Random, big stuttering issues!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xourn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Xourn

First off, my specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Nvidia GTX 770 (I've got the latest drivers)
    Intel i5 4670k
    Samsung Evo SSD 240gb (Planetside is installed on it)
    8GB of RAM (Not running anything else in the background)

Before the 18th update I noticed I was having slow load times on my SSD so I decided to re-install the game. The result was much faster loading, but the framerate would tank, and I mean TANK at the most random times. It's completely random. It can be when I'm just riding my flash around, or whenever I fight someone when there's no explosions or gunfire going around. This has even happened when I was standing still. There's no pattern.

It doesn't matter what settings I play on, the random stuttering is still there. Whenever it happens I go down to 0.5 to 2 FPS for around 15 seconds. The earliest this has happened is around 10 minutes into gameplay.

My gaming rig should easily be able to play this game on high settings without any issues (haven't had any issues before on high-ultra) and it's not overheating. It's at 40-50 celsius (122 degrees F) and running 60+ FPS at all times (40+ in big fights). At all times except for these random occasions where I go down to 1-2 FPS, and it's incredibly frustrating as I've had it happen when I'm battling somebody.

I have no idea what the problem is, I've reinstalled multiple times and nothing works. Help?
  2. Xourn

No one?
  3. Drew21`3

What are your setting graphics card wise? Maximum performance should be set on Nvidia options Control Panel wise. Setting max rendered frames to: 2. I turn shadows off and Flora off. Everything else is on high and textures Ultra. The other issue it could possible be is your card is tanking because of power issues in your setup. Whats your power supply? You should also go into your power options and set them for gaming. Here are some guides that point to some of the above mentioned troubleshooting:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#1

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/performance-guide.194928/

http://www.thelonegamers.com/2013/06/23/complete-guide-better-planetside-2-performance/

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27496-Planetside-2-Optimization-Guide
  4. Vango

5. Communist Moose

6. Xourn

So far nothing has helped, I tried everything above.
    All of the options possible are set to performance (graphics card and power settings) and my PSU is on 750W and this happens even if I run on low settings. This issue was not apparent before I re-installed my game and yes I have re-installed a multitude of times to make sure nothing is corrupt / not downloaded correctly.
  7. Drew21`3

Okay, I have been down this road so no worries man. The only other option is to check is your monitor settings. HDMI cord is new or old? Tried replacing it with a new one? Whats your settings on your monitor set at? What are you monitor settings set at for your monitor? Do you have over scan on or ?

Okay did you delete all the old folders? After uninstall? If you are running out of options then do display driver uninstaller then uninstall all the graphics drivers for Nvidia. Reboot and fresh graphics card driver install.

Okay next question: Do you use the the GeForce experience application for your games to optimize?

Are your POWER settings on your Windows set for gaming? Are you running on your mother board energy saver or a similar program?

If you do not DELETE all the folders from the original Planetside 2 install yo may just be causing more issues than fixing.

It may also be your internet as well.

Look I have installed this game 20+ times, I have troubleshooted multiple issues. Merry Christmas!
  8. Drew21`3

Whats your resolution set at monitor and game wise? Tell me what brand your monitor is and what model. Thanks!
  9. PresidentFreeman

This was actually an issue that was floating about a couple months ago that I thought was fixed, it would happen the exact same way as you mentioned; period of ridiculously slow framerate then back to normal as if nothing happened. How much memory does your graphics card have? And are you playing on ultra textures? It does sound like the memory is capping out or something.
  10. Xourn

Graphics card is a GTX 770 with 2GB of GDDR5 and like I said before, this happens no matter what settings I use. Ultra or no ultra. Still tanks like a buggar at the most random times (and they're very badly timed, I was in a MAX killing people).

As I mentioned before, it can run butter-smooth in 96+ fights but just die in 1-12 with nothing happening.
  11. Xourn

My monitor is a Asus - VN247 which shouldn't be an issue. None of the other games I play has this problem.
  12. Drew21`3

Okay, cool I have same monitor.
  13. Drew21`3

Reinstall Direct X and run dxdiag.
  14. Xourn

I can't re-install it. Tried poking around and editing in the registry but it doesn't budge. Direct X shouldn't be the issue either as I'm able to play other Direct X games completely fine. I also ran a check disk, no bad files found.
  15. Xourn

Oops, missed this reply..
    I'm pretty sure that the hardware is not the issue here. Everything is 1 to 1.5 years old.
    I don't use GeForce Experience's "optimization" function, but I do have the software.
    I have updated and reinstalled drivers (clean re-install).
    Everything possible is set to performance.
    Internet is not the issue, 100 / 100Mbit cable with 50 ping.

Also, Merry Christmas! Thanks for taking your time to try to help me!
  16. Drew21`3

Merry Christmas to you too!

Well I like to help so its no big deal. Plus I have had so many issues with games that I became a troubleshooting guru. I mod alot of my games outside of Planetside 2.

Can you tell me what your Nvidia Control Panel settings are please for graphics and the main settings. Basically is it set to high performance or let the application decide. Then also list for me the individual settings for the card under the settings. Where the prerendered frames and so forth.

Also have you changed your Windows power settings? Also look under device manager properties and see if your Internet has the box checked CPU can turn off power if left idle to save energy option.
  17. Drew21`3

18. Drew21`3

Okay do you use vsync and smoothing in game?
  19. Drew21`3

20. Drew21`3