What non-infiltrators would like to see infiltrators do for them?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonheart, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Gemenai

There is a saying "To take out a sniper you need another sniper".
    Btw. a battle rifle, a LA or anyone who is able to flank can get the job done too, if you are afraid of sniper rifles.
    Or hide in a tank... oh wait there the C4 LA becomes the sniper D: !
    Everyone start throwing C4 until nothing is left moving.
    • Up x 2
  2. Atis

Even better ideas! To drop whatever i was doing and jump around hill, looking for single sniper, or using tank every time I need to get from one building to another. If you don't work for SOE yet, apply right away!
  3. Gemenai

I don´t kow what exactly your problem is, but to your clearification i´m not working for SOE or anyone else.
    If you don´t want to take out the sniper or you are too lazy to keep moving, although you know there is one, then please refrain from complaining.

Otherwise it just looks like you want infiltrators to disappear, because you got killed by them.
    Like in "Nerf X because it killed me".

If you don´t have any proof, that sniping or infiltrator in general is way too overperforming in comparison to other classes in their respective task areas, well then sorry you just create the impression of a troll.
    (An example would be the Banshee which does have some balance issues in comparison to the other ES variants)

Also, those sarcastic ( and maybe bu-tt-hu-rt? ) comments are not adding anything of value to the discussion.
    After all, if i remember right, this one was about the question what you (as "non-infiltrator" ) want infiltrators to do, for you.
    So please tell us, what would that be (not including the extinguishment of a class).
    • Up x 3
  4. Kalivix

If any of these improvements are to be made though nerfs will be needed too, such as not being so perfectly invisible OR at least taking longer to unstealth so its not a death sentence unless you happen to be staring directly at them when they unstealth. And the 1 shots / under health health shots from 300m out would need to stop as well. Frankly I'd prefer to see them rely more on camo making them harder to see but not invisible as stealth is NEVER a good mechanic in multiplayer games, its also either OP as hell (such as now, making people completely invisible so they will always get the drop on people) or utterly worthless (way to easy to see so its pointless), and frankly both are just super annoying. Its insanely irritating to die in ways you couldn't possibly prevent (ala 300m head shots and unstealth behind you with a SMG), and its insanely irritating to be in stealth and have people instantly spot you. That said it would certainly be great to see infiltrators take on more of a active roll closer up in the action such as with some of the suggestions, right now infiltrators are just a troll class (or one used by try hard BR 100s taking advantage of stealth+smg to get a easy good k/d ratio).
  5. Moonheart

We are already not perfectly invisible and not looking at us when we uncloak is not a death statement.
    What are difficult to see and staying still is your death statement.
    • Up x 3
  6. Kalivix

You obviously haven't tried crouching, crouch while stationary and you are perfectly invisible, and it is a death sentence 90% of the time as while they have their gun aimed on you you are looking around trying to see where they are before you can shoot.
  7. desktop

I hardly recognise planetside in planetside 2 especially when it comes to the infiltrator. The stalker cloak is great it suits infiltrators perfectly. it sacrifices firepower for the ability to properly sneak around but whats up with everything else the class has? How is a one hit kill sniper with an invisibility cloak good game design? Or a spray and pray infiltrator with an smg. Sneaking and infiltrating shouldn't have anything to do with farming kills. Its like playing metal gear solid 4 and killing everyone for drebbin points, raising alarms and just shooting your way through the game just so you can unlock a few new weapons.
  8. Frostiken

Infiltrators are one of the least useful classes in the game. They're easy to counter, very hard to play well, and more often than not extremely frustrating to play as.

Infiltrators should be as powerful as heavy assault in their own way. In fact, since HA isn't getting nerfed, all classes should be buffed to be as powerful as HA.
  9. Frostiken

Deep cloak is not 100% invisible. It's hard to see but parallax will often give you away.
  10. Sovereign533

In WASP we use an infiltrator in all ground squads usually.
    The infiltrator gives valuable information on the battlefield, he can move about relatively unseen and can place traps, turn the enemies static defenses against themselves and if we lose our transport en-route they can 'procure' a new one from every (enemy) base that still has a terminal up.
    But a squad infiltrator is quite a lot different from a lone wolf. A squad infiltrator needs to be able to work solo in relatively close proximity to the rest of the squad while not being in the same room. This is because the infil can't get as many hits as the medics or heavy assaults.
    But an infil running around outside, providing intel about enemy movement, placing strategic mines and recon is very valuable.
  11. Stromberg

actually they don't. you hit the xp-limit after about like 5 assists.
  12. Cz4rMike

Refer to the end of previous quote. Red is wrong, yellow is right. The class is ultra useful if played right. You should too read my comment on previous page, where infiltrator excels.

Infiltrator with great AIM and BASR is a killing machine. Usually the enemies don't get time to react in any way, so no taking cover, healing or shielding.
  13. Azarga

I want to kiss infiltrator who stands near my ammo pack and covers the whole damn base with darts. And it's not because resupply exp.
  14. Erilis

Get told son.
  15. Mauzeraut

I want more elements of confusion, diversion and subversion.

Decoy grenade: Have it create multiple screen blips on the map in a convincing way. Have different settings for the grenade (make it appear as one dot, or like an entire squad is hovering around and firing) via fire modes.

EMP: Increase it's effectiveness by giving the infiltrator a role against armor: Make it briefly shut down equipment or other random effects (disable night vision, radar, sundy shields) with greater effects if it hits directly (cuts engines, causes causes a premature fire, disables flight controls, delay spawning, snare maxes). Make ammo packs EXPLODE.

Smoke: Give this to the inf. It just makes sense.

Alternatives to cloak, such as disguises and sprint. Give a TR cloaker a reason to buy NC camo. Have it so the "friendly" dorito doesn't show, and if spotted directly the disguise falters. Sprint to work like charge, but faster, longer and quicker recharge at the cost of no cloaking.

EMP/Concussion mines. Oh what i would do with these.
    • Up x 3
  16. Shatteredstar

I raked in a lot more than that by placing a motion sensor near a teleported room during a long biolab siege. Was beautiful.

It is likely similar to eng ammo pack capping so just make sure you can keep the flow up in your positioning.
  17. FieldMarshall

As long as Infils put down motion sensors or a dart from time to time, i dont care if they sit in a corner with stalker for the rest of the fight.
    (To be honest, its not my business how people choose to play)

Infils get alot of hate for being "useless".
    I would rather have a useless Infil that knows how to put down sensors than a useless LA or HA that doesent really do anything at all.