Game is becmoing boring because of all those nerfs to point that stuff becomes usless..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystogan, Dec 9, 2014.

1. TheStonehawk

Abso-freaking-lutely

Here was my experience as a member.

"Hmm I'm really getting into the NC! I think I'll buy the pheonix!"
    *NERFED, Hit detection broken, now garbage
    "Hey the Anti-Armor Cannon seems awesome. I think I'll get that!"
    *NERFED, Slow fire rate, rockets inexplicably explode after range instead of a damage dropoff that would make sense, now only useful in canyons and other close in areas
    "Fine okay so everything else is broken I bought, maybe I'll just buy the Jackhammer"
    *Range nerf, damage dropoff increased dramatically
    "Okay I'll get the Dalton and just easybutton everything!"
    *Damage nerf, range nerf, splash damage nerf

The only 2 things that I bought that were not nerfed into useless was the Dalton and the Railjack. Everything else listed I payed my hard earned cash on only to have them be nerfed and completely useless to me. Pheonix has such bad hit detection problems that I have shot through people and tanks many many times. I don't even use it anymore. The Anti-Armor cannon was OP, now its meh. The Jackhammer was OP and now it is garbage and I use the piston instead. I spent a ton of cash on stuff with my member cash and it got broken. I soon cancelled my membership after that BS. I now play for free and I am happier for it because SOE made me waste my cash. I mean hell if you are going to buff/nerf something why not give us a small window to get a refund on the item in particular in SC cash? Hell just give me 75% back or something and I can at least not regard the now useless item as a total loss.
    • Up x 1
  2. AlterEgo

Think about it; TR is the DAKKA faction. Their carbines should have 60 rounds, with massively BS fire rates. However, accuracy and recoil will be moderate, but DAMAGE is what will matter; Terran weapons shouldn't deal too much damage. So, keep accuracy and recoil the same, buff RoF and magazine sizes, but nerf damage slightly. You know, maximum amount of damage any TR weapon can deal will be 143, but the RoF will still be considerably high for the other faction, think 698 or 723. This is coming from a VS player who only used MAXes because of ZOE, so, no bias in this post:p
  3. AlterEgo

Radical idea incoming:
    Keep OP things the same...
    But buff the other weapons of that OP weapon's class! I.E. The MCG. Far better than either the Lasher or JH, so why not buff the two so that the MCG still wrecks them in CQC, but the Lasher is amazing for DEADLY suppression and receives actually competitive killing potential, think hitscan laser beam that does nothing at ranges of more than 35 meters, but can melt (and sometimes ignore) shields and such, while the JH becomes the game's only sniper shotgun, where all the pellets become a one hit kill slug when you aim down sights at ranges ONLY above 60 meters (This should only OHK at longer ranges, because hitting people may be slightly less likely), or you can just make the JH have no damage drop off. Anything that makes everything fun to use!
  4. PieceKeeper00

Agreed, it's just ridiculous.

The beauty of the game is the diversity and faction specific advantages/disadvantages, if you want to be a sniper go VS jeez all you had to do is read up on it for 2 minutes. Choose a faction or class that matches your style so you can enjoy the damn game. If you wanna run around in the open because that's what you like then you'll have to play MAX or heavy all the time cause I'll blow your brains out every chance I get and it's not because my Basilik is OP it's because you're a damn fool and you need to play better or roll out a max and deal with my bullets.

I mean people play like **** and then they complain that everything is OP.

That's one of the problems with having a LARGE player base, you get less skilled players who don't get involved in all aspects of the game and they just wanna do one thing and get pissed off because they can't adapt to rapidly changing situations.

Anyways good post man
  5. FateJH

I've never focused on playing with or relying upon anything that was considered too ridiculously good and, as a result, have never run into the situation where my fun or performance has degraded because of SOE adjustments.
  6. TheStonehawk

So you've literally never purchased a single thing in this game, certs or otherwise?

And it isn't necessarily relying on something if it is the ONLY thing of its class. Like the AV turret. Okay so it was OP, I will absolutely concede that, it needed some tweaks. But it is the only way an engineer could attack vehicles at range. NOTHING else he has does that. Instead of tweaking it carefully to make it balanced (or give something else a viable counter), they slapped a dozen debuffs that made it way easy to be sniped, too hard to control, and limited the range. That is like being handed a Phillips head screwdriver and it working too well so the designers take it away and give you a Flathead instead. Can you use a Flathead to unscrew a Phillips head screw? Sure. But does it perform as well in its given task anymore? No.

So yeah, its not about reliance, but more about having the right tools for the right situation. All the weapons and such in this game are simply tools to help you play in the way you prefer to play. Just as you would be upset if you let a friend borrow a tool and they brought it back damaged, so are people upset when they spend their hard earned cash purchasing something that is now broken.
  7. FateJH

Of the weapons I've purchased ... I think I can actually list them in order by category if I wanted to. I'll just list non-MAX small arms, for brevity.
    1. AMR-66
    2. TRAC-5 S
    3. T-16 Rhino
    4. PDW-16 Hailstorm
    5. NS-11P (I never fired a single shot, I wanted to test the Summer Reward code on multiple characters)
    6. T5 AMC
    I have never been dissatisfied in any of their performance. The AMR is lagging in use because I used to play more outdoors across distances when I got it; lately I've ended up hanging around in indoors environments more often where the standard Carbines are better suited. When I decided on these weapons, I didn't purchase them because I thought they were hands-down the greatest thing in their class. I purchased them because I was happy with a certain aspect of their performance or setup, and because I didn't think they were stupidly broken (I'd never touch something if I felt was stupidly broken). All I mean to say is that it'd take a lot of nonsensical tweaking without a goal in mind to ruin them for the reasons I like them for what they do for me.
    I actually do have the AV turret unlocked, though that's only because I didn't think the default MANA turret suited an AV Engineer loadout and I had the certs to blow. I apologize if I feel it's fine that an Engineer can't compete with an HA or Gen 2 AV MAX anymore, at least not without neglect of the enemy or effort on the Engineer's part. I guess that's a characteristic associated with the previous form of the turret?
    I'm not certain that's the best analogy for this situation as I could go out and easily purchase a full replacement or replacement parts if I could not perform repairs to the tool myself. Mad? I don't think so, not if it was something I'd be willing to loan out to someone in the first place, but the major thing that would happen would be that friend losing borrowing privileges. Even if the company replaced the tool with a new version, that wouldn't change the model I have from a previous purchase. The game items don't work that way either BUT I suppose that's also your point: there's already only a handful of weapons in any class.
  8. RykerStruvian

The solution is to just stop buying stuff. Thats what I'm doing now. So done with PS2's cash shop after the two-year annivesary debacle and this crap. Blew so much cash on this game and so fed up. Really regret and wished I saved that money and spent it towards getting a motorcycle or something :\
  9. NC supporter

Feel free to leave if you don't like it cause I doubt whining here will get the devs to change the game.
  10. Bearlover

This happens in all f2p games, the player base will ALWAYS flock towards the weapon that is considered OP. To score easy kills so they can earn experience, certs to cash in on new weapons, armor, whatever. Free to play games like planetside, are beta, meaning nothing is permanent, there will always be changes and updates to the game. When there ARE changes, people have become so accustomed to the norm that they refuse to accept the changes.

People have to realize that if a faction becomes too populated because of such weapon, then there must be a nerf on that particular weapon to regain a balance between all factions in terms of population and popularity. But you also have to be careful and be realistic of which weapons need nerfs or buffs.

There is a fine line between constructive criticism and whining.

Example 1 : " C4 fairies OP, please nerf c4 damage because it destroys my way tank easily !! " <- whine

( instead of driving AWAY, or having your gunner shoot at the light assault before he reaches you, or you get out of your tank and shoot him yourself or just shoot him with all of your guns WHILE moving away, etc )

The whine shown here is an irrelevant reason to nerf c4 damage, because the person is too lazy to drive away, too stupid to notice the light assault including his gunner who did not notice as well. This is an easy counter against a c4 fairy, just MOVE.
  11. Grunt_Alpha

Done on purpose to get you to buy new guns. Sure some stuff needed to be nerfed but purposely made useless.
    • Up x 1
  12. PieceKeeper00

Exactly.

Drive the **** away and you won't get blown up. I you can't be bothered with situational awareness just hitch rides in other people's vehicles and play the game like a rail shooter, it's just as fun and you don't have to worry about anything but shooting if your driver is good.

If you suck at playing a particular game or don't want to learn how to play it like a man and get better, you are the problem, not the weapons.
  13. Xind

Are c4 fairies killing vehicles really the area where most of the rage against them comes from? I thought it was dropping them on infantry clumps in situations where rendering, lag and hit detection play a devious role in preventing them from dying before they can kill so many people in a way that no one would complain about if it was grenades.
  14. DrBash00

Hmmm yes, lets remove all the fun from the game so it is balanced....

But you will stay all alone in your balanced game....

YES to FUN and NO for all the "nerfing 2 death".

There are things like the old ZOE max, that are absolutely gamebreaking, but a lot of the nerfs especaly to tanks where just annoying, combinatet with new base desings (to make tanks useless) this is really REALLY frustrating..

I just remember the tank battles against the RUSL on the old ESAMIR, they killed us, but there where epic tank battles and it had a use to cruse around the map with a tank squad....

And this extends to alot other areas of the game, where just weapons got nerfed because of....

.... ????
  15. TheStonehawk

I've used this video before and I'll use it again. This video should be put in every thread that has a cry for balance. I might even put it in my sig.

watch this video and remember WHY unbalancing can be a good thing.
  16. DrBash00

One of the best Videos, where somebody can articulate what i would wish me from planetside 2. (At least the main concept)
    • Up x 1
  17. TheFamilyGhost

As long as weapon values are arbitrary, these types of discussions are nonsense.

Regarding balance, it is the goal of every gamer to produce imbalance; this is how one gains a winning advantage. Asymmetrical imbalances between factions allow more routes to gaining a winning imbalance, but is so hard for the average forumsider to recognize and understand that the overwhelming perception becomes unfair imbalance instead of fair/square imbalance as a result of in-game events. This results in arguments that are largely powered by conflict of interest, thus making any talk of balance nonsense.

The cure to nonsensical balance discussions? Assign weapon values based on physical laws. Balancing via in-game performance has too many variables to intelligently decipher.
  18. MrNature72

I went on a pretty long rant about all of this in my threads.

It's called asymmetrical balance, and produces probably the most fun games ever.
  19. MrNature72

Also oh my god jesus yes this.
  20. BuzWeaver

The main problem with balance in any game is that you cannot adjust the parameters to compensate for the fact that skilled players will out perform less skilled players. You can crunch weapons, vehicles and armor numbers all you want, but you'll never find an adjustment that compensates for competitive abilities versus inabilities.
    • Up x 1