What kind of player are you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hot Pockets, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hot Pockets

Are you a noob whose primary action is dying?
    Do you only play combat medic?
    Are you one of the chowderheads who only flies and misses out a good 2/3 of the game?
    Do you just like to mess around with your friends?

Personally, I'm equal parts tryhard mlg heavy assault (nanoweave 5 reachcats!), smg infil *****, banshee and marauder farmer (TR know what I'm talking about), troll who messes around with his friends, and a scrub that can't kill anything.

What kind of player are you?
    what do you like to do in the wonderful world of PS2?
  2. BlueSkies

I like to do whatever is most appropriate to the situation, be it tanking, AAing, LAing, Engy cert farming, etc...

Side note: this is probably why I tend to have issues with people who only tank, or only fly, or only do infantry... and then complain when their mode of play isn't 100% effective 100% of the time. Adapt to the situation, don't expect the situation to adapt to you.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gammit

As do I, but I also find that I suck as an infiltrator (I have to actively remind myself not to spot the HA that just ran past) and I'm not as good an an engineer or as an ESF pilot.
  4. Morpholine

When the outfit's rocking - a team player, doing what's needed, when it's needed.

When solo - auraxium/directive hunter.
  5. breeje

i like the sneaky infiltrator
    the infiltrator on a flash for tank hunting
    medic for there rifles, i think medics have the best guns
    and sometimes a little flying and tanking when i feel like it
  6. BetterFasterStronger

I always play with a lightning tank, unless I don't have resources; or it's just to stupid to do in a situation.
    If I don't play as a tank, I snipe.
  7. Radical Raxuss

I'm usually Anti-Vehicle. AP Stealth Lightning, Burster/Pounder MAX, or HA (when out of resources). When there's no vehicles, or I'm defending a base, I tend to run HA.

Infantry fights with 50-100 players on either side, I go Infil and spam darts everywhere, sniping in-between ammo boxes.
  8. zuka7

9. Fatal_Finn

Mainly play engineer, both agressive and supportive.
  10. gunnner10

I'm a punching bag for TR and NC
  11. Joexer

Support Roles, be it engi, medic, or recon dart spam
  12. Pirbi

The one apparently not suiting the oblivious ***** in proxy.
  13. FateJH

Engineer and AA. Also, if there's two dozen sensor darts around the base, I'm probably nearby.
  14. Targanwolf

Lone wolf.......90% engineer......mana turret fighter.........explosives(prox-mines and c-4) heavy focus
    10% sniper n hacker
  15. pnkdth

Enjoy using weapons/loadouts everyone says are bad or not "viable." It has made me enjoy the game a whole lot more, whatever QQ or FOTM is being discussed on the forums is something that never affects the game for me. My first auraxiums on live was the Polaris and pre-buffed Artemis(well, almost, I was about 20 kills away when the buff went live).

When in squad I tend to fill whatever hole needs filling. This applies to soloing or casual mode squads as well, like pulling a burster MAX if none is present, etc etc.

Probably not the most cert effective playstyle overall but I think this is how I've kept from completely burning out or becoming frustrated with the game. I tried going into farm mode a few times and it has to be the most boring activity I've experienced in PS2. I am sure it helps to get quicker auraxium medals but I rather have a longer and fun experience as than a quick and boring one, <insert innuendo here>.
  16. CARunner

I just like to have fun and change up my styles as the game-play progresses.
  17. TriumphantJelly

Simply put, I'm an *******.
  18. Flamberge

The support player.

My comp is not very good, and as such, I have to play smart instead of fast.
    I main engi, repping, giving ammo, spamming recon darts with my Crossbow, killing stuff with my turret/carbine if needed.

However, if I get bored, I run infil. Just for lols mainly, sniping guys and whatnot. However, I also go infil + crossbow and camp enemy vehicle terminals, cutting off the enemies supply of armor.
  19. johnway

My general play style is predominately cautious support or defense. I'm never the first to charge into battle or to an objective even when i'm the closest without additional support if i can help it. From experience rushing in just to secure objective alone is doomed to fail unless you were lucky or very skilled - which i'm neither. In most cases i hang back join in with massive charges and find suitable cover to provide support. if i see a lot of people dead in a certain area, i run rather then join in the fight and become another statistic.

I play support roles whenever the opportunity arises. If i'm medic i'm more braver to heal people as i can charge between cover, revive people and my cautious play style ensures that when someone falls, i'm there to pick them up. I play engineer even more cautiously as i don't have any form of healing like the medic or a heavy shield like HA.

I play infiltrator if the enemy is far far away on some hill and/or there are too many people blocking the targets at ground level and i need to go further away to shoot. I generally don't play this class at all unless i know i'm very certain i'm safe. Like behind a spawn room shield or inside a base shooting out. Other times if i see the enemy camping on top of a mountain and no one is making any progress, i decide to get the infiltrator out to annoy the hell out of the enemy.

LA i play for fun and this is mostly in my VS alt account. the LA is not my style, i don't have c4 and most of the time i'm too far from a medic and its another death on my stats. Oh did i mention that i'm a K/d *****?
  20. I play by many names

The kind that is getting tired of Sony's poop.
    • Up x 1