Ravens + Harasser?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dunkarooo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Dunkarooo

So I went in a harasser with ravens. The driver would find a enemy vehicle... kind of sneak up on it and spin the harasser in a 180 motion with me facing the enemy vehicle. Then I would shoot it with ravens. This combined with the enforcer turret was pretty redic. Hands down the most fun ps2 experience I have ever had.

Since the ravens are wire guided it was a little challenging to aim with the harasser bouncing all over the place and it didn't help that I had a few drinks tonight. I highly recommend it I guess. Maybe this is a thing already and I didn't know but I vote for more maxes pew pewing from the back of harassers. It might only work if the driver and gunner are engineers and spend a lot of time repairing and the driver has to be skilled. but so fun.
    • Up x 1
  2. Chewy102

Depends on the map. Only takes one bump, lost moment of line of sight, or turn to ruin a guided missile plus this can happen at any moment in the rockets flight and not just the firing like other AV weapons.

Ravens are good. But I don't use them on a harasser. One of the few times Id rather have Falcons so that the driver can be better at getting us the hell out of they when needed plus always on the move and not wait on me to guide my rounds.
  3. Dunkarooo

hmm yeah falcons would be better suited for it I think. but when the harasser stopped I was able to get some shots off and then when we took damage we would get moving again. I would still fire on the move but it was obviously hard to hit anything while moving fast with ravens. and the map was hossin so it was easy to suprise vehicles.
  4. FieldMarshall

Dropping C4 (or AT Mines) from the back of a Wraith Flash is also quite fun if you only have 2 people but want to do the same thing.
  5. axiom537

I would suggest using the comets. Ravens on the back of the Harrasser are not as reliable, especially if the drivers needs to move.
  6. desktop

the pheonix works really well since all the shaking doesnt really matter. Had a few rounds go off in my face damaging the vehicle, same thing happened with the valkaire.
  7. Eklipse2k2

Falcons > Ravens in the back of the harasser. The alpha damage you get from Falcons trumps the Ravens when doing a sting maneuver. In addition, the Falcons can at least keep their trajectory when fired while the Ravens follow the crosshair. That's a very bad thing when the driver needs to fire on the move.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dunkarooo

this was yesterday. so I guess ravens aren't good for it but they're not completely useless I guess.
  9. Taemien

How close was the Harasser getting? You might have seen better results with Falcons if your driver was crazy enough. Though this does sound a bit heinous, might have to try it.
  10. Dunkarooo

well watch some of the video to see how the driver was doing. he was kind of alternating between staying back and letting me and gunner shell people and on occasions would pull right up to unsuspecting vehicles. we didn't die for over 20 minutes and they repaired the harasser at least 10 times I think
  11. Chewy102

Hossin in general isn't good for that vehicle anyway in my opinion. To much crap to drive over and no room to move at speeds a harasser needs to stay alive in a fight.

Didn't watch the whole video yet but in the cases I did watch it would have been better for the MAX to get out of the harasser to have a good sustained fire in an odd position while the driver can give his gunner prime shots on the move. Both act as a distraction for each other and you have both alpha damage from the Halberd plus sustained damage from Ravens. Then when it is time to get out of the area the MAX can either be used to cover an escape from chasers at his position or picked up for moving on. A bit of win win there if used with teamwork and playing the map.

Having the MAX jump out of the vehicle is often a good idea if you ask me when using any weapon much like dropping off a squad of heavies. Players see an easy target in the harasser and focus on it only to eat what the AV MAX can fully dish out. If they do a double take that gives everyone time to make a kill. Also works with sunderers and AI MAXes. AA to boot if the case calls for it. All depends on what is going on, the map, and if you plan out beforehand or not.

Plus this works for all factions. Not just NC.
  12. Dunkarooo

Yeah prior to when I started recording I was getting out of the harasser a lot. The driver seemed like he wanted me to stay in the harasser so I humored him I guess. We just rode around for a half hour and the gunner ended up with like 50+ kills or something redic. I only got like 15 or so but a lot of assists. If I was interested in pure killing efficiency I would switch to falcons or not even be in a harasser at all to be honest.
  13. Eklipse2k2

It definitely helps to have a tight crew to rely on because you can pull off some amazing kills if you can communicate with your driver and gunner. Here's a video with me and my friends using a Vulcan/Pounder combo and wrecking everything we came against.

I also run a NC harasser too, but of the two I feel I need to play more conservative with an NC harasser compared to a TR harasser due to the lack of dps. It's all about that alpha with an NC harasser so exploit it as best as you can.
    • Up x 2
  14. Taemien

Yeah at those ranges you want to stick with Ravens.

Falcons would give you a nice burst if you had to run in and out. But like others have said, Hossin is a bad map for Harassers. So Raven's are probably best there so you can stay at range.
  15. z1967

Falcons/Comets/Pounders for getting up close

Ravens/Comets(lol)/Fractures for edge skirmishes. No vortexes since they don't do enough damage to be useful at that range and also require really high amounts of accuracy (so basically, better when just standing still.
  16. Dunkarooo

yeah in my case the driver seemed really good at timing when to retreat or go nuts. I was more along just to double the damage when the harasser was not moving I guess. also what's an alpha (sorry if it's something obvious)
  17. Chewy102

Alpha in terms of damage is doing a lot of damage in a short amount of time at the start of a fight.

Think shotguns. They can send a LOT of damage really fast but can't keep that damage going for any real length of time. In your case with the harasser Alpha is landing MAX AV and the Halberd round then getting the hell out of there for a good old sucker punch.
  18. Shatteredstar

Being in the back of a harasser as a MAX is always fun times.

I've done it a few times as a dual burster max as we blasted across the snowy plains of Esamir. ESFs would start chasing us, and then quickly decide against it as they started catching a bunch of flak =p

Engy tossed a ammo pack into the back with me a few times when it was clear. Just darn good fun as the gunner shot at anything, and I protected from pesky ESFs.

Also did it one time with Comets, still pretty darn fun going Sundy hunting in a harasser
  19. Paragon Exile

Playing this game drunk and/or high is about the best gaming experience one can have.

I approve.

[IMG]
  20. Dunkarooo

Yeah I find it reaches max potential when I play light assault. I defiantly play LA much better when I'm drinking. If I'm drinking way too much then no but there is a certain balance in the force you must achieve between too drunk and not drunk... I call it feng shui **** face