What do you find satisfying in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BetterFasterStronger, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Tommyp2006

One maging burster maxes with Banshee
    Killing tanks with Fury flash
    Getting ram kills with anything
    Killing aircraft with AP tank shells

Basically, things that the platform was never meant to do or do well.
  2. Linedan

Having a night where I get a 1:1 k/d. Doesn't happen often.
    • Up x 1
  3. dngray

Getting launched from those platform launcher thingys to the next platform destination which is defended by enemies and landing a couple sticky grenades. One time I got 9 kills with one sticky grenade doing this.

Also owning it up in my magrider with good gunner. I can go on a 60 kill streak easy. Gunner must be good though.
  4. Takoita

"I've got a present for you!" and "Pizza delivery!"
  5. RykerStruvian

Nothing really stands out for me as of late. I've had some fun times in the past. Really, all I do now is I pull my repair sundie with walkers, park it somewhere, and farm certs with my engineer. I keep thinking 'just 1000 certs' to upgrade my character in some way. But I don't even 'feel' that sense of epicness. I just kind of play because PS2 is just a semi-convenient multiplayer fps game and it's free.

Honestly, I started playing Dungeon of the Endless and I've been having a blast with that. It's a simple concept and nowhere near as graphical as PS2, but I love the comments the characters tell each other, the soundtrack is really neat, and it's kind of like you're developing your own little sci-fi dungeon spelunking story. Looking forward to playing Endless Legend which I picked up over the Steam sale and some more D3/TSO with a buddy once he feels better. I can play other games but PS2 just really makes me feel bad. I like being able to play against others and all, but overall my gaming experience just hasn't been the greatest, and I started playing again at the beginning of November.
  6. Brahma2

Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentations on their forum posts.
    • Up x 1
  7. Plastikfrosch

A good stalker fight: when you and your opponent are sneaking around each other, taking out the enemys motiontrackers and mines and kill him first because he shows his location by moving at the wrong moment.
    Taking the hostiles snipers and LA on top of a biolab out that try to kill your own people on the landing pad and then getting posts like "f****** backstabber" (especially from other infiltrators).
    Stalking on a tower controlled by hostiles so that they dont dare to get aircrafts from the terminal anymore and waste time to search for you (so binding hostile resources on you) and even the hostile snipers dont dare to go on the landingpad anymore to use them as theire eagles nest.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gobmi

1. Killing the sniper who killed me. Snipers are useless.
    2. Lancering a MAX. They always seem surprised.
    3. taking down ESF. Yeah run away while you still can.
  9. Harmaakettu

Driving suicide flashes into sundies never gets old.

Grab an engineer with utility pouch, slap four C4 on a fury flash (Cloak is optional, be sure to switch to infiltrator afterwards) and ram into a sundy while shooting the fury like the world is ending. This detonates the C4. Bonus points if you do it with turbo and launch yourself off a rock to sling your flash towards the target. Also remember to honk the horn if you've got one.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kislany

A good infantry games without tanks and air farming us. A very seldom occasion these days.
  11. KnightCole

I find defending a post and seeing a horde of guys in a room, taking aim, unloading and watching the kill marks pile up =D

Or those epic moments when its just me defending a place or something and rows of guys try to take me out and fail.

The epic on the move blowing the **** out of a Flash....killing an aircraft with a rocket, thats always satisfying.

Peppering the hell out of aMAX with my LMG.....its fun to just sit and shoot the LMG while actually doing something, rather then firing it into the sky to hear it go off....
  12. Sovereign533

Making headshots on infantry with a 150mm TITAN-AP. The thought of blowing a 15cm hole through someones head with a gigantic cannon always makes me chuckle.
  13. Haquim

Dueling NC MAXes in a biolab with Pounders - sometimes I even win!
    Flying my Mosquito without running into a swarm of G2A fire or enemy A2A swarms
    Rushing enemy Sunderers with my AP/Vulcan Prowler and destroying their spawnpoint while the guards try to get their wits together. (Did that artillery piece just drive up on us? Wait that prowler MOVED???)

Uhhh which head?
    (If the whine goes on Prowler will have to score two direct hits to kill a guy - with a 120mm shell... And the other tanks shortly after I recon. Damnit I wanna throw 12 cm rocks at the faces of the whiners.)
  14. MetalCotton

• Shooting down ESFs with A2A. Welcome to reality, where we haven't sunk back to dogfighting like it's 1942.
    • Nailing anything in the air with tank rounds, come down here and fight like men.
    • MAX punches, never gets old to smack that LA fairy across the head before he can detonate the C4.
    • Tank fights in the woodlands of Amerish, where the trees are heavier. Always a tense moment when you've gotta put up that Vanguard shield and make a hasty retreat because a Prowler locked down and ambushed you. The barren areas of Indar and Esamir are nice too, where range and maneuverability matters most.
    • When I first started playing, I looked forward to riding a Sunderer halfway across the map for a fight, but redeployside.
  15. Alarox

- Having a significant impact on fights at the individual/squad level.

- Making skill shots.

- The gunplay itself.
  16. Revel

[IMG]

Killing a 12 man sundy with tank mines I dropped an hour ago and forgot about
    • Up x 7
  17. WilliamSaiur

- Getting to 1000 certs to unlock something new and interesting.
    - One shooting infantry with a Phalanx Turret. Especially mid-air direct its on the LA that was aiming to C4 you.
    - Locating a sniper in the hills, managing to get behind him unnoticed and empting a clip point blank range in his ***.
    - Any time I kill something that flies.
    - Any time I kill something that rolls.
    - Especially the times I kill something that hovers and can climb 40 meter high vertical slopes! MAGRIDERS!!!
    - Being the guy that lands the last few shots on the NC MAX scatter-shot abusing *** hole who mowed down 45 people before going down.
    - Laying down some tank mines in a spot likely to be used by the enemy and getting the kill 15 minutes later, wondering why and remembering that you deployed mines earlier.
    - Killing a Sundie that was key to the enemy push. Not only do you feel glorious but for once you actually did something personally that had a HUGE impact on a given fight.
    - Winning a base, alert or fight I had never any right to win (3 on 1 infantry for example).
    - Being that one sneaky bastard who manages to spawn right before a defending base turns over to the enemy, hide until most of the zerg leaves then killing a few things before finally being put down. Nobody expects the random mines in front of the vehicle bay spawn 2-3 minutes after the end of the fight and you often get a few stragglers that way.
    - That one time I saw a sniper 200 meters away who was about to pop off my head, missed but got me in the chest, leaving me almost dead then replied with a single bullet from my TRAC-5, killing him with the head shot. He definitely took some earlier hits from somebody else so it wasn't just me being awesome, but it felt so good I think I came close to orgasm. I really hate snipers.

But above all and oddly enough, the one thing I enjoy the most in PS2 is :

Supporting. Repairing MAX suits, turrets, Tanks, etc, dropping the ammo box from the heavies and lock down anti air maxes so they can fire air all day. Reviving people, getting assists kills on pretty much anything. Having your deployed sundie spawn a thousand people over the course of 10 minutes. I love being that guy that didn't actually killed anyone, but helped everyone else kill everything. Sometimes I get death recaps of 17 000 points with like zero kills in them and I feel like I did so well that life. It brings tears of joy to my eyes.

In contrast, the one thing I hate the most : Dying repeatedly without achieving anything meaningful. Like spawn, die to explosion. Spawn, shoot a guy dead then immediately die to his friend. Spawn, pop a vehicle and turn around the corner to see there's 5 Vanguards waiting for you and getting instant gibed. Spawn, reach a broken turret mount point and start fixing it only the get shot in the head by a sniper. I don't like dying and sadly... I die a lot in this game. So every time I play PS2, there's like a figurative rage gauge filling increasingly full every time I die and the only way to have the pressure go down is one of the things mentioned above. Sometimes it gets so bad and I need to redeploy to a random empty base and fix the turrets that are broken there for 10 mins just to calm the **** down. But even then, there's a solid 10-20% chance that a random infiltrator will be going around hacking the turrets and also shoot me in the back of the head. And when THAT GUY shows up and kills me, the fustration I experience over my inability to instant teleport IRL to the guy's room and murder the **** out of his life is rather worrying. Like I don't WANT to be a psychotic killer, but you just HAD to show up 2 clicks from the front-line to shot the engi that fixes the useless turrets that point to his warp gate anyway?!

But really when that happens I just log off and go play other games that don't make me want to kill you! It's probably for the best.
    • Up x 2
  18. Wylding

Logging out after I've been killed in my vanguard by a C4 faerie.

That's right SOE, logging out.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bernardes

- Spawn my own vehicle ;
    - Access control to my vehicle;
    - Customization to vehicle, guns and soldier;
    - Workable vehicle interiors (like the air ones and some of the ground ones);
  20. Germaux

Sniping a dude from a cloaked flash :)
  21. Germaux

4# NC To strong for 1 faction xD So u need to team up