x64 ctd

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by anitbot, Sep 5, 2014.

1. anitbot

Auraxian,

we found a wrong file that prevents a few 64-bit-clients from launching in a 64-bit Windows.
    Use this as a easy way to treat this issue.

VERIFY

Be aware you have a 64-bit Windows. To view and compare the size with the correct file,
    enter in a command window:

dir c:\Windows\System32\d3dx9_43.dll

The correct file looks like:
    05/26/2010 11:41 AM 2,401,112 D3DX9_43.dll

REPAIR

We need an elevated command prompt e.g. c:\Windows\system32>

To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box,right-click Command
    Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password
    or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

Enter at the command prompt:

rename c:\Windows\System32\D3DX9_43.dll D3DX9_43.bak
    rename c:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DX9_43.dll D3DX9_43.bak

Download the latest DirectX-Setup from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35

Right-click dxwebsetup.exe, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an
    administrator password or for a confirmation, typethe password, or click Allow.

ELABORATE

We exchanges a wrong 32-bit dll in the 64-bit System32 folder with the correct 64-bit dll.
    However, we treat the 32-bit counterpart as well. Examples of wrong placed files:

Directory of c:\Windows\System32
    06/14/2010 02:26 PM 1,998,168 D3DX9_43.dll
    06/02/2010 08:23 PM 514,392 D3DX10d_43.dll
  2. FireclawX

My x64 client does not launch even though I have the correct file.

[IMG]
  3. anitbot

What have you tried so far? Do you get, maybe hidden or covered, any error message?
  4. FireclawX

None at all. I just click play, launcher says "game is starting"
    Launcher starts, game is nowhere to be found :O
  5. Spiritualised

When did you last update windows. Its important that your .net framework is up to date. This problem isnt a 64bit client problem its a windows configuration problem
  6. Count Borgula

This did not solve the problem for me. PS2 is working fine on my laptop, but ever since the last update I get to the server selection screen, and it immediately crashes to the desktop. The devs seem to have no interest at all in fixing this, but praise be the people that can play have silly pumpkin heads to shoot. I wish the devs would just spend time making the game stable, instead of these silly gimmicks.
  7. Count Borgula

I meant, it is working fine on my laptop but not on my more powerful desktop computer.
  8. Spiritualised

The only problem I have with people saying its the game, is that I can run this game just fine on a Macbook Pro. Dedicated windows P.C's and laptops shouldnt have any problems unless your windows system isnt configured properly
  9. anitbot

This issue seems not to refer to your problem.
  10. FireclawX

Mkay, thanks :)
    I assumed since it said "prevents from launching" that it would apply. But it seems not D:
  11. Igard

It seems there might be many different problems for various reasons, causing similar issues.

My issue was the game would load around 6% on the splash screen, then ctd before getting to the character select screen.

I had to install Visual c++ libraries, and it works again. So if you haven't already, try this :-

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
  12. Napsterbater

Ok but dud you try the rename, re-install/setup of DirectX or Visual c++?
  13. FireclawX

Yes.
    Here is a more detailed description of my problem.

I open the launcher, and click play.
    Launcher gets the circle that says "Game is launching."
    Task manager shows that "Planetside2_x64.exe" is running in the processes tab.
    Before the application actually shows up in my task bar, it crashes, and the launcher quits.
  14. Napsterbater

Do you have any Overlays (Overwolf, Etc.) or Game Recording apps running (OBS or Shadow play, Etc.)?
  15. FireclawX

None.
  16. Communist Moose

It tells me that I do not have the file d3dx9_43.dll
    What do I do now?

Edit: Alright I fixed the no d3dx9 error.
    But I'm still getting the PS2 crash before loading screen.

Edit#2: I was sent here and it seems I was misled, I am having the same problem as fire.
  17. FireclawX

Specs?
  18. Communist Moose

Processor: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
  19. FireclawX

Interesting. Does your client crash before the login screen? Does it show up in the task manager when you click play etc.
    We may be having the same exact problem...
  20. Communist Moose

I open Planetside 2, like I normally would, I click play and it spins telling me that the game is starting please wait.
    It opens Planetside 2 to a black screen, before the loading screen appears, it crashes back to desktop with no error message or nothing.