Devs actually listen to the community, so next target is...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Golconda, Nov 18, 2014.

1. DarkJackal

Yes, I appreciate that someone does update the folks on the forum. I only recently made an appearance on these forums because there was a survey that went out not to long ago so there must be some interest by the devs for my input that peaked my curiosity. Most games appear to not make that attempt so I don't reciprocate in those cases as I expect them to work of metrics if they don't have the time or energy to read through my stuff. This is so I don't waste my own time and energy if what I type doesn't get the message across.

That being said, there should be some way on the main page of the PS that links dev comments to other 3rd party sites so that I have some clue on what's happening. I would much appreciate that as I don't have the time or energy to keep track of multiple 3rd party threads and would rather have the one site to go to like a pointer.
  2. RadarX

The launcher is always going to link to the extremely important news every player needs to know. Higby saying they are looking at the Vlucan, is not extremely important news. Changes to the data API from PromptCritical is not either.

The double station cash mega thread on reddit? Leads to the forums because that's where it was posted first. That is news everyone needs to know.
  3. vincent-

Some of you guys need to chill I use to be forums only but than I found some other sites to be easier aka reddit and personally /vg/ to read up on things.

You're all making this into more of a big deal than it needs to be, info is info and if you know how to find it you will find it. Just because it's another source doesn't mean it's bad. Hell I only come by this a day just the read what the devs have been up too.
    • Up x 1
  4. MrJoske

They annoying thing with the Dev Tracker is that ALL languages end up there. I used to check it daily, but just stopped (and went only reddit, people with more patience then me tend to repost anyway there) because it's such a mess now.

Just a minor thing ^^
  5. Goretzu

I agree about the randomness, but that is part of thier system, otherwise there'd be no point in anyone buying stuff becasue we'd all have it straight away - it's MMORPG mechanics really.

I don't have any problem keeping implants running though, I seem to get more than enough charger drops.
  6. squarebug

Nerf banshee
    ??
    more players quit
  7. DrBash00

Thump up!! Yes to new weapon! Yes to new Stuff!

NO to more nerfs, so lets shout for NEW stuff and NOT for nerfs!
  8. Dudeman325420

Uhhh... Just post on the forums. Solution.
    • Up x 2
  9. Gammit

That would be smart: make the SOE tracker on these forums to ID only posts in certain forums or done in certain languages. I too get excited to see 5+ posts only to feel disappointed when I realize it's the same post done in multiple languages. Not that the multiple languages is bad; it's actually great. But this little tool would help.
  10. Gammit

It would be great if the official forums could at least act as a better hub for all the information. I like that it has a link to different dev's twitter accounts and such, but it would be better if
    1. this was easier for the layman to find
    2. it was updated so it didn't still link to TRay and so it included other devs as well
    3. it could link to Reddit the same way it links to Twitter
  11. Konstantinn

How can you POSSIBLY not enjoy having the same exact weapon for 15$ more that has some barely visible gold paint on it!?!?!?! Ridiculous! That's like the essence of new content right there.
  12. iller

Yeah there's really only 2 kinds of infantry in this game... Assault, and Support. The real odd-man-out in this is always going to be infiltrator who would probably need to have an "official representative" / QA intern to get fixed. That's something that could be managed off-site, like on reddit or PSU or even a blog... wherever that person was most comfortable maintaining a list of "What broke about Cloaking this month?". ...b/c it's a never ending pattern o_O (and I think most of us would nominate Mustarde or Cutebeaver)
  13. Golconda

Bumping this since higby is asking the community what balance changes they would like to see :O
  14. Whiteagle

WORKING WARPGATES!!!
    Make it happen Higby!
  15. MurderBunneh

Things like this help pay for the game. It takes almost zero dev time and doesn't really affect you if you don't want to buy it.

IMO they should be full focused on cosmetics and resource revamp cause those will keep the game going.

Aside from VS having vastly better camo coverage and ridiculous black default camo..I think balance is in the best place it has ever been.
  16. Rayden78

You know whats the best way is to deal with this? Nerf it, then 2 weeks later silently set it back to normal ;)
  17. Bortasz

With is that sort of insanity that I expect from SOE.
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

you forgot about vehicle ejection bug!
  19. Foxirus

*Dumps a trashbag of Pamphlets* READ THESE PEOPLE...