Getting flamed for playing Infiltrator, especially sniper

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by 7evenGhost, Dec 9, 2014.

1. 7evenGhost

Do you also get called a camper, noob or hacker especially after landing a tricky head shot?

It's like other people get angry at me for my playing style. They tell me stuff like "oh, you only play infil, there are other classes, too, you know?". And yesterday I was told, if I wanted to be good I had to be good with 3 classes at least. This only happened to me while playing Infiltrator.

What are your experiences?
    • Up x 1
  2. blzbug

It is the nature of the beast. Getting 1shotted is surprising and often infuriating. This leads to rage tells. It just means you are doing ok :D

I am often tempted to rage-tell when I get sniped while cloaked on my wraith flying across the map. HAXORZ!!!! But it is really an issue of probability and perspective. I get pissed about the lucky shot that kills me, but I don't even think about all the times snipers shoot and miss. How many misses for each hit? 100? 300? Probability and perspective.
    • Up x 1
  3. _itg

I've gotten hackusations now and then playing stalker, not yet as a sniper. I think it may happen more with infiltrator than other classes because they often can't figure out how you killed them. Either way, it's nice to know you were a special part of that person's day.
  4. LibertyRevolution

When your playstyle is low risk, high reward, you will get hate tells...
    • Up x 5
  5. crusaderx11

[quote="blzbug, post: 3042831, member: 22364" How many misses for each hit? 100? 300? [/quote]

If you miss that often, you're doing it wrong.
    • Up x 1
  6. Get2dachoppa

Really? Because I always get the most hate tells when I play Light Assault with a pump action shotty.
  7. OldMaster80

I never get hate tells but that's because I always go for the less used weapons: I auraxiumed the soas-20 in its first version pre buff and the ksr-35 when no one else considered it worth. Now I'm using the amr-66 for close quarter and... well that's too much even for me.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kalari

tells whispers or yells? no sry

but i did get a few ppl to come hunting me when i introduced them to the respawn screen. 1 dude in peticular changed to infiltrator and his hunt backfired XD
  9. CuteBeaver

Hate comes with the job.

You could be the nicest person ever and people will still sick their entire squad on you. I do try and explain what happened in case its a noob. I might record the ordeal for viewing pleasure but most of the time its just people loosing their cookies in milk. Don't worry about it. Consider their "feedback" means your doing a good job. Especially so if you didn't do anything to instigate it beyond normal play.

Iv gotten hate from using a variety of weapons BASR, NS-7 PDW, Crossbow / Knife, proxies, and even from landing on someone with disco tank once. Also some people just hate infils, and consider us to be low skill class. I know... absolutely crazy. Also don't worry I'v had a whole squad report me before and nothing happened. Let them cry... their tears are delicious.
    • Up x 7
  10. Jac70

I give people all kinds of **** over chat for any and all reasons. LA Shotty Monkeys, Easy-Mode HA scrubs, Stalker Infiltrators, Snipers that camp vehicle spawns. I try and hold it in because it lets them know they have got to ya but sometimes you gotta let the hate flow. :mad:

It's just noise, let it wash over you.
  11. DirArtillerySupport

Not so much with sniping but I never drive my bus if I can't bring my motion spotter. Couple that with thermal on the fury and it's one aim-bot insult after another.
  12. Plague Rat

I get it a lot. You know what really drives a rager more insane then they already are?
    Respond to every and any message they send you with emoticons. Drives them CRAZY.

You know you have them up a wall when they're threatening to report you for harassment when you never even typed a single word, and they initiated contact.

But probably the most ridiculous bit of rage I had flung at me was from another infiltrator no less calling me a 'nood' (their spelling error not mine) after counter sniping them for the fifth time in a row, specifically because I did it with a Gauss SPR, (they were using a parallax) and that I should use "a real rifle." :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  13. LibertyRevolution

I get them when playing piston light assault, it is the shotgun..
    It is like these people think that dying to a CQC weapon in CQC shouldn't happen. :confused:

I get them playing Cyclone heavy also.. "scrub", "cheese" blah blah. I just respond with "Yes".
    • Up x 2
  14. crusaderx11

I was cheesing hard in a scatmax skillsuit today to test my custom recursion voice pack (not mlg enough to do it as regular infantry :( ), and one thing that struck me is the same people who kept charging me and getting close enough for me to practically high five them over and over again were the ones doing most of the raging. they just don't won't to adapt and learn from their mistakes. all they have to do is stay at least 10m away from me, 20m and im sir pudgy the slow and fat. one guy sent me 6 tells in a row so i just had to respond with "im 7ft tall, wearing several hundred lbs of body armor, and rocking dual buckshot." "what part of you thinks its a good idea to keep getting close enough to high five me, your bum?"

*side note on infils, i love hunting you little buggers :p. i'll go out of my way to play hide and seek with you. having to do 180 fast jukes when i hear you de-cloak behind me is good practice
    • Up x 4
  15. Plastikfrosch

Im not really a sniper, but i love the stalker cloak/hunter qcx loadout and i get a lot of ****storm while playing it. But there is an easy way to handle that: /ignore <name>.
    I try to get the sidearm directive i started with my crossbows and since the last weeks my ignore list grows bigger and bigger.
    But i know: the more i get hated the better i am in my stalker job.

And not all people are unwilling to understand that there are more classes than the one they prefere and that theire way of playing the game isnt the only right one, and its nice when those people start to congratulate you because you ambushed them so good.
    • Up x 1
  16. Leivve

If the enemy is complaining you're doing a good job, if your allies are complaining you're shooting the wrong people.
    • Up x 7
  17. Moonheart

When I get flamed, I invite people to compare their K/D and xp/mn ratios with my own on PS2-Players.
    It generaly calm them down a lot.
  18. cyb_

Hehe. ;)

Actually I wanted to give the AMR a try too, but when I hit a guy 7 times with it and he did not die, I quickly put the weapon back into the dark corner it came from. Could have been during the times of bad hit detection, but still... Maybe I feel bored enough after my second Vandal auraxium run to touch it again.
  19. MajiinBuu

I don't get a lot of hate tells. I see a lot of sniper-hate in the /yell chat, but I usually don't pay attention to the chat box.
  20. MarkAntony

Even though I did pretty good as a sniper last month I didn't get any hate. Makes me sad :(