Crash to desktop after 18/12 update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FieldMarshall, Dec 19, 2014.

1. FieldMarshall

After one hour of playing i have crashed three times. I dont get any errors or anything, PS2 just closes.
    Before the update, i have crashed about 2 times the past year so im pretty sure it has something to do with the update.

Just curious if im the only one or if people have similar problems.

(Some basic specs if it matters)
    Windows 8.1
    GTX 765M (2GB GDDR5)
    i7-4700MQ 3.4ghz
    DDRIII 8GB RAM.

EDIT/UPDATE:

It appears its the server crashing. After logging back in there are no hotspots or fighting anywhere, the map is reset.
    And the dropdown box for choosing continents on the map seems buggy (missing/changed text. Esamir is removed. etc.)
    Guessing its just the server being unstable.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jac70

I played for about 40 minutes with no problems then I got disconnected and returned to the desktop. I logged back in and asked if anyone else had been dropped and it appeared everyone on the server had been. Then after about a minute I got dropped again so it seems there is an issue.
    • Up x 1
  3. FieldMarshall

Thanks =] Just noticed it myself, but was not quick enough with the edit button =]
  4. Unsp0kn

Happened to me last night 3 times. Ended up just giving up and playing PS4 for a bit. Hopefully it's resolved soon, I want to play!
  5. Roadkill32

Happening to me today as well. didn't have any issues yesterday.
  6. sjtw_w_stot

Same. Crashed to desktop once lastnight. Played from about 6:00pm to 10:00pm when it crashed.

i7 4774
    MSI Z87-G43 mobo
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3G-DDR5
    running Win7 Pro on this play. (multiple partitions, play in win8 and win7 - 64bit)

- nothing else installed on this partition except VLC and 7zip & AMD Catalyst drivers for the card ofc. No windows SP updates in this win7 install. Clean install from CD with no Windows Update ran.
  7. Joay

i had 3 crashes too, and all pretty much shortly after i have died. I didn't notice any disturbance for the other people playing like a generall disconnection, though
  8. Bovox

I was not crashing until this morning 12/20, crashed twice now within an hour.

1st crash I had joined a platoon and left, instant crash, 2nd time i was made squad leader in a different platoon, 10 seconds later crashed.

No error codes, just straight to desktop.

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K Hexa-Core Processor CPU @ 3.2 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB Installed RAM DDR3 1600MHz
    • Hard Drive: 512 GB SSD (167 GB free)
    • Video Memory: 2 GB
    • Video Card: GeForce GTX 670
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
  9. TwwIX

Yep. Same here. No error message and completely random.
  10. Meowcenary

Same here.

I can play for 10-45 minutes, game suddenly crashes to the desktop with no error message.

It's been fine up until the 12/18 update. I could play for hours on end and have 0 problems. Temperatures are running very cool on my end so its certainly not over heating.
  11. Madmojo

Same here. No problems on previous days just CTD over and over. Started 12:30am est
  12. Zwitick

same here. CTD several times already.