12/19 update crashing game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Roadkill32, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Roadkill32

Since the update this morning, my game will not stop crashing. It worked with yesterday's update just fine.I've even restarted my computer.
  2. Bovox

I was not crashing until this morning 12/20, crashed twice now within an hour.

1st crash I had joined a platoon and left, instant crash, 2nd time i was made squad leader in a different platoon, 10 seconds later crashed.

No error codes, just straight to desktop.

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K Hexa-Core Processor CPU @ 3.2 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB Installed RAM DDR3 1600MHz
    • Hard Drive: 512 GB SSD (167 GB free)
    • Video Memory: 2 GB
    • Video Card: GeForce GTX 670
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
  3. TheFamilyGhost

I turned off all HUD features except draw, and haven't crashed since.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'm similar to this. Got in the game after the patch. CTD after about 5 minutes. Later I remembered to turn off both the Missions and Tutorials from my HUD. No more crashing.

My friend CTD'd 3 times in a row after entering Cobalt. After he removed the same 2 as me, no more CTD.

Since Missions have been a part of the HUD for a while now, I'm going to assume it MAY be something to do with the Tutorials. I expect we'd need more people to confirm this though.
  5. hactor2014

hey there i have same problem i think its the Tutorials that doing it or the hall
    HUD thing i hope they fix the damn thing cus its anyoing and it did not crash for me since
    the new update came out.

I haved talk to other players in game they have same problem to.
    Btw i did turn off the mission hud off but if i turn Tutorial HUD
    off every time i restart the game its turn it back on.

When try to turn it off Again some time is CTD
    I'm going to sony support and report this problem.
  6. PresidentFreeman

Does this include centralized hud as well? I just want to make sure I'm doing the same thing as you to get an accurate result.
  7. Orga

Disabling Tutorial from HUD has solved my CTD issue
  8. hactor2014

yes its a conform that Disabling Tutorial from HUD will solved the problem
    i did not have any CTD since i recommended for those WHO have a CTD
    turn off your Tutorial from HUD on til they get a hot fix on it happy x mas and
    happy gaming :)
  9. PresidentFreeman

Yep, disabling the hud features fixed it for me. Thanks to family ghost for finding a solution.
  10. Sluglit

Not sure if it's the same problem, disabled all HUD features, but the game still crashes to desktop.
    As it crashes, the audio repeats the last sounds for 5 seconds.
  11. maxkeiser

I basically never have crashes. Playing the game today I'm getting them the whole time. The game freezes and planetside 2 'stops responding'.

I played for 2hrs yesterday with no freezes for the whole 2 yrs I've had pretty much no problem. Something odd seems to be going on.
  12. Nocturnal

Same here game is crashing evry 10-20 mins for me.
  13. maxkeiser

I wonder what is causing it? Server load? Some new code that was patched in today?
  14. saturnuranus

Got the same problem here, although mine's a bit more sporadic, crashing every 2-3 hours of gameplay. It's seemingly random, sometimes crashing whilst I'm in a tank and other times just whilst I'm stomping across the map. I'm going to try disabling the HUD tutorials also.