the neutering of HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by tahn1000, Dec 3, 2014.

1. tahn1000

i thought i was a dyed in the wool TR. i thought i was HA forever. and then i had to choose between the two...

once past BR60 (on briggs server), i began to wonder why i was playing. frankly, i wasn't getting better. i didn't mind that my K/D was still averaging 0.163, it was feeling ineffectual all the time. i know i'm not great at first person shooters. but here i was in the forums reading posts about how great "i win" HA is and how great HA weapons are. to me that was a load of bull. i just wasn't feeling it.

so with my pleasure of the game dying i decided to just try HA in another faction. to be frank, i opted for NC because everyone goes on about how hard hitting NC weapons are, something seriously lacking in the TR range.

well, weren't my eyes opened. it actually hurt just how much BETTER NC's HA EVERYTHING is than TR's.

first the default gun - the gaus saw. what a weapon. 100 rounds in the chamber, 200 more to load in. NONE of the TR weapons carry that much. closest is the T16, with a certed option (giving it 200 in the chamber, carrying 200), and the rest - well the T32 has 60 in the chamber, carrying 180, the others are all less that. long range accuracy, that having lived TR, you wouldn't believe. that hill over there that i thougth a saw a sniper uncloaking on. i shoot just across the top of it and the 'x' says i hit him. and if he hasn't moved i know i will hit him again. this is WITHOUT A CERTED SIGHT. just the default iron sight. the bullets just fly further, and more accurately than anthing the TR HA has got. i've tried the carv, T16, T32, hailstorm, T32 probably being the best (all with options) and nothing matches it straight out of the box. nothing matches it for damage either. 200/10m, 167/85m. best stats on a TR weapon are on the T16 and T32 143/10m, 125/65m. but i can tell you that the bloom on a T16 makes it inferior to the T32.

and NC overshields take more damage than TR overshields. UNCERTED (aside from the first spend so i could wear it) i survived toe-to-toe against a max. i survived his first wave of bullets and had time to switch over to my shrike and hit him full in the chest. max died, i didn't. i have NEVER with a FULLY CERTED OVERSHIELD survived toe-to-toe against a max as a TR. i've NEVER survived past the first two hits.

i decided to make the effort to compare other HA features (bearing in mind i'm only BR7 as a NC HA). i can't put massive certs into anything, not that i've needed to.

shield duration. this is nanite shield, not resist shield. i haven't certed the resist shield as a NC HA, so it's nanite shield only for now. but i will at some stage just because of the results i've had already. firstly the TR overshield FULLY CERTED. i would assume that shield duration, without getting hit, would be the same regardless of faction. and they are, near enough to 100ths of a second (i've taken the average of a few tries)

TR overshield duration (without being hit) - 14.65sec
    NC overshield duration (without being hit) - 14.65sec

too bad they don't last the same when damage is taken.

next - rocket launchers, comparing the two default dumfire ones you first get. the TR ML7 and the NC shrike. i can tell you now from use that the shrike has a distance advantage because the rocket projectile is straight for longer before it drifts downwards. not only that but it does fly further. for damage, it was again to the VR where i set myself with my back against the same tree and aimed for the corner of the same tank. ironically, because the VR is arranged exaclty the same for all factions, it was a NC tank.

TR ML7 (1135 damage, indirect damage 750/.35m, 1/5m) - 8 rounds
    NC shrike (1135 damage, indirect damage 750/.35m, 1/5m) - 7 rounds, leaving 1 in the chamber.

that's right, with the NC shrike you are carrying 8 rockets in total. the TR ML7 you're carrying 5. which means against an uncerted tank, at least, you don't have to run back to a gun spawn and reload. such cannot be said for the default ML7. NOT ONLY DID IT TAKE ONE EXTRA ROCKET EVEN THOUGH SUPPOSEDLY THEY CARRY THE SAME DAMAGE STATS, BUT BECAUSE YOU CARRY ONLY 5 ROCKETS, YOU HAVE TO FIND A RELOAD FIRST.

speaking of which, we have the lightning. both factions have lightnings, and from battle experience on both i believe that the NC lightning survives better than my TR, even with heavy armour on the front of my TR lightning which i don't have on my NC lightning. i found a TR lightning to play with. 4 rockets from the shrike, 5 ROCKETS FROM THE ML7. and this is from the same distance, aiming at the same corner.

so my suspicion has actually turned out to be justified - IT IS ACTUALLY PART OF THE GAMEPLAY ITSELF THAT TR ARE SECOND CLASS AND HEAVILY PENALISED REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE DAMAGE/RANGE/ACCURACY STATS SAY, and the developers actually do downgrade TR with every update. i can tell you i will not be renewing my annual subscription because i do feel cheated, and unfortunately, in order to enjoy playing the game, i won't be on much as TR either. and i think after a while of playing Nc i just might start up a VS HA, just to compare that.

btw, on my first night of playing NC HA i ended the night with a K/D of .26

and oh my god, what a difference a day makes (well, two actually) because early last night, my time, the latest patch went live - and the shrike was neutered. now it is EXACTLY like the ML7. i had to laugh, both because the whining in the forums had neutered HA in yet another faction, and because having just got excited about playing again it feels like the devs have gone out of their way to ensure i never subscribe again.

now the rocket trajectile over distance of the shrike is EXACTLY like the ML7.
    now the number of rockets carried is EXACTLY like the ML7.
    now it takes EXACTLY the same number of rockets in the tank and lightning tests as the ML7.
    ** btw, it's buggy and sometimes will still pick up 8 rockets, expect that to be fixed.

and worse, my NC overshield feels exactly as useless as my TR one too. it stops nothing.

the direction the game is going is kind of obvious - only two factions (dropping TR) and only 5 classes (dropping HA). plus more of a 'capture the flag' feel to it. the only thing flagging for me is the desire to play elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  2. KnightCole

Lol, no, all shields are the same. The difference is TR and VS weapons tickle, while NC guns hit you like they are not afraid to break a nail.

The reason you were maybe able to face tank a MAX as a NC is because the TR/VS have regular weapons on thier maxes that deal little bits of damage and are fairly inaccurate. the NC MAX, he walks up and poppop your dead.

NC Weaponry is quite fantastic, ill give you that. Aside from the EM1, I think all NC weapons are quite good.

I to played a TR HA and went over to NC, never really looked back. TR do lack punch......it is quite astounding to walk around a corner into an NC and watch as your shield vanishes and you die in what seems like instantly.
    • Up x 1
  3. tahn1000

well don't expect that to last...

... as in the HA class has been steadily neutered since july, when the overshields received their first nerf, for TR at least.
  4. Edelhonk

U must be

a) a troll
    b) a stupid moron
    or
    c) both

i really ask myself if you ever played this game

1.) all your testing about the duration of the NMG shield

you know what?...It was a waste of time. The duration NMG shield is exactly the same on all empires AND (even more important) on every rank. A lvl 1 NMG shield will hold the same time a lvl 3 does or a lvl 5. And if had read the description you would actually know this...a full certed NMG shield doesnt stay longer active as a rank 1 does...but regenerates faster after you switched it of or depleted during a fight.

2.) Shrike

The Shrike also has 5 rockets as reload...same as the ML7. Maybe you should stop wearing Munitions Pouch in VR.
    And it has the same arc and speed as the ML7...and it ever had.

what patch are you babbeling about?...there was no patch in the last 12 days.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hosp

I'm beginning to dislike people who make assertions claiming they are incapable of competent gameplay due to long working (albeit not perfect) mechanics and dev favoritism.

Link your character, give us your system specs, general video settings, and a summary of your style of gameplay. I'm sure there are players here that can tell if you're doing it wrong.
    • Up x 2
  6. DCWarHound

7. Saool

I stopped reading at this point. You could at least understand your chosen subject matter before launching into a critique about it.
    • Up x 6
  8. _itg

Most of what you've ranted about is blatantly false, but I can explain a bit here. The NC's default gun, the Gauss SAW, is able to easily hit that sniper (regardless of sight) because it has a 0 starting cone of fire (CoF). In other words, it's sniper-accurate on the first shot, then it quickly becomes inaccurate on subsequent shots. As a tradeoff, the Gauss SAW has extreme recoil and a poor moving CoF. As for the 100 rounds in the chamber with 200 in the pool, that's a nice feature, but it's balanced by the longest reload in the game. The large ammo pool makes sense for a gun which is usually used at long ranges, where most of your bullets are likely to miss no matter how good you are. It has more damage per bullet because that's NC's trait. If you'll notice, its RoF is an extremely low 500, while TR has LMGs at 750 RPM and other guns which go even higher.
    • Up x 1
  9. JRCoonington

wow, worst whine thread of the year. you forgot that munitions pouch was a thing when u tested effing rocket ammo capacity of all things? you actually believe that NC overshields soak up more damage? you actually think NC rockets are stronger or have better muzzle velocity? i gotta take my hat off to u sir, u set the bar for just plain silly. u have managed to single out things that are COPYPASTA across the factions, and complain about them. HARDCORE LOL.

Guass Saw is a specialized weapon, built for long range. its accurate because its built for long range. its mag size is balanced around the worst reload time of any LMG. its high damage is balanced around the lowest ROF of any lmg. in fact i can only think of 3 TR lmgs that dont flat out DPS the gauss saw, and 1 VS one (not counting ns-15m wich is out dps'd by pretty much everything). overall its an unforgiving weapon in CQB and its intense recoil makes it actually VERY difficult to use right out of the box. most will agree that the gauss saw doesn't shine at all without a compensator and foregrip. although i will say i find the foregrip redundant, the horizontal recoil is minor enough to be inconsequential, especially as u should be shooting bursts of 2 or 3, and recentering inbetween anyway.
  10. Shiaari

I think the OP found a faction that fits his play style.

Too bad he can't understand the subjectivity of that.

>>Failthread fails.
    • Up x 1
  11. MurderBunneh

Doesn't the Carv start with 100/200 ammo?

Also .26 k/d on NC? Gotta be a troll.
  12. TheStonehawk

What?

I play NC for Railjack and GDF7 or whatever. Thats it. I used to play for Pheonix as well but since nerf that weapon has been garbage and I'd rather use a shrike than that sack of crap. But yeah, the NC weapons kick like Bruce Lee every time you fire them so they make CQB tough unless you are using aforementioned GDF7 or whatever the designation is.
  13. tahn1000

omg... which part of i've played tr to lvl 60+ and this is what i've EXPERIENCED as a nc was too hard to comprehend? but i never said i was godly at this game.

as for the shrke I POINTED OUT THAT THE THING WAS NERFED THE VERY DAY IT HAPPENED.
  14. tahn1000

btw you were right, the carv does carry 100 in the clip and 400 extra, current stats. that's to make up for it's attrocious CoF and recoil. when it does hit the stats say the damage is 143/10m to 125/65m. a compensator is not an option.
  15. MisterSlim

-Leaves Infiltrator forums to see what's going on in the others-
    "Hm, I wonder what the HA class discussion will hold in store for me."
    -Reads starting post-
    -Goes back to cloaker area-
    • Up x 3
  16. Dualice

Well this is one of the stranger threads I've seen in a while. Not as odd as the one requesting a change to the NC females' derrières though.

OP, I remember you've been denouncing TR forum-side for some time. Glad you've found a faction that finally works for you, though some of these confirmed suspicions you've mentioned... well, they're just completely false. Lightning tanks, starting rocket launchers and heavy assault shields are all identical cross-faction.

Maybe you were just so disillusioned with TR that you wanted to see such differences.
  17. FieldMarshall

Stopped reading to save my brain from further torture
    • Up x 1
  18. tahn1000

did it ever occur to you that as a devoted TR and HA player i was championing against the nerfing that was hurting the faction, and the class in general?

.... i guess not.
  19. Dualice

This is a silly conversation. Let's just accept we're on completely different wavelengths here and enjoy the game.