I am pretty pretty terrible in this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hiperion, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Hiperion

Just look at my stats, half of those kills in when some lonewolf insta kills me inside in the base with full allies, but nope im the only one who get killed, i dont even ake atry to play vehicles just o get insta c4 d by a pro la,
    putting a max is just to give more xp to the enemy, puing medic just to play a nurse, puting an engie to be a human shield to a max, puting a infiltrator just to drop o 10 frames when i scopping to give new players a easy kill,
    im very frustrated i get somped over and over for more than 1 year maybe i top my limit, im gonna take a break or better i leave
    Good night
  2. 2ndChance

You have a decent K/D Ratio on your profiles.

But I checked out your killboards on JurMetaion and ElDieg0 (the latter because I'm on Miller), so I can understand why you're frustrated right now. Looks like a streak of bad luck to me. Try playing another game for a little while: World of Tanks is free to play. I myself play an old quiet strategy game, Civilization III, whenever a bad play streak vexes me. Then come back and kill the enemy.

It sometimes also helps to go into VR training to kill dummies. :)
    • Up x 3
  3. _itg

FWIW, a KDR of 0.92 is actually a bit above average, due to TKs and suicides.
    • Up x 2
  4. Bambasti

PS2 is not about K/D-R. It's about being useful for your team. And having fun of course. So if you're having some why care about stats? ;)
    • Up x 2
  5. Grumblefern

When you're doing badly take a break OR play cheese(although I guess you tried that) OR pick an easy fight(defending a tower or something).

Often my bad streaks are my own fault for throwing myself at a fight that's just not going to be healthy for my KD. Sometimes that's fine with me but sometimes it can be very frustrating. I recently dropped from an 8.3 to a 7.3 KD just going nuts in a 1-12 vs. 48-96 fight 'cause I felt like running out of the camp, shotgunning a few people, then inevitably being swarmed and dying. I also started using the Artemis before that which I found a very limited/frustrating weapon. Really, I should stick to Pulsar C LA and Orion HA if I'm going to play infantry but sometimes I just need some variety.
  6. cykael

I never understood how defending towers is easy. I always do much better attacking towers with LA, so much easy kills on unaware players.
  7. Alarox

The enemy has to come to you in controllable spots.

I agree that attacking a tower can give you lots of kills as a LA, but you can get massive streaks without risk of dying while defending.
    • Up x 2
  8. Alizona

I've played for two years (since the game was released), I am currently BattleRank 99 and only 300K XP away from making BR100.

My K/D is 0.47 or thereabouts, and I have to seriously wonder if it will be the lowest K/D out of all BR100 players when I get there?

But even tho my K/D is extremely low, and even tho you might expect someone with a low K/D to not enjoy the game, I still play every day.

Like you, OP, I knew I sucked at this game right away. I know I suck at fighting and shooting, and quite honestly, games where you have to kill things really isn't my cup of tea. I'm more of a Minecrafter and a creative builder than I am a cold-blooded killing machine (I laugh when I type that phrase, it's like a scene out of Rambo).

But I didn't get fed up and quit and never come back. I love huge open-world MMO's, so I simply found another way to play the game. I found my niche, always playing as an Engineer, and I spend all my time repairing things. Maybe it's not for everybody, most would probably think it's the most boring thing ever... but to each their own, right? Find your own happiness, do things your own way!
    • Up x 10
  9. breeje

for me it depends from day to day
    sometimes I'm a real killing machine other times i be killed and killed again
    it have nothing to do with BR, i kill BR 100 all the time
    and beginners kill me all the time
  10. TammelTR

Eh forget about kd, this game is so random and quite frankly poorly designed in so many areas that it makes stats irrelevant. People with really high kdr in this game probably aren't having as much fun as you think either. The amount of effort and patience that goes into stat padding is frustrating. I tried it for a few months with a NC medic. Gauss rifle is amazing btw, but yeah I ended up with a kdr of like 18, but it's a chore. My 2-3 kdr TR heavy is infinitely more fun because that's just where I naturally fall when playing for fun, and not worrying about stats. As for bad luck streaks, switch continents or take a break from the game. They happen.
  11. Clay

No. Theres a vanu BR100 on cobalt with a K/d of 0,2X. I have no idea how he got to 100 but I think thats the lowest possible. Dont remember the name though, something with blaze ... or not

[Edit]

found him : https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428035526965030737

He improved to 0,31
  12. Evoo

Hiperion alot of people don't care about kd , if you have a bad death streak just change to vehicle. I see you are battle rank 80 cert a lock down prowler or an esf and watch the certs flow. Sometimes i fly only to ram people, crashing into raven or vortex maxes is my favorite.
  13. BetterFasterStronger

LIkewise I find your k/d's respectable, secondly you shouldn't play under pressure of a k/d. It's a game have fun, no pressure :)
  14. Nasher

I don't even look (or care) about stats. Not mine or anyone else's :)

Anyone with a brain knows stats are meaningless. Especially when you can farm kills for hours on end in some vehicles.
  15. Dualice

I was in the same outfit as him back along. He's... a complicated fellow :D
    • Up x 1
  16. GoyoElGringo

It sounds like your situational awaerness is pretty lacking. Wear headphones so you can here things around you, use radar darts(crossbow) if you think someone may be lurking about, and try to be a hard target to hit by constantly moving and zig-zagging around.
  17. LegioX

I beg to differ about K/D being useless. Someone with a high SPM+K/D (only inf players) contribute a lot to the team. They are killing a lot of enemies and staying alive, which can make the difference in a lot of engagments.
  18. NinjaTurtle

Depends on context but I do agree. A HA or LA should have those stats both being high because they offer no other utility.

A medic on the other hand not so much. Yes if you have a medic killing a ton as well as being a medic then that is great but maybe you have a medic that can't shoot very well, on the other hand they could be the most attentive and enthusiastic medic on your team.

Always on top of any body as soon as they go down single handedly keeping the team on their feet. A medic just being a medic can be just as much of a team winner as the 7 k/d heavy wrecking house just a few meters in front
    • Up x 1
  19. Silus

Feh, better than me. I always seem to get stuck in those platoons that insist that trying to break into a highly fortified Biolab from the jump pad is "a cert farm". A cert farm implies that you're doing well and assisting your team/killing lots of the enemy in highly effective ways. It is NOT throwing your body at a wall of bullets/lasers and hoping to make a dent.

I swear to God I wanna take my new Carver and ram it through some of my platoon leader's throats when they do this.
    • Up x 1
  20. Dj Gus

You are NOT terrible at this game. You just can't kill as many people as "pro farmers"?
    Neither can i. When i'm on those days of feeding the opponents, i just hang back, support the squad. Above everything, have fun.
    If we all wanted to have monster kd's, we'dd just all sit on biolabs with max suits. But that's not what the game is all about.
    • Up x 2