The reason autoturrets hurt the game more than helps...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Mechwolf

Most of you are talking about turrets as a singularity, and not multiple turrets at once. The problem is when there's way more than 1, like in a bio lab there's at least 6 and I can't even look their way without getting sprayed down. I'm not talking about being a c4 fairy. I'm talking about being somebody who shoots the general mass of people at a bio lab from the rooftops. It is impossible thanks to all those autoturrets. And it's easy for anybody to pay attention because all they have to do is see it shooting upwards. As for Infiltrators, they have two counters to autoturrets while Light Assaults have nothing to counter them whatsoever. It effects people who try to sneak around with LA way more than it does infiltrators.
  2. iller

I'm an infiltrator, and in their Survey on these, I told them they need to BUFF these stupid things so they'll actually be worth disabling the proper way.... IOW: Learn to come prepared bro. Do you have EMP nades & full Bandolier unlocked yet like I do? No? Then get 'em. They're going to come in really handy eventually. Especially if the devs ever Higbying fix HA shield resistance to EMP bug....

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. BobSanders123

They hurt the game by making new players think it would be cool to spend their first 1000 certs on a mechanical chicken with paper armor that has a mental handicap.
    • Up x 4
  4. NC supporter

So.
  5. CuteBeaver

These turrets are our friends yo!

Stalkers these are your buddies use them to help weaken enemies for kills. Lace rooms with proxy mines so the turret can be more effective and kill whatever enemies you can't claim in the initial blast. Play robot mind games with enemy ones and get them to fire on their own allies or use your EMP's to disable them while your making an ambush. Seriously these turrets are not a big deal. They could probably use a buff actually. If the enemy has a line of them or a multitude of them assembled go stalker or EMP and take them out since their HP is low. Half the time these turrets help generate a false sense of security for enemy players allowing you to make ambushes as a stalker. I love these things.
  6. doombro

These are all good things. Autoturrets are more or less glorified motion spotters. Nothing more, nothing less. I just wish they were a bit better at it.
  7. Archlyte

I think they hurt the game because they look stupid.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

now we need new toy for medic
  9. Alarox

Or a 50m radius.
  10. radrussian2

been playing for a couple days and hardly notice them. they are basically a beefy motion detector, they dont hurt anything.

and ive literally been playing infy this whole time never been shot once by the turret. just dont go near the turrets. how hard is it? skim around the flanks picking people off. i dont know what you are doing that gets you shot by turrets, i really dont.
  11. Dhabu

Things you can do to profit (as an Infil, that is) from Spitfire turrets:

- Destroy them for points.
    - EMP them and take advantage of the now-false sense of security the Engi has.
    - Position yourself so your human target is between you and the turret, thus doing double damage (yours + the turret's) to him when you decloak to kill him.

Things you can do to let turrets ruin your day:
    - Stay still within range, out of cover, uncloaked.

Prognosis: Don't stand still, out of cover, within range of the turret, uncloaked. Do try to use the above (as well as thinking of more) strategies to benefit from this change to gameplay mechanics.
  12. K2k4

I play a ton of infiltrator and light assault, and I think the spitfire turret is one of the best additions to the game. Though it makes it riskier to sneak around it adds a whole new game for me. I personally love popping people's turrets because it actually feels like I am blocking the other team from something that they needed. I also like sneaking around so being in the rafters or deciding when to decloak in the presence of one of these turrets is anadded challenge that adds to the game.

Let's also be honest here. If you decloak your cloak makes a faction specific noise which your enemies can hear from up to 300m away. The turret is the least of your worries.
  13. TwwIX

You'd be the first to praise this game's awful AI coding. If you're getting killed by this glorified, potted flower then you have nobody but yourself to blame for it. Talk about a waste of certs.
  14. NBA JAM

Oh, look friends, the SMG Infiltrator cloak + LA C4 spammer is having a tough time readjusting their gimmicky tactics.

Someone fetch this person a box of puffins and some tissues post haste.

#Spitfiresworkingasintended
    • Up x 1