Need some help on my aim

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Dec 19, 2014.

1. day ofm one

I really have trouble with aiming, because I got the feeling my mouse is unreliable.

This might be because I play with mouse acceleration.

I tried it without, but it just feels completely wrong.

But I want to retry it, because I can't really play atm.

The issue is, I have trouble without the acceleration, it is too fast on long and too slow on shirt range.

I still would want to try it again.

But not instantly in game, dying doesn't help me.

Do you know a way how I can learn and get a feeling for playing without acceleration?

I would really like to train before I get slaughtered.
  2. Grumblefern

There's a good type of mouse accel(quake kind) but it's a PITA to set up for other games.

I would recommend just finding a happy medium w/out accel, and prioritizing based on your most common engagement distances. Then allow yourself some time to get a feel for it. It's going to be weird at first but it's worth getting used to since standard mouse accel is pretty bad for your aim/reflex.

You could also look into mouses that're well optimized more FPS gaming and don't have any features that make mouse movement inconsistent as well. I'm using a logitech g400s personally.

Unless you're super competitive and trying to really bring yourself near your personal capability ceiling though I wouldn't go with any extreme settings, just something comfortable.
  3. desktop

Go into mouse properties on the control panel and go to pointer options. Put the pointer speed dead in the middle to use the raw mouse input. Set your mouse the highest dpi you can. You can then customise the sensitivity to whatever you want in planetside 2 options. This should stop the mouse jitterbugging or jumping slightly when you move it. Hopfully it will make you mouse movements a bit smoother.
  4. HamOnRye

I would reaaaaallly advocate you get rid of the acceleration. It hoses your ability to track targets which is crucial for good accuracy.

I would go into your settings and set your standard sensitivity to a fairly high value, and then change your ADS sensitivity to about 1/4 to 1/5 of that value.
  5. GoyoElGringo

I used to have the same problem when I aimed at the wrist. I ended up turning off mouse accel and lowing my sense quite a bit, which forced me to control the mouse at the elbow to track enemies.

I suggest doing that in a different game that has bots, and then using it in PS2. I learned in Quake Live myself. It's free, small, and has bots, so you can try that. If you can track enemies with a lightning gun in QL, you should be fine in PS2. Then when you find the sense you like, you can use it in many other games using this converter: http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

I should also note that my aimed and non-aimed sensitivities are the same. Consistency helps to build muscle memory.