase these weapons in the limited time there is access to them. If you didn't do that, then you're SOL.
  7. doombro

They're a nightmare. I have the platinum NS-11, Anniversary baron & NS-15, platinum commissioner, and golden repeater. It's not gonna be fun. IMO, just having one of these things auraxiumed should get you the camo.
  8. Kunavi

I'm out of options and have to farm with either the Heart-String, the candy cannon or Deep Freeze. GGQQBB no black camo for me, gave up. Sure I can play Stalker 24/7 for the next 3 years but really now? Rly? F* it, I just will have to skip black in PS2. The requirements are absurd even if the weapons were manageable, 1160 kills?!?! With nothing to motivate you in between either!
  9. TheKhopesh

I finished mine under a week ago.

LOVING the camo btw.
    I've been running it and the old red "Shank you very much" decal on my NC main when I run max suit, and already I've had some TR engies mistake me as a TR max in heated battles. They run right up, drop ammo, and attempt to repair me. :p

Front view:

[IMG]

Back view:

[IMG]

Back on topic of weapons used:
    I had the NS-11P assault rifle and the Phoenix AE rocket launcher auraxed before directives were released, and then swiftly moved on to working on the gold Cyclone variant.
    But it was only when the AE baron and NS-15M AE came out that I worked toward completing it.

In my opinion, the "Exceptional" weapons should also count toward their specific weapon directive branch.
    IE, I auraxiumed the Phoenix AE, so I should get credit for the "Exceptional" weapon directive, and the "Rocket Launcher" directive branch.
    This would make them premium items, and would no doubt cause anything like the effective "Exceptional" weapons such as the NS-11P, NS-15M AE, etc. to sell far more copies.

It provides clear incentive to using them over regular weapons, as you don't have to chose between "Do I want to use my NS-44 Commissioner for the 'Sidearm' directive, or my Platinum Commissioner for 'Exceptional' directive?" when choosing which variant to use.
  10. Schwak

Exceptional weapons directive should really be an account wide unlock and shouldn't give directive score. It's silly that a directive that is easily accomplished via paying real money gives directive score.

But ya, it's pretty sexy.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. REZistance

That's sweet Khopesh. I just started working toward the black camo yesterday with the Candy Cannon 3000. I'm at 83 kills already, heh. I'm probably going to use some of the tougher weapons though.. two of the knives and probably the Deep Freeze and Flare Gun.

@Kunavi - Cmon man, don't give up. If I can slog through the Vanu Sidearm Master Directive, you can surely do this one ;)
  12. England3942

I'm with DFDelta on this one, the golden SMGs are a must buy for this. Inside it, you get: 1 code for 3 golden SMGs, a 7-day XP boost, and 1000SC. You also get 1 more code for a 3-day XP boost "for a friend" (but you can redeem it for yourself if you want to). You can get this in the "retail copy" of Planetside 2 (the actual CD version), and it is available on Amazon.co.uk right now for just £10.00.

Aside from this however, to answer your other question, I am currently going for auraxium medals on: The Hexedge knife (faction-specific), the NS-11P (from the (no-longer available) "Summerreward" code), both the AE Baron and NS-15m (from the 2 year anniversary bundle), and the SMG-46G Armistace (from the retail copy of Planetside 2).

These weapons are fairly easy to auraxium, the hardest being the knife I suppose. To auraxium a knife: equip the "Stalker Infiltrator" class, and use a pistol/ knife combo (for the TR the standard TX1 Repeater works well with this (+ laser sight and suppressor), but it runs out of magazines very quickly). For this combo, I would advise 2 shots with the underboss (or indeed the commissioner as well) and then a knife swing to finish. Or instead you could just equip the knife and go Rambo on everyone.

I hope this helps! (If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reply to this post with them!).
  13. FieldMarshall

Im currently doing it with these weapons:

NS-15MP
    NS-15M AE
    NS-11P
    NS-11CP
    SMG-46G Armistice (Or Cyclone/Eridani equivalents)

Seems like the easiest setup.
  14. TheKhopesh

Too many NS weapons for me to stand.
    I do like the things, but when there's that many, and no higher TTK CQC weapon for when there just aren't any fights where you can ADS, it makes the grind painful.
  15. TheKhopesh

Yeah, if the camo was unlocked account wide that would be cool.
    (Even if it just gave the camo, and the directive was still open on characters you hadn't completed it on.)

Same for anything that yields non-faction specific items.
    The black and white camos as well as the leadership auraxium helmet.
    (Especially the Kraken, as that would cut down on the total server occurrences of rocket primary infantry cheesing if people only had to do it once for an account wide unlock.)
  16. P149U3

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Schwak is a scrub <3
  17. XTCAndy

When might Sony another NSP weapon, like the Commissioner with the purchase of a Planetside 2 Gamecard. Can this please happen this spring Sony?
  18. Haquim

To be honest: I could not care less about when they do that.
    All the weapons that were/are/will be available by starter pack or gamecard promo action are unavailable over here anyway.
  19. FieldMarshall

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. FnkyTwn

GamesRocket.com (i'm not affiliated with it in any way) has a great deal right now on a 'Starter Kit' anybody can use.
    -1,000 SC
    -Golden SMGs for each faction
    -7day XP boost
    -3day XP boost
    ----- All for $7.50 - which is fantastic

I had never heard of the site, but it seems to be a european version of Steam. It's based in Germany, and it's even affiliated with Steam in that you can use the same login. I ordered the kit, paid with PayPal, and got an email which included an attached scanned image of the primary code, and then a secondary code for the 3day XP boost. They both worked just fine and i'm more than pleased with my purchase. I got the SC and guns and boosts.

-The only hiccup was that PayPal didn't return me back to the GamesRocket site after I had made the purchase, which resulted in an SQL error. GamesRocket automatically (and instantly) emailed me wanting my phone number to verify it was a legit purchase, I put my phone number in and my phone rang instantly, and an automated system had me hit number "1" and that was it. I then (instantly) received another email with the working codes. - I entered in the codes via the SOE website, so I can't verify if you can input them in-game.
    • Up x 1