When are we going to get more content?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cookie5000, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Cookie5000

The roadmap hardly has anything, last time I looked at it you had like 20 things to put into the game.

I hope its just because you guys are working hard and putting most of the resources onto the PS4 and not just being lazy. After PS4 Im expect us both PC and PS4 players to get more content.

Theres still a bunch of stuff you guys promised or at least mentioned of development that isn't even on the roadmap!
    • Empire Buggies
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Continental Lattice & Battle Islands
    [IMG]
    • New Alerts and Missions Revamp
    • Bugs & Glitch Fixes
    • Resource Revamp
    • New melee
    • Performance Issues (Still waiting for OMFG 4)
    • Nexus Battle Island
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Comon SOE! The lack of content is killing me...
    • Up x 2
  2. Tommyp2006

Sometime after they finish the PS4 version.

It's just like the OMFG drought last year except this time we aren't getting anything out of it in the end.
    • Up x 5
  3. Sossen

If you dont think the PS4 version has the potential help this game massively, you dont see the big picture. The only way that they will get the resources needed to make this game all that it can be is through a big revenue boost. The PS4 version might bring this.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gammit

I think there is stuff in the works, but the team may be overly-cautious of communicating possible future features.
    • Up x 1
  5. desktop

Id like to see them do another run of balance passes across existing vehicles and classes, starting with the valkaire. They werent exactly huge updates but most of the changes were for the better.
  6. doombro

New melee is coming soon. It's on test right now, and I'm loving it. As soon as it goes live, it's conga line time.
  7. SpartanPsycho

*asks for more stuff when we dont need more and soe breaks things with every patch.

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK! YES! JUST NOT NOW! ps4 is what SOE cares about.
  8. Cookie5000

So your saying PC players aren't important and should be ignored when they're basicly just BETA Testers for the PS4?

Hmm... I should check that out haven't been on TS for a while
    • Up x 2
  9. Cookie5000

Well you do have a point
  10. Leftconsin

My understanding, which may be wrong, is we are waiting for PS4. That is a month away. After that I suspect the devs will do another OMGF pass or a massive balance pass. There are always people complaining about those two things. So that is another month. THEN they will start working on new content. So I'm expecting the very first wave of actually new content sometime in early March.

I'm also not counting little tidbits like weapon reskins as new content. I mean something substantial like completing missions or resources. Something even more grand like a new vehicle? Wait till summer.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cookie5000

As far as content, the Winter Event probably counts. Lets shoot Frosty yay! lol...
  12. Dualice

What, you mean in case Higby blows another fuse on social media following the reaction from the player community? :D

To the OP, I highly doubt the devs are being "lazy"... the PS4 beta is out any week now, I imagine they're working their socks off.

*EDIT* I wonder if they'll ever do anything to make the MKV Suppressed something markedly different from the NS-7 PDW.
  13. ShadowViper

Putting all your effort in to porting a game that still hasn't addressed the issues of why the bulk of the community left in the first place isn't really a great start.

Console players will be way less forgiving on this than i fear the pc crowd was.
    • Up x 5
  14. miraculousmouse

What is it like?
  15. tf2hero

[IMG]
  16. Dualice

From what I hear you can equip your melee weapon by pressing and holding your melee hotkey. Like this you can swing the blade faster than quick-knifing, and you also have access to a charged mode of some sort, where the blade swings slower, emits a noise loud enough for nearby enemies to hear, but can one-hit-kill other players.
  17. miraculousmouse

Sounds cool. I hope it doesn't become a knife primary ****fest like in Black Ops 2... i see people complaining about "lag exploiters" using .75x ads to their advantage or whatever, imagine knife users running around at 2x normal speed and screwing you in close proximity.
  18. doombro

Knifing isn't hitscan nonsense anymore, you can actually wield the knives, and there are new knives resembling the PS1 knives that you can activate. TR's is ******* wicked. Has actual chainsaw noises.
  19. Kubin

[IMG]

Is that beauty considered as Vanu vehicle? It looks so gorgeous I had a little eyegasm. But what do you mean by "Buggy"? Isn't it a term for Harasser? Is Harasser planned to be revamped (even if only by its "looks")? Where can I read about it?
  20. KiakoLalene

When they do announce content, they'll just keep pushing it back (like they did with deployable turrets).
    • Up x 2