Buff Ranger bullet velocity to that of Skygaurd (+75m/s)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cest7, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Cest7

I hopped in a Ranger on a sunderer and I couldn't hit a damn thing.

I attributed this to the slow bullet speed of 325m/s. It fires flak, the same as the skygaurd. Skygaurd's bullet velocity is 400m/s. The ranger is the most under-used sundy weapon, coming in at about 1/4th of the walker's. I think increasing it's bullet velocity would allow it to hit targets easier and bring it closer to par with the effectiveness of the walker.
    • Up x 6
  2. DFDelta

It would still be vastly inferior in terms of damage.

That whole thing needs to be changed completely, not just a single stat of it.
  3. lothbrook

Nah, it really just needs its CoF tightened, and velocity buff, the inability to hit anything that isn't sitting still or moving straight at you is the rangers downfall.
    • Up x 2
  4. Towie

Phew - I thought it was just me - I quite like the noise it makes but even the Basilisk seems more useful (and that's REALLY saying something !)

I guess that it needs to be less effective, otherwise a dual-walker Sunderer would create a no-fly zone, but it really is hopeless...
  5. task_master

I would still use walkers because far better damage output. Now, if the hyena was made into an air ranger...
  6. lothbrook

Depends on your target, the ranger is much better suited against ESFs, while the walker is a lot better against libs, now if the Ranger could more reliably hit ESFs that were just sitting there or coming at you it'd be even more defined in this way. The problem with increasing its damage is the Sundy as with every weapon that can be equipped on the sundy, if you make 1 strong enough that its worthwhile putting on a harasser/MBT, you just made it overpowered on a sundy which has more health and armor than an MBT, lol.

Ideally they'd fix this by limiting the sundy to 1 AA and 1 AI allowing weapons like the bulldog, ranger, and walker to not be **** on the Harasser and MBT.
  7. SerasVic

just buff CoF and / or remove bloom , this thing even has CoF bloom while being less accurate to begin with.
  8. FieldMarshall

I would like to see one of two things happen to the Ranger.

1. Buff its velocity and COF making it able to hit targets at longer ranges.

However, this would make it a little too similar (imo) to the walker.
    Similar in that they would both be used for the same thing at the same ranges. Very little flavor at all.
    Walker would probably still be the superior option.
    So here is a different idea:

2. Buff its ROF and mag size and give it some damage degradation . It now does more damage than a walker at very short ranges, while also being able to scare off enemies at longer ranges by "bombarding" an area with weak flak.

Ranger would the the best short range anti-air option while the Walker would be the more accurate longer range option.
  9. Cest7

Baby steps?
    I didn't really notice the COF, I guess I have good trigger discipline? Its flak so spread doesn't matter as much as the walker, but the walker having no bloom/spread and the ranger having enough for both of them is a little weird
  10. Titan6

How about we both both of their velocities 100+?

You can practically outrun a skyguards rounds.
  11. NoctD

Its no different than a Burster MAX really - you just have to know how to lead and aim with it even though its flak.

Not sure if they fixed it recently - but the muzzle flash of the Ranger is just utterly silly though, and that doesn't help its aim.