Which battle was the biggest of Planetside 2 history?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by daniel696, Dec 6, 2014.

1. daniel696

Was a community clash? Someone have the information? Post some video please of the battle if there was one.
  2. NyaR

One of the last weeks of Beta there was a battle at West Highlands Checkpoint. It was incredibly epic. Liberators were pummeling the ground with zephyrs, infantry was rushing out of spawn room to capture the control point without even thinking of KD, tanks were shelling from both sides, and the yell chat was referencing how this is the greatest battle ever and how it will be spoken of for years to come. Years later their words hold true.
    • Up x 2
  3. Razzyman

Well, there was an epic battle between the Matherson and Waterson servers during the server smash for when the two servers were going to be merged. The final battle at thw end of the match was so epic that two bases on Esamir had their names changed to honor the battle. Mathersons Revenge and Waterson Redemption I believe. Any who, things were so close and the battle so great that they decided that even though one server had been declared the victor (Matherson I believe. Boooo! Waterson ruled! :p) that the server should receive a whole new name, and thus Emerald was born.

So, a battle so epic it left a permant mark on the game and caused a server to change names. I believe that would be around what you're looking for, let me see if I can find a video for ya.

Edit, so yeah, you can watch the whole server smash on YouTube, there is also a video of the last fight, at what was formerly the Octagon (has been renamed because of that very fight that is recorded). It's not the best overall view from the few parts I watched, but I saw at least a couple scenes of the air, and the mini map, where you can see just how crazy it got. Check it out either way, great fight.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheBand1t

When the entire VS and NC on Mattherson combined their firepower (as in, fighting shoulder to shoulder with each other) to try and take the Indar lock away from TR and the Enclave.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hammerlock

TRAM hold the last base to prevent nc+vs combined break the lock from indar ... it was at scarred mesa skydock
    • Up x 1
  6. HadesR

Some of the old battles to break cont locks ... When you have 3 whole empires in 2 or 3 HEX's ... :p
    • Up x 3
  7. Flag

Basically this.
    I have "fond" memories of a fight with 1500 players in a tiny 1-hex base. Server didn't resume proper functionality until the weekly maintenance came around.
    • Up x 1
  8. Metalsheep

The early days of Planetside 2 when The Crown was actually defensable. It was pretty much a constant, 24/7 fight at the crown that went on for weeks until the devs decided that they should kill one of the only good bases in the game at the time.

The crown was so defensable you could hold it loooong after your other bases were capped around you, but it was always a massive fight and always fun imho. Whichever empire held the crown was likely to lose the rest of Indar, because everyone would spawn at and defend the crown and only the crown.

He who holds the crown forsakes the world.
    • Up x 5
  9. DramaticExit

Back when Ceres existed (and after Mallory merged into it), there was a fight during a tech plant alert, where the entirity of Indar, all three factions (at 33/33/33) converged upon Hvar tech plant. The fighting around the spawn point had so many people that it was literaly hand to hand combat. You could walk forwards and score kills by just blindly waving your knife, before dying yourself, only to be revived by the near constant stream of revive grenades.

The render distance was down to mere inches for friendlies. Never seen anything like it before or since.
  10. vanu123

I'd say Either the old crown battles or possibly the SvS at Matthersons Triumph.
  11. Shanther

Some of the old fights to break cont locks were massive.

If I had to name one fight that was the most epic although not the largest per se, it would have to be MergerSmash, Mattherson vs Waterson. That was the single greatest thing in the game. The fights themselves, not the drama that followed for a lot of reasons.
  12. doombro

Remember those times under Hex when you needed 100% to get a cap?

Yeah. The final territory. Those were always huge.
  13. Schwak

Man I almost forgot about that. That was probably the craziest few days ever. Literally every day TR were warpgated with NC and VS on 2 different lattice lanes at the SE warpgate and everyone else was trying to take Scarred Mesa.
  14. palto1826

those days were great...as a platoon we would be on another continent the the PL would announce that there was going to be a Gal drop onto the crown everyone would get excited because we knew we would have to catch whoever was holding it with their pants down but after the initial fight all hell would break loose to get it back again...best fights ever