How well can a i3-3220 run this game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Meowcenary, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Meowcenary

^

I have a GTX 650 1GB to go along with it.
  2. Meowcenary

Sorry meant i3-2120 :/

Typo
  3. BlackDove

Not great. Need higher clocks. It will run it though.
  4. veselie

I played the game for a few months using an i3 2100 + Radeon 6770 , and thanks to the optimization patch I could get no less than 35 fps in large battles , but as the game received new content fps started to drop to 25 . You can run the game , but you will have to switch to a support class in large battles if you want to make some certifications . My graphics settings were 1280x800 , 75% render quality , graphics quality Medium , textures ultra , and the rest to low or off .
  5. Krayus_Korianis

Funny, I have an i3-2100 with a GTX 660 OC. I get in large LARGE fights (over the most that a hex can actually count) about 30-40 FPS. Overall it's a rather smooth experience. Sure it's nothing like if I had an i5 or an i7. But still the i3-2100 or the i3-2120 can actually run and play this game quite well. I also have all my settings up on Ultra.
  6. sjtw_w_stot

So, seeing as the min specs for the game were updated to i5 yesterday, can anyone in this thread still play or did SEO decide they want an even smaller playerbase? Game is getting pretty empty.
  7. BlackDove

Theyre just telling people "get a better computer because were not going to fix the broken DX9 Freerealms engine were using for an fps. Here are some new hats though!"
  8. sjtw_w_stot

Welcome to Planetside - Planetside - Planetside <-- (echo as no one is online cuz they cant play the game anymore)
  9. Siilk

It will run but it will be sucky.
  10. bubbleawsome

Not great. Expect ~30fps in medium-large battles. A new i3 like the 4340 would do much better due to the IPC improvements. The 4340 actually well exceeds the first gen i5 760 they recommend. It can't hurt to try anyways.

Forgelight is actually a beautiful engine with massive possibility, the dev team just needs some time given by SOE to do what they need to do.

First gen processors were quite a bit slower than even the sandy bridge processors. Newer i3s will be fine.
  11. f0d

i have a i3 4360 in my htpc (my main is an i7 3930k) and it actually plays ps2 just fine and gets 60fps 90% of the time when i use it with my gtx670

mine is faster clock speed (3.7ghz) and has more cache (4m) and is the latest i3 model (2 generations newer) than yours but i think your i3 should still be "playable"
  12. BlackDove

PS2 was released in 2012 and it looks worse and performs worse than it did at release!