Does Reddit really have more dev attention than PS2 forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatal_Finn, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarox

Luckily there are more reasonable people than idiots.
  2. f0d

thats the reason i hate reddit
    i tried to use it and there was a good few posts i was interested in but they all disappeared in a day, i guess i could start bookmarking the good ones but then my bookmarks would fill up and its just a hassle

it seems that the crrap posts float to the top of that dunghole of a "forum" "website" or whatever and the useful ones get downvoted by the opposite factions to what the poster is
    • Up x 1
  3. Canno

You are confusing a community rep with a dev. It's hard to tell because it's not like it says community manager under their name or anything.

Said it that thread, will say it here. These forums are 'toxic' because SOE has created an us-vs-them feeling. The 'official' forums aren't good enough for the devs, 'they' are. Makes for a more hostile environment here which spills over to there.

They can turn it around by biting the nanite and posting here, taking their lumps until dev interaction becomes the norm on their 'official' forums and not elsewhere.

Or at least give the official forums the respect of telling us important info BEFORE squealing off to reddit to post it first.

Copy, paste.
  4. Leondre

I wouldn't be surprised, these forums are a cesspool.
    • Up x 2
  5. tahn1000

... so the developers of ps2 aren't the least bit interested in the official forums of their own game. sometimes i get the impression that they feel the same way about the game.
    • Up x 5
  6. toast2250

Go to reedit then?
  7. Leftconsin

The devs are on reddit. Forumside is actually a madhouse.
  8. HadesR

What's going to happen with the release of the game on the PS4

Play a Sony game on a Sony console and need to visit a non-Sony website for any useful Sony Dev interaction .... :D
  9. iller

don't try and whiteknight it when Radar himself just said otherwise....
  10. DxAdder

I wouldn't say Forumside is toxic it's a reality check for what going on in the game.

There is just no sugar coating here.
    • Up x 3
  11. Alarox

Where did he say, "the individual developers don't prefer Reddit and don't think it is less toxic"?
  12. Govedo13

Yes and it is better a lot friendlier place with less griefers and trolls as well.
  13. Longasc

Devs rather posting on Twitter and Reddit e.g.. than on the very own official forum of their game isn't unique to Planetside 2 but for many MMOs in particular.

I find it rather unprofessional when especially lead developers rather post on Twitter, Reddit, elsewhere than on the official forums of their game. By far too often they post from their private accounts about everything, and that is unfortunately awful in most cases.

Who actually cares about their private life, I am not a stalker, I am interested in the designers of the game I am playing, not the person behind the official function. And that is the person I communicate with. Muddling both personas together is very problematic IMO!

Isn't it awesome when official forums gets declared or perceived "toxic". Kudos for working forum moderation? Result going to other sites? :p
    Going to Twitter and Reddit, throwing the usual sycophants a little attention so that they eat out of their hands and voila, Dev friendly atmosphere.... really?

No, devs don't want to argue and hate criticism and hate messages, nobody can blame them for that, they are not different than other people in that regard.

When new stuff gets announced on Reddit, Twitter, whatever first... it's just wrong.

Reading Reddit's PS2, is that really better than this forum? Just check for the producer of Planetside 2 who apparently got encouraged to post on Twitter now and then and create an account for this purpose. John Smedley some time ago declared Twitch to be the future. Expect lots of video footage for H1Z1 next to nobody is watching. Reminds me of the devs of some other games doing interviews with relatively obscure podcasts with little reach and the news spread there trickling down to the forum etc..

One thing I am sure about:

If you have 100 people yelling "OMG it's crap" that gets ignored as not constructive. If 100 more say the same in a more constructive way it apparently also gets ignored as long as SOME people SOMEWHERE like it. Then it is apparently good!?! Cannot imagine any other way how things actually pass testing and go live in sad and sorry states.
    • Up x 4
  14. Gemenai

So long story short, forget posting on the official forum and create a reddit account?
    ******** in it´s truest form.
    But hey, i already only rarely play this game, why would i care if my opinion reaches the respective person/dev?
    Just close this farce of a forum and link straight to reddit instead. That would be at least "honest".
  15. Bortasz

Yes. Devs use reddit and Twitter more.
    I can see why reddit, since after some experience it is better than normal forum.
    But they could simple change the official forum to reddit like.

Twitter is good for only one think. Insulting people.
  16. Tykune

Holy crap, this guy is a genius. Lets make him a Designer.
  17. Tykune

I've been saying it for months now. They're treating this game as a cash cow now. Once they're done with it, they'll kill it, chop it up, and roll around in its blood... I mean, money.
    • Up x 2
  18. f0d

NOOOOOOOO

the reddit system is horrible - getting downvoted by people who dont have valid arguments or just plain dont like you and make your post disappear is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE system

i find the reddit way MORE toxic as any kind of criticism of the game gets downvoted into oblivion no matter how valid - yet stupid discussions that have no depth or intellect into them but praise the devs/game get upvoted
    that is not a way to run a community
    • Up x 5
  19. TwwIX

The developers prefer the ********** at Reddit because that's where the brown nosers congregate. It's a nice little bubble for them all.
    If you're seeking to experience the hive mind mentality. Look no further than Reddit.
    • Up x 6
  20. toast2250

Hah, had to look up for that term, lol!

I sure wouldn't want to hang around on a biased site where people up and down vote each other, especially if the comments are then sorted accordingly.

(Yahoo answers work this way, which is nice. But I always read the rest of the comments as an addition,.. I demand them!)

Its interesting you say that for reedit and not for the forum, on the forum you could moderate the hell out of it to submission, but then again, voting/self managing is quite convenient from the other side.

I noticed that they once destroyed an entire forum, together with a entire game, wow. :eek:
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.